270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

Premier Forever: British Columbia Announced

Hi guys, 80soft is set to release Premier Forever: British Columbia early this year.

Will Gordon Campbell be able to lead the Liberal party to another victory, or will 2005 herald the return to power of the NDP after their disasterous 2001 campaign? Will the Green party establish itself as a long-term major presence on the provincial scene? Find out in Premier Forever: British Columbia, coming early 2005!

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Oh baby! A new game and it's all about my home! :D

Will it be released before the BC Election?

Also, will this be something we can download for free, or do we have to buy it?

Does this mean that they might make a version in the future that's compatible with STV, since BC is currently considering introducing it?

Hi Sven,

If STV is passed in BC's referendum, then yes, it's possible it will be part of a 2009 scenario. That feature probably wouldn't be added until 2009, however, if it did pass.

Appel4PM: Yes, the game should be released before the BC election.

HRC: Currently, only Premier Forever: British Columbia is planned. Other official provincial scenarios may follow after that, however.

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Its obvious that the Liberals, NDP, and Greens will be in the game, but what will the fourth party be?

I know its a close fourth between the Reform Party, Conservatives, and Marijuana Party in different ridings.

Hopefully the Unity Party.  I liked the Onatrio scenario but I wish the family action coalition was in it so I could play with a right-wing party.  :(

Ahem...I'd think Gordon Campbell would be right up your alley, HRC(Pun intended). :P

Another small thing, will this mean that you can change the title of the position you're running for? I assume that, like the two instalments of PM4E, this will be compatible with those ones and will include those scenarios, in which case they would have to change it so you can pick if you're running for Premier or Prime Minister.

Actually, I have to wonder...might there be more than four parties in this version? I only ask because there are supposed to be additional parties available in both the British version of PM4E and in the Primaries of P4E.

So that makes the NDP, what, the Natural Law Party? :lol:

"Meditate while you levitate!"

The BC NDP is a standard provincial NDP section. But the BC Liberal has, if I remember correctly, been taken over by former SoCreds and other conservatives, so that more people in BC think it is like the CPC than the LPC than the opposite.

The thing is the Liberal are basical everthing to the right of the NDP so the have everone of middle of the road Liberals to some people Like HRC and Balance is hard I think Cambell did Ok not great but OK he made the hard cuts and Poltical Anystill I have hear say he all great another Majority goverment (no break though for the greens and many people still do not trust the NDP) thank full the NDP is talk about move in the big whole in the centre left by Cambell

They're going to loose a lot of seats. All of the recent polls show the NDP and Liberal running neck and neck. This is quite the feat considering 1) the NDP where crushed in the last election, 2) everyone was predicting the Liberals would establish a dynasty, 3) the Liberals via a government add campaign (something they said they wouldn't do btw <_<) have continuously told British Columbians how well we are doing yet the polls show a tie, with Campbell's continuing (very) high disapproval rating.

I don't know that the BC NDP will win the next election, but it is realistically possible. Considering that the Liberals are the incumbents and they will continuously remind us of the *cue cheesy loud voice* 'decade of decline' they have the advantage, but I'd guess it will be close the winner will get about 45 seats and the looser the other 34.

Oh yeah the Greens won't win any seats, and I doubt any of the independents will win re-election. The Green vote is too spread out and the Independents are independents, and not particularly well known. One of them has decided to join the Democratic Reform Party of BC aka 'DR. BC'.

Maybe that could be the fourth party in Premier Forever BC. They're supposed to be a centrist party. But other than the environment the Greens are trying to be the centrists too so it could be interesting.

VICTORIA (CP) -- The former Liberal MLA for Surrey-Whalley, Elayne Brenzinger, has given up her independent status to sign on to British Columbia's newest political party.

She quit the B.C. Liberal party in a well publicized tiff with Premier Gordon Campbell.

Now Brenzinger has joined the fledgling party called Democratic Reform B.C., a coalition of fringe parties seeking middle ground behind Victoria lawyer Tom Morino.

continued at link

British Columbia has been, since the 80's and the collapse of the BC Socreds, a two-party system composed of the BCNDP and the BC Liberals. Niether the BCNDP nor the BC Liberals are much like their federal counterparts. Actually, the BC Liberals are wholly unaffliated with the Liberal Party of Canada.

The BCNDP represent the centre-left and hard left.

The BCLP represent the centre-right and hard-right.

There is no centrist party, as certain elements of the BCNDP and BCLP represent the centre.

Since both parties are, on certain levels, alike, it's easy to switch between the two, which is why the BC political scene goes like a pendulum.

The main difference in the BC political dynamic, however, is one key issue:

Both parties HATE each other.

Unlike on the federal scene, where all parties will co-exist in many regards and find common ground, the BCLP and the BCNDP physically despise each other and exist only to bash the other. Their members do not associate even outside of the BC Legislature, and being a member of one party will create hostilities with the other.

Case in point, I was punched in the face by a guy in a mall once for wearing a BCNDP button. The guy told me that he was a Campbell supporter and that the BCNDP are trash.

Due to this major hostility, the BC political scene is very interesting, to say the least.

But anyway, I'm confident that the BCNDP will come back to government in May. Even though they were swept from office in 2001, BC operates like a pendulum, as I said, and it's not unlikely that the BC Liberals will be swept from office in 2005 in the same way.

Its obvious that the Liberals, NDP, and Greens will be in the game, but what will the fourth party be?

I know its a close fourth between the Reform Party, Conservatives, and Marijuana Party in different ridings.

What about DRBC Party? I mean they have a MLA an all...