270soft Forum

Hey guys so I want to do a 2000 election Rp. Day by day I want to do it and use the game to determine everything. What I will do as a Mod is be the one who plugs it into the game. You guys will be the ones who do it. 

I will post the list of available candidates (as we are limited by the scenario).

I will also post a list of endorsers and whom each candidate already has. 

I have officially won this scenario with every GOP Candidate once and with 7 of the democratic candidates so it is anybodys ballgame. 

As Energy and Stamina is different for each candidate I will post how many events each candidate gets based of that, but to add realism, you may not campaign halfway across the country and then back in the same day...so TX, PA, and CA all in the same day are out for actually doing events, you can however hold fundraisers there all in the same day as they dont last as long as events. You could do Kansas and Missouri in the same day tho.....just be realistic

Each candidate will also direct me as to whether to create an ad, and what type, and you have to do fundraising. I will list candidates with starting cash and starting endorsements. 

For fun I added some endorsers. 

@Reagan04

@Patine

@TheMiddlePolitical

@michaelsdiamonds

@CalebsParadox

@TheLiberalKitten

@Conservative Elector 2

@LegolasRedbard

@vcczar

@WVProgressive

Tag anyone I left out. 

9 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Hey guys so I want to do a 2000 election Rp. Day by day I want to do it and use the game to determine everything. What I will do as a Mod is be the one who plugs it into the game. You guys will be the ones who do it. 

I will post the list of available candidates (as we are limited by the scenario).

I have officially won this scenario with every GOP Candidate once and with 7 of the democratic candidates so it is anybodys ballgame. 

As Energy and Stamina is different for each candidate I will post how many events each candidate gets based of that, but to add realism, you may not campaign halfway across the country and then back in the same day...so TX, PA, and CA all in the same day are out for actually doing events, you can however hold fundraisers there all in the same day as they dont last as long as events. You could do Kansas and Missouri in the same day tho.....just be realistic

Each candidate will also direct me as to whether to create an ad, and what type, and you have to do fundraising. I will list candidates with starting cash and starting endorsements. 

@Reagan04

@Patine

@TheMiddlePolitical

@michaelsdiamonds

@CalebsParadox

@TheLiberalKitten

@Conservative Elector 2

@LegolasRedbard

@vcczar

@WVProgressive

Tag anyone I left out. 

I must decline, unfortunately. Thanks for asking.

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

I must decline, unfortunately. Thanks for asking.

I like the idea, but I don't have the time, what with being a professor, updating scenarios, running my own RP (board game), and my dozen or so non-270Soft-related projects. 

21 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

@Reagan04

@Patine

@TheMiddlePolitical

@michaelsdiamonds

@CalebsParadox

@TheLiberalKitten

@Conservative Elector 2

@LegolasRedbard

@vcczar

@WVProgressive

Tag anyone I left out. 

Is this @vcczar's scenario? If so I assume Hulk Hogan's off the table :P.

7 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I remember when he announced his presidency. 2000 was the first year I could vote. I remember I would regularly check his campaign website. I knew very little about contemporary politics as a teenager, so Hulk Hogan was a viable option for me then. I think he might have suspended his campaign before election day because I didn't vote for him. 

13 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

I got it. Hope you will watch and comentate lol

I'll probably check in. I usually look at the RP's even if I don't comment and don't read most of the comments. 

13 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Hulkamania is on the table Brotha! It is Vczars scenario. 

4 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Hulkamania is on the table Brotha! It is Vczars scenario. 

Give me Representative Bernard Sanders.

Democratic Candidates for starting Surrogates ask. 

Name.             Starting Cash.   

Al Gore.               25M.       

Bill Bradley.         8.5M

Lyndon LaRouche.   1M

John Kerry.            12M

Howard Dean.        14.4 M

Bob Kerrey.             12M

Richard Gephardt.  5.8M

Paul Wellstone.      5M

Jesse Jackson.     450k

Joe Biden.                5M

Gary Hart.                3.5M

Dennis Kucinich.    300K

Ted Kennedy.   15M

Bernie Sanders.   500k

Hillary Clinton 18.5 M

Republicans

George W Bush.        35M

John McCain.            12M

Alan Keyes.                  3.5M

Steve Forbes.             250M (self funded)

Gary Bauer.                    5M

Orrin Hatch.                   5M

Colin Powell.                 15M

Lamar Alexander.           5M

Elizabeth Dole.                5M

John Kasich.                  5M

Dan Quayle.                   23M

Bob Smith.                     500k

Herman Cain.                    5M

Ron Paul.                           5M

George Pataki.                 25M

Mitt Romney.                    15M

Christine Todd Whitman.    4M

Newt Gingrich.                   15M

Reform Party (will hold primary)

Donald J Trump.      50M

Pat Buchanon.          2.5M

John Hagelin.             1M

Ross Perot.               35M

1 minute ago, jdm06ltd said:

Please Candidate Sanders Announce your Candidacy then @WVProgressive

OOC:Alright

Rep. Bernie Sanders announces his run for the presidency as a Democrat.

"In America today, we are facing a coming crisis. A crisis of an unsustainable economic system, where working people are alienated from their labor, and the wealthy wield a massive influence on our democracy to elect right-wing candidates, that defend their interests. The reality, for most Americans, is that they are working longer hours, for lower wages, and their income when adjusted for inflation, is getting lower, while the cost of living continues to go up. Where the rich continue to horde wealth that they did not toil for. This system is unsustainable not only in the long term, but immoral. Real unemployment is just under 8%, we need to create millions of jobs, and the best way to do that is through revitalizing our infrastructure through public works programs. We need real tax reform that says to the wealth and the corporations, you are going to have to start paying your fair share in taxes. We must also correct our course from the deafening silence on civil rights, such as Don't Ask, Don't Tell, and The Defence Of Marriage Act, and I will fight, as I have in the past, for the rights of lgbt people, people of color, and anyone cast out of our winner take all economy. I pledge, as I've done in my entire political career, to never run a negative advertisement, I hate and detest these 30 second ugly negative ads, and will keep this campaign focused about the actual issues facing working American."

15 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

OOC:Alright

Rep. Bernie Sanders announces his run for the presidency as a Democrat.

"In America today, we are facing a coming crisis. A crisis of an unsustainable economic system, where working people are alienated from their labor, and the wealthy wield a massive influence on our democracy to elect right-wing candidates, that defend their interests. The reality, for most Americans, is that they are working longer hours, for lower wages, and their income when adjusted for inflation, is getting lower, while the cost of living continues to go up. Where the rich continue to horde wealth that they did not toil for. This system is unsustainable not only in the long term, but immoral. Real unemployment is just under 8%, we need to create millions of jobs, and the best way to do that is through revitalizing our infrastructure through public works programs. We need real tax reform that says to the wealth and the corporations, you are going to have to start paying your fair share in taxes. We must also correct our course from the deafening silence on civil rights, such as Don't Ask, Don't Tell, and The Defence Of Marriage Act, and I will fight, as I have in the past, for the rights of lgbt people, people of color, and anyone cast out of our winner take all economy. I pledge, as I've done in my entire political career, to never run a negative advertisement, I hate and detest these 30 second ugly negative ads, and will keep this campaign focused about the actual issues facing working American."

Just as loopy as the real Bernie nice job. 

What do you want Your theme to be?

15 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

What do you want Your theme to be?

Role of Government

Integrity

and Free Trade