270soft Forum

Here is my result as Romney starting from the primaries to the general. It came down to Romney, Giuliani, and McCain. McCain dropped out and endorsed Romney giving him a substantial amount of 300 delegates to push him over the top in the contested convention against Giuliani. I selected Haley Barbour as Romney's running mate to have regional balance and appeal in states we were behind in like VA, NC, and Missouri. 

The Democrats came down to Gore, Obama, and Edwards. Clinton, Biden, and Kerry all additionally stayed in until the DNC. Most candidates endorsed Obama making him the nominee. He selected Chuck Hagel as his running mate.

The race was close and teetered back and forth. Romney always had a solid lead in Ohio. It was touch and go in PA. (Obama ultimately winning by 0.4%) We managed to pick up states like Wisconsin and Minnesota (which surprised me.) Below is my result. It ultimately came down to less that 60,000 votes in the states of Florida and Wisconsin (or the election would have turned out differently.)

Mitt Romney/Haley Barbour: 299 electoral votes; 50.4% of the vote.

Barack Obama/Chuck Hagel: 232 electoral votes; 49.6% of the vote.

RomneyObama2008Results.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 1.03.05 PM.png

6 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

Here is my result as Romney starting from the primaries to the general. It came down to Romney, Giuliani, and McCain. McCain dropped out and endorsed Romney giving him a substantial amount of 300 delegates to push him over the top in the contested convention against Giuliani. I selected Haley Barbour as Romney's running mate to have regional balance and appeal in states we were behind in like VA, NC, and Missouri. 

The Democrats came down to Gore, Obama, and Edwards. Clinton, Biden, and Kerry all additionally stayed in until the DNC. Most candidates endorsed Obama making him the nominee. He selected Chuck Hagel as his running mate.

The race was close and teetered back and forth. Romney always had a solid lead in Ohio. It was touch and go in PA. (Obama ultimately winning by 0.4%) We managed to pick up states like Wisconsin and Minnesota (which surprised me.) Below is my result. It ultimately came down to less that 60,000 votes in the states of Florida and Wisconsin (or the election would have turned out differently.)

Mitt Romney/Haley Barbour: 299 electoral votes; 50.4% of the vote.

Barack Obama/Chuck Hagel: 232 electoral votes; 49.6% of the vote.

RomneyObama2008Results.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 1.03.05 PM.png

Well done! Obama is coded to be almost unbeatable in 2008

4 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Well done! Obama is coded to be almost unbeatable in 2008

And with good reason. Any Republican candidate (except maybe Ron Paul, whose platform was completely removed and divorced from it, but who was screwed over by GOP party establishment and primaries, like he was in 2012) was stained heavily by the utter mess that was the Bush Administration.