270soft Forum
Patine

Taking a Break

@willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders  @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams @FrancisXKennedy @MBDemSoc @Ido@Thunder@Wiw@Harris/Ernst 2020@jnewt@Ishan@manlex @LokiLoki22 @IonicAmalgam @jdm06ltd @Berg2036 @ZedWilliamsR @Demon Taka @NYConservative@MBDemSoc @POLITICALBOMB @thr33 @Hestia11  @Actinguy @SilentLiberty @darkmoon72 @Talique @HonestAbe @ZedWilliamsR

I am taking a several week break from posting on these forums (and, yes, I included on my tags this last time, @Reagan04, because I think you should know and read this, too). I've gotten very worked up in a number of threads, often far more than I should, or than I intended, and a lot of other people have too. While the atmosphere on these forums is not NEARLY as bad as it was about two years, a certain toxicity level is rising again (I'm not blaming any individual person - it's been a community tendency among many here). Thus, I am taking a break from actively posting (it will NOT necessarily be coterminous with the entirety of Lent, but a little while). I need to relax and re-orient myself, and then return to mostly with scenario making. Farewell, all, for now!

The coalition for reason will be weak while you are gone. 

40 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Come back soon. And take care of yourself. 

I have nothing to add here.

8 hours ago, Patine said:

@willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders  @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams @FrancisXKennedy @MBDemSoc @Ido@Thunder@Wiw@Harris/Ernst 2020@jnewt@Ishan@manlex @LokiLoki22 @IonicAmalgam @jdm06ltd @Berg2036 @ZedWilliamsR @Demon Taka @NYConservative@MBDemSoc @POLITICALBOMB @thr33 @Hestia11  @Actinguy @SilentLiberty @darkmoon72 @Talique @HonestAbe @ZedWilliamsR

I am taking a several week break from posting on these forums (and, yes, I included on my tags this last time, @Reagan04, because I think you should know and read this, too). I've gotten very worked up in a number of threads, often far more than I should, or than I intended, and a lot of other people have too. While the atmosphere on these forums is not NEARLY as bad as it was about two years, a certain toxicity level is rising again (I'm not blaming any individual person - it's been a community tendency among many here). Thus, I am taking a break from actively posting (it will NOT necessarily be coterminous with the entirety of Lent, but a little while). I need to relax and re-orient myself, and then return to mostly with scenario making. Farewell, all, for now!

Sincerely, I did not feel that way, but take care of you and maybe devellop Alberta's election when you will be back :)!

PS : Buy Quebec marple sirup and taste it ❤️

While we may not have had much communication, and surely don't always agree on political discussion, it has been a treat to read your posts and interact with you. Very strongly opinionated and having those opinions voiced is always better than not. Wish you the best over your time of reflection and I hope you enjoy your relaxation.

Smart call to take a break once in a while.  While I haven't reached that point here yet, I've certainly disabled other social media accounts from time to time when it all got to be too much at once.  Nothing wrong with reclaiming sanity every now and then.  ;c)

Take care of yourself, and we'll look forward to your return when the time is right.

take care of yourself friend, hope to see you soon

Sorry for the late response but take care of yourself

@willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders  @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker  @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams @FrancisXKennedy @MBDemSoc @Ido@Thunder@Wiw@Harris/Ernst 2020@jnewt@Ishan@manlex @LokiLoki22 @IonicAmalgam @jdm06ltd @Berg2036 @ZedWilliamsR @Demon Taka @NYConservative@MBDemSoc @POLITICALBOMB @thr33 @Hestia11  @Actinguy @SilentLiberty @darkmoon72 @Talique @HonestAbe @ZedWilliamsR

So, I don't think I'll need as long a break as I thought I did. But, I have firmly decided I am divorcing myself from all opinionated political debate, especially on divisive, incendiary, contentious, and controversial, and, even though it's several months short of two years away, the 2020 U.S. Presidential which I'm already bone-sick of. I'm asking not to be tagged for any threads asking for opinions or "weighing in" on big contentious issues (this especially, but not exclusively, means you @NYrepublican and @ThePotatoWalrus), as I feel it is unhealthy to be physically exhausted and full of rage arguing with people I've never met and know very little real, personal information on. I plan to work on the big queue of custom scenarios I have planned, but always get sidetracked arguing about some damned thing when I log in instead, as well as in giving aid, suggestions, advice, constructive criticism, and resources like information and image graphics for others doing such scenarios. I may be willing to answer a few polls about old political issues in a history like @vcczar and a few others occasionally put up, and maybe Canadian politics (which is underdiscussed here, unlike when I first registered for these forums, when it was actually a big topic). But for the most part, I have summed up my last words on the big opinionated, divisive, incendiary, controversial political issues of the day in four well-chosen song quotes.

"The battle lines are being drawn,

No one can be right if everybody's wrong,

Young people speaking their minds,

But I keep getting resistance from behind,

It's time to stop, hey, what's that sound,

Everybody look what's goin' round,"

-Springfield Buffalo, "For What it's Worth."

"Good-bye to the summer,

Sold out down the river.

Unhappily ever after,

Well did you ever?

Did you ever reach for the glued-down penny?

Same old joke, and it's not funny.

Burns are red, bruises blue.

Out with the old, cheated by the new.

Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?

I can't remember."

-Chumbawumba, "Amnesia."

"The rhyme has changed,

Compulsion rules.

Mary's little lambs are now raised by fools."

-Leah Andreone, "It's Alright, It's Okay."

"If Chicken Little told you that the sky was falling,

Even if it wasn't would you come back crawling?

I bet you would my friend,

Again, and again, and again, again, and again."

-Aerosmith, "Livin' on the Edge."

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

-Chumbawumba, 

So what you're saying is, "You got knocked down, but you got up again?" LOL.  Welcome back Patine, nonetheless!  

5 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

So what you're saying is, "You got knocked down, but you got up again?" LOL.  Welcome back Patine, nonetheless!  

They had two radio releases, but Amnesia's not as well known. And, thank-you.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

They had two radio releases, but Amnesia's not as well known. And, thank-you.

I know this is way off topic, but as someone that was a kid in the 1990's(so my exposure to the group was just that one song), what albums by them should I listen to?

48 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I know this is way off topic, but as someone that was a kid in the 1990's(so my exposure to the group was just that one song), what albums by them should I listen to?

"Tubthunpin'" which was their only album "perceptible on the music chart's radar," was 1990, I believe, and had both of their radio releases. I've looked for their other albums, but their very obscure, even though there's four or five predating "Tubthumpin'" going back to 1979, with the release of their first album "Pictures of Starving Children Sell Records" (apparently they don't :P ). I think it was mostly EP's after "Tubthumpin'" and not full albums, though.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

"Tubthunpin'" which was their only album "perceptible on the music chart's radar," was 1990, I believe, and had both of their radio releases. I've looked for their other albums, but their very obscure, even though there's four or five predating "Tubthumpin'" going back to 1979, with the release of their first album "Pictures of Starving Children Sell Records" (apparently they don't :P ). I think it was mostly EP's after "Tubthumpin'" and not full albums, though.

Can I troll you?

Here is the sovereignist anthem of Quebec

There is an english translation, but you're going to like it as it's good for this topic!

On 3/10/2019 at 12:08 AM, Patine said:

with the flames looking to have one of ther best playoffs run they ever had you got something to enjoy during your break.

3 hours ago, Rarename91 said:

with the flames looking to have one of ther best playoffs run they ever had you got something to enjoy during your break.

Not a professional hockey (or any sports) fan, but thanks for the thought. ;)