Jump to content
270soft Forum
Rodja

Bernie Sanders 2020

Whats your opinion of Bernie Sanders?  

34 members have voted

  1. 1. Opinion of Bernie Sanders

    • I love him
    • I like him
    • I moderately like him
    • I moderately dislike him
    • I dislike him
    • I hate him(I HAVE NO SOUL!!!)


Recommended Posts

ITS OFFICIAL!GOD HAS JOINED THE RACE!

Bernie Sanders,Indenpendent Senator from Vermont have decided to continue the political revolution he began in 2016 and run for President in 2020.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie's got his problems (I'm not a fan of Social-Democracy, but I hate neoliberalism much more)  but he's way better than the rest of either party.

Also he seems to be the only person in Washington that understands how automation can be used to help the working class, rather than leave more people destitute, and therefore unable to purchase the goods that the capitalists use the robots to produce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like progressist's axis of Sanders on society

I disagree with him on economy

However at least he's not praising every left dictatorship in the world unlike some left politicians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Edouard said:

I disagree with him on economy

Same, but I think you and me would disagree more with each other than we disagree with Sanders ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WVProgressive said:

Same, but I think you and me would disagree more with each other than we disagree with Sanders ;).

Hahahahahhaa, you mean that you're more left than him on economy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Edouard said:

Hahahahahhaa, you mean that you're more left than him on economy?

What can I say, Mother Anarchy Loves Her Sons :P.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WVProgressive said:

What can I say, Mother Anarchy Loves Her Sons :P.

 

 

😁

It's ideologically coherent at least, this is the most important for me

That piss me off is two kind of people we can meet in the left

-People who are conservative but left because they love public spendings and this is the only reason why they're left

-People who are left but who praise left dictatorships accross the world and who give lessons of democracy afterwards

Even if you would be anarchist and for a free society in a left anarchist way it's coherent so I would not be disturbed by that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Hahahahahhaa, you mean that you're more left than him on economy?

But to give a serious answer to your question, yes I'm an Anarcho-Communist,  thought it was obvious given that I have Peter Kropotkin in my profile picture .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is important for me to note here that I dislike the politician Bernie Sanders but not the person. In my opinion I can disagree with someone politically but I would not dislike or even hate a person with whom I do not have a real argument.

In fact Sanders seems way more likeable for me than most Democrats, but not as a politician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully, Bernie Sanders will prevail against Trump and change the direction of the free world.

It's time, to stop the nationalist and fascist wave that sweeps the globe and start major reforms and reconstructions in order to strengthen democracies and improve the life of the citizens.

It's time to reverse the privatisation and tax reduction processes in the western world that have been propelled by wealthy tycoons. The government needs to be involved in the economy in order to ensure that Mega-corps don't use their power to mend the economy and countries' legislation in a way that only benefits them and hurts the public.

It's time for governments to care about the citizen and his quality of life. They need to increase health care funding (and in the case of the United States, enact a universal health care system, which is elementary in almost every European country), they need to build high quality public transportation systems in order to increase productivity and they need to focus a lot of attention and funding on education (while making sure everyone gets an equal opportunity), in order to ensure that the citizens of tomorrow will have the skills and knowledge to build their future and support themselves.

I think that if Bernie Sanders manages to secure the United States' presidency, which has long been opposed to socialist and progressive ideas, it will send waves all over the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gladius Aeneus said:

Hopefully, Bernie Sanders will prevail against Trump and change the direction of the free world.

It's time, to stop the nationalist and fascist wave that sweeps the globe and start major reforms and reconstructions in order to strengthen democracies and improve the life of the citizens.

It's time to reverse the privatisation and tax reduction processes in the western world that have been propelled by wealthy tycoons. The government needs to be involved in the economy in order to ensure that Mega-corps don't use their power to mend the economy and countries' legislation in a way that only benefits them and hurts the public.

It's time for governments to care about the citizen and his quality of life. They need to increase health care funding (and in the case of the United States, enact a universal health care system, which is elementary in almost every European country), they need to build high quality public transportation systems in order to increase productivity and they need to focus a lot of attention and funding on education (while making sure everyone gets an equal opportunity), in order to ensure that the citizens of tomorrow will have the skills and knowledge to build their future and support themselves.

I think that if Bernie Sanders manages to secure the United States' presidency, which has long been opposed to socialist and progressive ideas, it will send waves all over the world.

Such a beautiful vision. It's so unfortunate, however, that so many Americans, even many dirt poor, working class ones who'd IMMENSELY benefit from such an ideal, seem firmly convinced, deceived, and - for a lack of a more flattering term - brainwashed to view such platforms as automatically tantamount to "evil" and a "path to national slavery" (not realizing that's effectively what the big international corporations have in mind, themselves, in truth, it seems) and that such things are "un-American" (a Fascistic-thinking term itself) and must always be eschewed for proper policies that lead to "American exceptionalism, opportunity, and liberty" (read, victory of the plutocratic oligarchy). This deep-rooted, in many people, virtually unshakable, and successful propaganda, where millions of Americans who are far from rich will still vote against their own best interests to prop a corrupt system that serves them FAR less than it does the rich, shows a definite influence from the style of mass-persuasion (even if no one would EVER admit it) of Joseph Goebbels - but his influence can be seem in the propaganda mills of most modern nations - EVEN Israel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dislike him due to me hating commies, but I do respect him more than 90% of politicians due to his grassroots campaign and believing what he's saying. Wish he wasn't such a hypocrite though (buying three different houses while shitting on rich people not contributing to the economy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Patine said:

Such a beautiful vision. It's so unfortunate, however, that so many Americans, even many dirt poor, working class ones who'd IMMENSELY benefit from such an ideal, seem firmly convinced, deceived, and - for a lack of a more flattering term - brainwashed to view such platforms as automatically tantamount to "evil" and a "path to national slavery" (not realizing that's effectively what the big international corporations have in mind, themselves, in truth, it seems) and that such things are "un-American" (a Fascistic-thinking term itself) and must always be eschewed for proper policies that lead to "American exceptionalism, opportunity, and liberty" (read, victory of the plutocratic oligarchy). This deep-rooted, in many people, virtually unshakable, and successful propaganda, where millions of Americans who are far from rich will still vote against their own best interests to prop a corrupt system that serves them FAR less than it does the rich, shows a definite influence from the style of mass-persuasion (even if no one would EVER admit it) of Joseph Goebbels - but his influence can be seem in the propaganda mills of most modern nations - EVEN Israel.

It's sad for me to admit, but I couldn't agree more!

The problem, as you mentioned, is the endless nationalist propaganda that the corrupting forces managed to establish. Ever since the rise of Stalin (which wasn't a true socialist) they used the "Red Scare" tactic, in order to silence their critics and managed to amend democracies to their benefit.

Initially, they were mostly successful in the United States. Initially, it seemed as if European countries managed to escape their influence, since there were still strong socialist voices.

However, their dominance over such a prominent country on the global stage spread like cancer. After some amount of time, despite social policies that benefited the public, the nationalist forces began to overwhelm the rest of the democracies. With tensions rising with the eastern block, they managed to convince the public that socialism\left is as you said, 'evil', and the conservative\nationalist parties, finally in power,  were able to make the changes the wealthy companies needed in order to profit even more, many times, over the public's and local, smaller, companies', back. 

As time progresses, labour parties all across Europe slowly diminish, and today, in many countries being 'Leftist' has become a swearword. Tony Blair and his alike proved that. They became "Centre" parties in order to appeal to people which stopped believing that there is a possibility that socialist policies actually work.

What I wish, is that Bernie Sanders will finally shake that oligarchical order. If he wins, I wish that it will ignite a socialist fire. I wish that people will start supporting socialism and realise it's not a swearword. I wish that socialist and progressive policies will become prominent and relevant again, and that we will finally be able to enjoy the prosperity they offer.

Call me an optimist, but I believe that eventually, it will be inevitable and people will demand change. I just hope it will be a productive one and not a destructive one. I hope it will be a demand for equality and freedom and not a demand for totalitarianism and war... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This campain can give anything

Personnaly I think that Biden Sanders or Kamala will be the next democratic nominee.

Kamala is propped up both by progressists and the "establishment" and a lot of Dems could see in her the next first female president of the US after Clinton.

Biden can win due to his statute of former VP.

Sanders has enough grassroots and a campain in more than Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would personnaly vote and even politically be a footsolider of O Rourke if he would candidate, he's definitively my kind of Democrat but I think it's not his time yet.

I hope he will be on the VP ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Bernie Sanders sincerely believes the things that he says, which is more than I can say for a lot of other politicians.

But “I” don’t believe a lot of the things he says.

He’s well intentioned — but he’s promising new things that he can’t deliver on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I believe Bernie Sanders sincerely believes the things that he says, which is more than I can say for a lot of other politicians.

But “I” don’t believe a lot of the things he says.

He’s well intentioned — but he’s promising new things that he can’t deliver on.

I actually disagree. The United States, as the wealthiest nation on Earth, is far more capable of fulfilling his platform than many others. That immense wealth is, however, due to mismanagement, corruption, and outdated priorities, in largely all the wrong places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Sanders and how he's reigniting the "old-school labor style" politics back into the party. However I'm still unsure if he could win 2020. It's easy to come in second in essentially a 2way race; but now there's a dozen so candidates in the field(many adopting his ideas). Even today I'm still unsure how many voted for Sanders cause they loved his policies, or cause he 'wasnt Clinton'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patine said:

I actually disagree. The United States, as the wealthiest nation on Earth, is far more capable of fulfilling his platform than many others. That immense wealth is, however, due to mismanagement, corruption, and outdated priorities, in largely all the wrong places.

US DEBT CLOCK (GONE WRONG) *NOT CLICKBAIT*

DeepFryer_20190219_220240.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

 

DeepFryer_20190219_220240.jpg

Like I said, it's long suffered from mismanagement, corruption, and outdated priorities. But he wealth is definitely there if people of sense and rationality who actually care about the people and nation THEMSELVES are put firmly at the helm, things can easily be made to balance out nicely and cleanly - and amazingly so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Like I said, it's long suffered from mismanagement, corruption, and outdated priorities. But he wealth is definitely there if people of sense and rationality who actually care about the people and nation THEMSELVES are put firmly at the helm, things can easily be made to balance out nicely and cleanly - and amazingly so.

Oh yeah, I definitely agree with your sentiment on corruption and mismanagement my brother, but I just wanted to make a dank meme to help prove your (or, as comrades, *our*) point. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Patine said:

I actually disagree. The United States, as the wealthiest nation on Earth, is far more capable of fulfilling his platform than many others. That immense wealth is, however, due to mismanagement, corruption, and outdated priorities, in largely all the wrong places.

I didn’t mean that we can’t afford it.  I meant that we don’t have the votes in Congress and that Sanders, though well intentioned, won’t be able to persuade them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

I didn’t mean that we can’t afford it.  I meant that we don’t have the votes in Congress and that Sanders, though well intentioned, won’t be able to persuade them.

That's because most members of Congress are in the pockets of big corporations and powerful lobby groups, and ignore their oaths of office and don't give a damn, in truth, about the well-being of their constituents, and should be tried and jailed for corruption and graft rather than be tolerated remaining in power...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patine said:

That's because most members of Congress are in the pockets of big corporations and powerful lobby groups, and ignore their oaths of office and don't give a damn, in truth, about the well-being of their constituents, and should be tried and jailed for corruption and graft rather than be tolerated remaining in power...

Sure.  But given that reality, I circle back to my position of not believing that Sanders  can get the votes to turn his plans into reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...