270soft Forum
Ido

Coalitions of more than 2 parties

@admin_270 Is there a way in PMI for coalitions to consist of more than two parties? I'm trying to do Israel scenarios and like in real life, you can't have a coalition of just two parties, you have to get more parties to join you, is there any way to ask a party to "join" my existing coalition?

34 minutes ago, Ido said:

@admin_270 Is there a way in PMI for coalitions to consist of more than two parties? I'm trying to do Israel scenarios and like in real life, you can't have a coalition of just two parties, you have to get more parties to join you, is there any way to ask a party to "join" my existing coalition?

This would be very helpful to some scenarios I have planned as well (though I'd still suggest picking up K4E for it's discount price there for Israeli scenarios, at least, very strongly, there, @Ido, as yet another issue - of many - with using PMI for such scenarios has come up, and said usage will come across as a more and more clumsy result).

@Patine I certainly do plan to buy K4E in the future when I can, just the limit on coalitions in general are a pain to deal with, not just in Israel scenarios

1 minute ago, Ido said:

@Patine I certainly do plan to buy K4E in the future when I can, just the limit on coalitions in general are a pain to deal with, not just in Israel scenarios

Oh, I know. They're a big impediment to any Continental European elections (which I also have planned quite a few of) - as well as that practically all of them use PR, MMP, or STV, NOT FPTP, as well. Hence why I believe K4E still maintains a lot of potential value for fan-made scenarios at this point.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:12 PM, Ido said:

I believe you can set more than 1 party to be in a coalition in the Editor. Technically, these are 2 separate coalitions (in the case of 3 parties), but they should daisy-chain together for seat counts. Please let me know if this doesn't work.

Yeah that part works @admin_270 but I mean in the offers screen when negotiations come, I really wish I could use coalition instead of Confidence and Supply because it'll represent Israel better imo, like giving Deputy Spots to people and whatnot, I can't get a coalition of more than 2 parties in the offers screen

1 hour ago, Ido said:

Yeah that part works @admin_270 but I mean in the offers screen when negotiations come, I really wish I could use coalition instead of Confidence and Supply because it'll represent Israel better imo, like giving Deputy Spots to people and whatnot, I can't get a coalition of more than 2 parties in the offers screen

And MMP, PR, and STV would be nice, @admin_270, because, as I've said many times, the literal great majority of free-and-and-fair, contested, multi-candidate legislative elections that happen in the world are NOT FPTP.