270soft Forum
nina96

Questions about President Infinity

1 hour ago, dylansh99 said:

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to put this because I couldn't find a place, but I was wondering if there was anyway someone could make PI games for the next election if the losing candidate had won (ex. President Romney running for re-election in 2016, McCain in 2012, Dole in 2000, etc.) because I had tried to alter one where Mitt Romney's running for re-election in 2016 and I must have done something wrong with his attributes because in a general election matchup, he basically sweeps the entire US. Any advice? And again, sorry if this isn't the right place to put this.

That would be a custom scenario -and probably with strong alternate history elements. Because the candidate line-ups, the political and economic situations (nationally and globally), and even, to a degree, the issues, would look somewhat different in those circumstances. It wouldn't just be "plug in a new incumbent and go." That is why whole custom scenarios would need to be made.

Is there any way when you play through a campaign through the primaries to not have anyone or a certain candidate drop out? Because I know how it sims when a candidate withdraws, but I'd like to see what would happen if a certain candidate or all of them stayed in the race until the end.

6 minutes ago, dylansh99 said:

Is there any way when you play through a campaign through the primaries to not have anyone or a certain candidate drop out? Because I know how it sims when a candidate withdraws, but I'd like to see what would happen if a certain candidate or all of them stayed in the race until the end.

I think you can toggle whether or nor a candidate stays in until the convention in the campaign editor. It should be under the tab 'Start'. I hope that helps.

2 hours ago, dylansh99 said:

1 hour ago, WVProgressive said:

I think you can toggle whether or nor a candidate stays in until the convention in the campaign editor. It should be under the tab 'Start'. I hope that helps.

Ron Paul 2012? :P

20 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Awesome, thank you very much!

Is there a way to set difficulty for making deals with certain candidates, with changes over time? I know you can have relations and can impact them subtly, but so often candidates will still be massively unlikely to make deals despite good relations and despite having poor polls / delegate numbers. I think it would be more realistic if you could set it so that if a candidate gets to a certain point and stays below polls or delegates then they'll be more likely to make deals. I'm sure this is part of it, but maybe a place where creators could make some determinations..

how to withdraw from the race? Playing 2020 primaries with two candidates and i would like withdraw with one of them. How do i do that?

Not a question, but I wanna see what you guys think about this. Wouldn't it be cool if after the election that you play is over, you can see what that President-Elect accomplished in their term? It doesn't even have to be a sim after the election, but it would be cool if you were able to choose the cabinet members and sim important legislation, accomplishments, and failures in that term. Does anyone like that idea?

Is Maine's 2nd congressional district an option in PI? I've only see it as if you can either win all of the electoral votes or not. Same with Nebraska as well?

Maybe someone can help me out with this. So I've been making my own alternate elections using a template from each election IRL that I've downloaded, but instead of creating a new one for me to work on, it overwrites the original game. Can anyone help me out? I want to be able to use one of the original games as a template to make another to edit instead of overwriting the original game.

On 7/3/2019 at 1:45 AM, dylansh99 said:

Is Maine's 2nd congressional district an option in PI? I've only see it as if you can either win all of the electoral votes or not. Same with Nebraska as well?

Not in the official scenarios. I have seen that in a custom scenario where Maine was divided into 2 districts/states, 1 with 3 EVs and 1 with 1 EV. Similar for Nebraska.

1 hour ago, dylansh99 said:

Maybe someone can help me out with this. So I've been making my own alternate elections using a template from each election IRL that I've downloaded, but instead of creating a new one for me to work on, it overwrites the original game. Can anyone help me out? I want to be able to use one of the original games as a template to make another to edit instead of overwriting the original game.

Selecting "save as" instead of save should create a separate copy to work on.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:43 PM, HonestAbe said:

How do I increase my spin points?

To increase your candidate's spin points during the campaign you would go over to the profile page and click on the icon next to spin. You can spend command points over time and it will increase the attribute's rank like issue knowledge and debating would. You can do this for almost all of the secondary attributes which can have major effects. Command will increase your number of Cps, Fundraising the money you raise, Spin will increase your spin points and percentage, etc. I only really do this when starting during the primaries however because of the time and cost to increase them.

8 hours ago, avatarmushi said:

Not in the official scenarios. I have seen that in a custom scenario where Maine was divided into 2 districts/states, 1 with 3 EVs and 1 with 1 EV. Similar for Nebraska.

Ah, gotcha.

7 hours ago, avatarmushi said:

Selecting "save as" instead of save should create a separate copy to work on.

Awesome, I'll try this. Thanks!

When I try to create a new one and try to delete some of the candidates, I get an error message saying "Access violation at address 0040947C in module 'PI.exe'. Read of address 00000018."