Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Forum Historical Election Poll #7

Forum Historical Election Poll #7  

19 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you vote for if transported back to the 1860 election?

    • Rep: Abraham Lincoln (IL) & Hannibal Hamlin (ME)
    • S. Dem: John C. Breckinridge (KY) & Joseph Lane (OR)
    • Const. Union: John Bell (TN) & Edward Everett (MA)
    • N. Dem: Stephen A. Douglas (IL) & Herschel V. Johnson (GA)
  2. 2. Who would you vote for if transported back to the 1864 election?

    • Nat. Union: Abraham Lincoln (IL) & Andrew Johnson (TN)
    • Dem: George B. McClellan (NJ) & George H. Pendleton (OH)
      0
  3. 3. Who would you vote for if transported back to the 1868 election?

    • Rep: Ulysses S. Grant (IL) & Schuyler Colfax (IN)
    • Dem: Horatio Seymour (NY) & Francis P. Blair, Jr. (MO)


Recommended Posts

Re-Election Forum Presidential History: Presidents and VPs

1a.  George Washington & John Adams, 1789-1793

1b.  George Washington & John Adams 1793-1797

2a.  Thomas Jefferson & John Adams 1797-1801

2b. Thomas Jefferson & John Adams 1801-1805

2c. Thomas Jefferson & George Clinton 1805-1809

3a. James Madison & George Clinton 1809-1813

3b. James Madison & Elbridge Gerry 1813-1817

4a. James Monroe & Daniel D. Tompkins 1817-1821

5a. John Quincy Adams & Richard Rush 1821-1825

6a. Henry Clay & Nathan Sanford 1825-1829

7a. John Quincy Adams & Richard Rush 1829-1833

8a. Henry Clay & John Sergeant 1833-1837

9a. Daniel Webster & Francis Granger 1837-1841

10a. James Birney & Thomas Earle 1841-1845

10b. James Birney & Thomas Morris 1845-1849

11a. Gerrit Smith & Charles Foote 1849-1853

12a. Winfield Scott & William A. Graham 1853-1857

13a. John C. Fremont & William L. Dayton 1857-1861

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, vcczar said:

Re-Election Forum Presidential History: Presidents and VPs

1a.  George Washington & John Adams, 1789-1793

1b.  George Washington & John Adams 1793-1797

2a.  Thomas Jefferson & John Adams 1797-1801

2b. Thomas Jefferson & John Adams 1801-1805

2c. Thomas Jefferson & George Clinton 1805-1809

3a. James Madison & George Clinton 1809-1813

3b. James Madison & Elbridge Gerry 1813-1817

4a. James Monroe & Daniel D. Tompkins 1817-1821

5a. John Quincy Adams & Richard Rush 1821-1825

6a. Henry Clay & Nathan Sanford 1825-1829

7a. John Quincy Adams & Richard Rush 1829-1833

8a. Henry Clay & John Sergeant 1833-1837

9a. Daniel Webster & Francis Granger 1837-1841

10a. James Birney & Thomas Earle 1841-1845

10b. James Birney & Thomas Morris 1845-1849

11a. Gerrit Smith & Charles Foote 1849-1853

12a. Winfield Scott & William A. Graham 1853-1857

13a. John C. Fremont & William L. Dayton 1857-1861

#3 would really be tough. Probably one of the most overtly corrupt and incompetent Presidents in the 19th Century (as a President, if not as a General) versus someone who may of, if not personally, but through appeal and party solidarity, lead a bloc that wanted to re-fight the Civil War.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patine said:

#3 would really be tough. Probably one of the most overtly corrupt and incompetent Presidents in the 19th Century (as a President, if not as a General) versus someone who may of, if not personally, but through appeal and party solidarity, lead a bloc that wanted to re-fight the Civil War.

I don't think it is when you consider what Dems would have done with Reconstruction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Patine said:

#3 would really be tough. Probably one of the most overtly corrupt and incompetent Presidents in the 19th Century (as a President, if not as a General) versus someone who may of, if not personally, but through appeal and party solidarity, lead a bloc that wanted to re-fight the Civil War.

I don't like both of them either. 

I always think it's kind of depressing that nearly every conservative also favored slavery and segregation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I don't like both of them either. 

I always think it's kind of depressing that nearly every conservative also favored slavery and segregation. 

It is very unfortunate that American politics always has several key "towline issues" at any given point - contentious issues where conservatives MUST take one side and liberals MUST take the other, or they're viewed as ingenuine and disloyal to their party and ideology, no matter what else they may believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don't think it is when you consider what Dems would have done with Reconstruction. 

I clicked the wrong one on #3. I just woke up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...