270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Beto O'Rourke to announce presidency Thursday

Beto Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will Beto O'Rourke defeat Biden, Sanders, Harris, and others to become the Democratic nominee?

• Confident that he will.
    • Unsure
    • Confident that he won't.
  2. 2. Will Beto O'Rourke win the popular vote against Donald Trump?

3. 3. Will Beto O'Rourke, both a Southerner and a Southwesterner, gain 270 EVs?

• Yes: He will be more favorable to Midwesterners than Clinton was, he has a shot at Texas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina. He's also charismatic and Trump has ongoing scandals and investigations.
    • Unsure
    • No: Trump politics is more favorable to the Midwest, Florida is Trump's new home state. The map favors Trump and he has incumbency power and a sound economy.

Beto is to announce. See poll.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Beto is to announce. See poll.

He's going to have an uphill battle, he's lost most of his Progressive vote because when he's on that debate stage he's going to be questioned about his voting history just like Biden. It's going to be an interesting primary that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, SeanFKennedy said:

He's going to have an uphill battle, he's lost most of his Progressive vote because when he's on that debate stage he's going to be questioned about his voting history just like Biden. It's going to be an interesting primary that's for sure.

He has Progressive cred because he was put up against Ted f***in Cruz, the Tea Party Satan to Democrats, of course he looked a strong progressive then. Now he's going head-to-head with Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, and even Kamala Harris and Cory Booker, these people aren't Ted Cruz anymore.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

He has Progressive cred because he was put up against Ted f***in Cruz, the Tea Party Satan to Democrats, of course he looked a strong progressive then. Now he's going head-to-head with Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, and even Kamala Harris and Cory Booker, these people aren't Ted Cruz anymore.

Exactly my point, he actually hasn't had a good challenge from his left. It'll be interesting how he does on the national level. Although he does know how to use social media and small dollar donations. Like I said I think this Democratic primary is going to be more interesting than the 2016 Republican primary.

Beto has my full support going into the primary. It will be the debate stage that gives the other candidates a chance to sway my vote. He is the best choice to defeat Trump in November and capable of actual bipartisan legislation, and putting country above party. I look forward to seeing his candidacy pick up steam.

As a moderate liberal on economy and a strong progressist Beto is one of the most inspiring politicians I ever known.

I don't think he will be the nominee and I hope he isn't. He would have been a good senator for Texas but not to be the dem nominee for president. He already showed today that he'll be an ally of the establishment, incremental change, and the message of "working together to get things done" based on his answers at his event in Iowa.