270soft Forum
TheLiberalKitten

Fictional Scenario for a Fictional Country

I'm making a fictional Scenario for a fictional country that I used in a paper for my science fiction class. If anyone is interested in more information about this, please feel free to ask. I'm still working on the lore and all the details before the start of the scenario. I've already actually made a party list which is about 12 different political parties. 

2 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I'm making a fictional Scenario for a fictional country that I used in a paper for my science fiction class. If anyone is interested in more information about this, please feel free to ask. I'm still working on the lore and all the details before the start of the scenario. I've already actually made a party list which is about 12 different political parties. 

Which games are you using, what ethno-sphere is it roughly based on, for starters?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Which games are you using, what ethno-sphere is it roughly based on, for starters?

I'm using Prime Minister Infinity-Canada at the moment.

What do you mean by Ethno-Sphere? I don't want to give you a answer that isn't accurate. Do you mean the culture that I'm basing the fictional country on? 

8 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I'm using Prime Minister Infinity-Canada at the moment.

What do you mean by Ethno-Sphere? I don't want to give you a answer that isn't accurate. Do you mean the culture that I'm basing the fictional country on? 

Like Anglo-Sphere (UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand), Anglo-Caribbean Sphere, Oceanian Sphere, Latin-American Sphere, European Union Sphere (can be subdivided), East Slavic Sphere (includes Serbia, Montenegro, and Macedonia), Turkic Sphere (Turkey, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, and former Soviet Central Asian Republics), Arab Sphere, South Asian Sphere, Communist East/Southeast Asian, Capitalist East/Southeast Asian Sphere, complicated and conflicting views of how to divided Sub-Saharan Africa, and standalones like Israel, Armenia, Georgia, Iran, and Switzerland. A thematic inspiration, moreso. Mostly in term of the type of the nation, people, and context to expect.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Like Anglo-Sphere (UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand), Anglo-Caribbean Sphere, Oceanian Sphere, Latin-American Sphere, European Union Sphere (can be subdivided), East Slavic Sphere (includes Serbia, Montenegro, and Macedonia), Turkic Sphere (Turkey, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, and former Soviet Central Asian Republics), Arab Sphere, South Asian Sphere, Communist East/Southeast Asian, Capitalist East/Southeast Asian Sphere, complicated and conflicting views of how to divided Sub-Saharan Africa, and standalones like Israel, Armenia, Georgia, Iran, and Switzerland. A thematic inspiration, moreso. Mostly in term of the type of the nation, people, and context to expect.

Ah I see! Thanks for the examples! The best one that would be closesst to the political institutions would be the Anglo-Sphere. I don't really have any certain Ethno-Sphere as it's influenced by all of the regions of the world as I've taken different institutions from various countries such as Britain, USA, Japan for example 

I would say that there is a Separatist movement in one of the regions. Along with various separatist parties in the region such as those found in  Northern Ireland.

The Communists are a slight influence in the political climate as they have influence in several regions.

10 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

The Communists are a slight influence in the political climate as they have influence in several regions.

What type of Communists are they?

13 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

What type of Communists are they?

Anarchist Communists. 

That might change later after I've written more backstory for the country. :)

1 minute ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Anarchist Communists. 

That might change later after I've written more backstory for the country. :)

Oh~. Interesting.

8 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I'll have a party list up soon.

Does it have a Federal or Unitary scheme of mandated division of powers between the national and first-tier administrative subdivision governments?

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Does it have a Federal or Unitary scheme of mandated division of powers between the national and first-tier administrative subdivision governments?

I would say that it is a Federal system. It is similar to the one seen in the United States. I hope that makes sense.

Party list: 

Communist Party of Skurigo
Nyani National Party
Green Party of Skurigo
Social Democratic Party of Skurigo
Nyani Democratic Party
Independents
None of the above (Voting option for Skurigan Voters)
Conservative Party of Skurigo
Libertarian Party of Skurigo
Coalition for an Independent Nyani
The National Alliance

10 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Here's the map of the country :)

Capture.PNG

Is it an island country, or one made up of inland exclaves surrounded by one or more other nations?

Just now, Patine said:

Is it an island country, or one made up of inland exclaves surrounded by one or more other nations?

It's an island country. 

2 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

It's an island country. 

Who is the incumbent party or coalition?

Just now, Patine said:

Who is the incumbent party or coalition?

The Green Party, the Social Democrats and several independents are the ruling coalition.  The largest party in Parliament is the Social Democrats followed by the Conservatives. No party has a outright majority in Parliament or the Chamber of Councilors. The largest party in the Councilors is the Social Democrats followed by the Conservatives. The Communists have a small block in the Chamber of Councilors, which is similar to the United States Senate.

1 minute ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

the Chamber of Councilors, which is similar to the United States Senate.

Including longer terms and staggered elections?

Just now, Patine said:

Including longer terms and staggered elections?

Shorter terms actually. It's about every 4 years for the Councilors and about 2 for Parliament but the Prime Minister may call a early election for both chambers if desired.

Just now, TheLiberalKitten said:

Shorter terms actually. It's about every 4 years for the Councilors and about 2 for Parliament but the Prime Minister may call a early election for both chambers if desired.

Unlike the US Senate all seats are up at a single election.

On 3/6/2019 at 5:11 PM, TheLiberalKitten said:

Im curious. The era and the possible issues of the nation?

31 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Im curious. The era and the possible issues of the nation?

The modern era. Perhaps the early 2000s. I have a very large issue list that I'm working on. some of the issues are generic ones such as corruption.

Issue list: (note: subject to change)

Abortion

Agriculture

AIDS

Budget Defect

Business policy

Cannabis

Civil Liberties

Communism

Conscription

Corporate Taxes

Corruption