270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  

2020 Sim

I ran a generic sim last night with the newest file.  My first crack at a 2020 game.  California held 550 delegates.  Nearly 400 more than Texas for the dems.  Is this accurate?

3 hours ago, HonestAbe said:

I ran a generic sim last night with the newest file.  My first crack at a 2020 game.  California held 550 delegates.  Nearly 400 more than Texas for the dems.  Is this accurate?

Is this my game? Is this for Democrats or Republicans?

In 2016 California had 300 more delegates than Texas. Remember this is not based on population but party registration. Texas is a big state but unlike California it's not Democratic dominated. That's why New York had more than Texas despite the smaller population.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Is this my game? Is this for Democrats or Republicans?

Yes , Dems.  California alone had about 1/3 of the needed delegates to win.  I was trying to see if that was accurate.  

In my Sim Harris hadn’t won a state prior to California, and won only that state and took the lead, and never looked back.  

26 minutes ago, HonestAbe said:

Yes , Dems.  California alone had about 1/3 of the needed delegates to win.  I was trying to see if that was accurate.  

In my Sim Harris hadn’t won a state prior to California, and won only that state and took the lead, and never looked back.  

That's actually accurate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries

Thanks. Assumed you were right, just amazed.  But thinking it over Cali makes up 10% of America, it leans heavy Dem so it’s probably not a stretch to have it be worth 1/7.5 of Dem delegates.