270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

2020 Board Game Idea

59 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Pre-Primaries

Initial Frontrunners:

Trump and Biden are the default initial frontrunners. As such, they will get a +1 boost to any demographic of their choosing in Iowa or New Hampshire primary. 

Pre-Primary Debates:

Each candidate my select one other candidate of the same party to attack during the debate. First, select the opponent, and then state which demographic support you wish to attack. For instance, here is what I'll do:

Beto O'Rourke attacks Joe Biden on Loyalists. 

Mitt Romney attacks Donald Trump on Moderates.

Once every has stated who they will attack, then I will let you all know the results of the debate. 

Kirsten Gillibrand attacks Bernie Sanders on Black Voters

John Kasich attacks Donald Trump on Old Guard.

1 minute ago, CalebsParadox said:

Is it too late to join? I'd like to claim Castro and Rubio. 

I need a gmail account from you to share the google doc. 

1 hour ago, CalebsParadox said:

calebsparadox@gmail.com

K sent 

I think what we will do is this. Each day I'll go forward in the election. If anyone doesn't act, then I'll act for them in the most logical way possible. This way we don't have to worry about anyone that is dragging their feet. 

Biden attacks O'Rourke on Party Loyalists

Cruz attacks Trump on Christian Conservatives

Democrat Pre-Primary Debate results:

• Biden -1/1/2/2= 4 (attack on O'Rourke fails; Biden gains a point in Iowa and remains the frontrunner (keeps the extra frontrunner point in Iowa) ***DEBATE WINNER***
  • Gillibrand 2 (attack on Sanders successful; Sanders loses point in Iowa)
  • Klobuchar -2/2= 0 (attack on Biden fails)
  • Castro 0 (attack on Biden is countered)
  • O'Rourke -1 (attack on Biden backfires; O'Rourke loses point in Iowa)
  • Gabbard -2 (attack on Klobuchar failed)
  • Sanders -2/-2= -4 (attack on Biden backfires;  Sanders loses three points in Iowa, one for the backfire, one for the flop, one for the Gillibrand attack) ***DEBATE FLOP***

Republican Pre-Primary Debate results:

• Trump 0/-1/1/3/5 = 8 (attack on Romney countered; Trump keeps the extra frontrunner point in Iowa) ***DEBATE WINNER***
  • Romney 1 (attack on Trump mildly successful)
  • Paul 0 (strong attack on Trump countered)
  • Flake 0 (attack on Trump countered)
  • Rubio -1 (attack on Trump fails)
  • Cruz -3 (attack on Trump fails)
  • Kasich -5 (attack on Trump backfires tremendously; Kasich would permanently lose a a point on MAGA and Trump would gain on MAGA, but they are capped out; Kasich loses 1 point in Iowa for debate flop) ***DEBATE FLOP***

Up Next Will Be The Endorsement Primaries (more later)

@CalebsParadox @Reagan04 @lok1999 @ThePotatoWalrus @Rodja @vcczar @Hestia11

Pre-Primaries: Endorsement Primaries

• Party Loyalist endorsers endorse Biden over O'Rourke, and Klobuchar. Biden gets 1 point for IA and NH. Biden now had 3 pts for IA and 1 pt for NH, including the point for being the frontrunner.
  • The Left endorsers endorse Sanders without question. Sanders decreases his lost points in IA to 2 lost points and now has 1 pt for NH. 
  • Millennial endorsers endorse Sanders over O'Rourke. Sanders decreases his lost point in IA to 1 lost point and now has 2 pts for NH.
  • Black Voter endorsers endorse Biden without question. Biden now has a total of 4 pts for IA and 2 pts for NH.
  • Hispanic-Asian endorsers endorse Gabbard over Castro and O'Rourke. Gabbard now has 1 pt for IA and 1 pt for NH. 
  • Biden keeps his frontrunner status since no one had more endorsements than he did. 
  • O'Rourke, who didn't win any endorsements, still has a 1 pt lost in IA.
  • Moderate endorsers endorse Kasich over Romney. Kasich erases the lost pt in Iowa from his debate flop and gains 1 pt in NH.
  • Old Guard endorses Rubio over Romney, Kasich, and Flake. Rubio gains 1 pt in IA and NH.
  • Conservative Christians endorse Cruz over Trump. Cruz gains 1 pt in IA and NH. 
  • Libertarian endorsers endorse Paul without question. Paul gains 1 pt in IA and NH.
  • MAGA endorsers endorse Trump without question. Trump now has 2 pts in IA and 1 pt in NH, which includes his frontrunner point. 
  • Trump keeps his frontrunner status since no one had more endorsements than he did. 

Phase I: Iowa

30%

20%

20%

10%

10%

Iowa-D

50 Delegates

Left

Loyalists

Millennials

Hispanics-Asians

Blacks

Iowa-R

30 Delegates

Christian

MAGA

Libertarian

Old Guard

Moderate

How to campaign in Iowa:

1. Check the Endorsement Primary results in Bold. If you have points gained or points lost for Iowa.
  2. Then see the Google Doc to see your candidates' base support for these categories. 
  3. Then apply them to one of the Demographics listed in this box. If your candidate's demographic strength cannot exceed 5 points or go below 1 point. Thus, Trump cannot place points in MAGA and Biden can't place points in Loyalists. 

For my moves, I do the following:

O'Rourke will subtract a point from Black Voters in Iowa (has only 1 support in this demographic in IA)

Romney has no points for IA, so I don't have to do anything. 

Iowa Primary will be processed after you all apply your points. I will act for anyone that doesn't act by tomorrow morning:

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

• Party Loyalist endorsers endorse Biden over Harris, O'Rourke, and Klobuchar. Biden gets 1 point for IA and NH. Biden now had 3 pts for IA and 1 pt for NH, including the point for being the frontrunner.
  • The Left endorsers endorse Sanders without question. Sanders decreases his lost points in IA to 2 lost points and now has 1 pt for NH. 
  • Millennial endorsers endorse Sanders over O'Rourke. Sanders decreases his lost point in IA to 1 lost point and now has 2 pts for NH.
  • Black Voter endorsers endorse Biden without question. Biden now has a total of 4 pts for IA and 2 pts for NH.
  • Hispanic-Asian endorsers endorse Gabbard over Castro and O'Rourke. Gabbard now has 1 pt for IA and 1 pt for NH. 
  • Biden keeps his frontrunner status since no one had more endorsements than he did. 
  • Moderate endorsers endorse Kasich over Romney. Kasich erases the lost pt in Iowa from his debate flop and gains 1 pt in NH.
  • Old Guard endorses Rubio over Romney, Kasich, and Flake. Rubio gains 1 pt in IA and NH.
  • Conservative Christians endorse Cruz over Trump. Cruz gains 1 pt in IA and NH. 
  • Libertarian endorsers endorse Paul without question. Paul gains 1 pt in IA and NH.
  • MAGA endorsers endorse Trump without question. Trump now has 2 pts in IA and 1 pt in NH, which includes his frontrunner point. 
  • Trump keeps his frontrunner status since no one had more endorsements than he did. 

30%

20%

20%

10%

10%

Iowa-D

50 Delegates

Left

Loyalists

Millennials

Hispanics-Asians

Blacks

Iowa-R

30 Delegates

Christian

MAGA

Libertarian

Old Guard

Moderate

How to campaign in Iowa:

1. Check the Endorsement Primary results in Bold. If you have points gained or points lost for Iowa.
  2. Then see the Google Doc to see your candidates' base support for these categories. 
  3. Then apply them to one of the Demographics listed in this box. If your candidate's demographic strength cannot exceed 5 points or go below 1 point. Thus, Trump cannot place points in MAGA and Biden can't place points in Loyalists. 

O'Rourke will subtract a point from Black Voters in Iowa (has only 1 support in this demographic in IA)

Iowa Primary will be processed after you all apply your points. I will act for anyone that doesn't act by tomorrow morning:

Gillibrand didn't gain or lose anything so nothing there to do.

Kasich gained one point in New Hampshire so do I do something or wait? Wait, I assume.

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Gillibrand didn't gain or lose anything so nothing there to do.

Kasich gained one point in New Hampshire so do I do something or wait? Wait, I assume.

Yeah, you wait until NH. 

31 minutes ago, vcczar said:

• Party Loyalist endorsers endorse Biden over Harris, O'Rourke, and Klobuchar. Biden gets 1 point for IA and NH. Biden now had 3 pts for IA and 1 pt for NH, including the point for being the frontrunner.

30%

20%

20%

10%

10%

Iowa-D

50 Delegates

Left

Loyalists

Millennials

Hispanics-Asians

Blacks

Iowa-R

30 Delegates

Christian

MAGA

Libertarian

Old Guard

Moderate

How to campaign in Iowa:

Biden hits the Left and Millennial circuits hard, he deposits 3 points in the Left and 1 point in the Millennials.

Cruz places his point in the Libertarian column. (I really think Cruz should start with a 4 in either MAGA or Libertarian, probably Libertarian.)

57 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Trump campaigns for Christian and MAGA voters

Trump is already capped out with MAGA voters. You can't exceed 5 in category. Check the google doc that I emailed to you. Add Trump's 2 Iowa points to areas where he isn't a 5. I think he's a 4 on Christians, so he can only give 1 point there. The other has to go to Moderates, Old Guard, or Libertarians. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Trump is already capped out with MAGA voters. You can't exceed 5 in category. Check the google doc that I emailed to you. Add Trump's 2 Iowa points to areas where he isn't a 5. I think he's a 4 on Christians, so he can only give 1 point there. The other has to go to Moderates, Old Guard, or Libertarians. 

Libertarians then lol

@vcczar Also, you mentioned Harris in your Pre-Primaries post, I don't believe Harris is running in our game.

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar Also, you mentioned Harris in your Pre-Primaries post, I don't believe Harris is running in our game.

Thanks. Not sure how I made that mistake. 

30 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thanks. Not sure how I made that mistake. 

You made your post at approximately 3 PM, which was only 5 hours after Sen. Harris announced her candidacy IRL, perhaps she was simply on your mind, maybe you had been reading 538's article on her candidacy shortly before posting? Or simply thinking about her as a candidate perhaps?

20 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

You made your post at approximately 3 PM, which was only 5 hours after Sen. Harris announced her candidacy IRL, perhaps she was simply on your mind, maybe you had been reading 538's article on her candidacy shortly before posting? Or simply thinking about her as a candidate perhaps?

You know, you are mostly right. I was updating my 2020 Scenario to include Harris while working on this "board game." 

9 hours ago, Reagan04 said:
10 hours ago, vcczar said:

30%

20%

20%

10%

10%

Iowa-D

50 Delegates

Left

Loyalists

Millennials

Hispanics-Asians

Blacks

Iowa-R

30 Delegates

Christian

MAGA

Libertarian

Old Guard

Moderate

How to campaign in Iowa:

Bernie campaigns for Left and Black votes

Rand Paul  campaigns for Moderate and Old Guard votes

26 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Bernie campaigns for Left and Black votes

Rand Paul  campaigns for Moderate and Old Guard votes

I think you misread the instructions. 

Rand Paul only has 1 pt to campaign for a demographic in Iowa. 

Sanders has one lost point in Iowa and you must pick a demographics to lose a point. This demographic can't already be a base strength of 1 for you (see Google Doc for Sanders's base strengths). 

Rand spends one on Moderate.

Bernie takes one from Millenials

Phase 1: IOWA PRIMARY!!!!

Iowa Democratic Primary:

Leftist Voters (base+enhancements+die roll)
Biden      2+3+1 = 6
Sanders 5+5 = 10
O'Rourke 2+5 = 7
Gillibrand 3+1 =4
Klobuchar 2+5 =7
Gabbard 3+4 = 7
Castro 4+3 = 7
Sanders wins this demographic so convincingly that he earns the entire 30% of the Iowa vote, which amounts to 15 delegates. 

Loyalist Voters 
Biden 5+4 = 9
Sanders 1+1 = 2
O'Rourke 4+6 = 10
Gillibrand 3+1 = 4
Klobuchar 5+4 = 9
Gabbard 1+3 = 4
Castro 3+4 = 7
O'Rourke wins the majority of the Loyalist votes--75% of them, with Biden and Klobuchar splitting 25% of them. Thus, O'Rourke get 15% of the Iowa vote and 8 delegates. Biden and Klobuchar each get 1 delegate and 2.5% of the vote. 

Millennial Voters
Biden 3+1+6=10
Sanders 4-1+5=8
O'Rourke 5+6=11
Gillibrand 3+1=4
Klobuchar 3+4=7
Gabbard 3+1+3=7
Castro 3+1=4
O'Rourke wins the Millennial vote but by only one point so Biden earns a quarter of it. O'Rourke gets 15% of the Iowa vote and 8 delegates, bringing him a total of 30% and 16 delegates at this point. Biden gets 2 delegates and 5% of the vote, giving him 3 delegates and 7.5% of the vote for Iowa so far. 

Hispanic and Asian Voters
Biden 2+3=5
Sanders 1+4=5
O'Rourke 4+6=10
Gillibrand 2+6=8
Klobuchar 3+3=6
Gabbard 4+5=9
Castro 5+3=8
O'Rourke wins this vote, but Gabbard is close enough (within one point) of earning 25% of this vote. Thus, O'Rourke gets 8% of the Iowa vote and 4 delegates. He now has 38% of the Iowa vote and 20 delegates. Gabbard gets 2% and 1 delegate. 

African-American Voters
Biden 4+5=9
Sanders 1+5=6
O'Rourke 2-1+6=7
Gillibrand 3+6=9
Klobuchar 2+2=4
Gabbard 3+1=4
Castro 3+3=6
Biden and Gillibrand split the African-American vote. They get 5% of the Iowa vote each, but Biden gets 3 delegates to Gillibrand's 2. Delegates cannot be split, and the extra delegate goes to whomever has a higher base #. Biden now has 12.5% of the vote and 6 total delegates. 

Misc Voters (10% of the vote which can be won only by those that have won a demographic)
Biden 5
Sanders 4
O'Rourke 5
Gillibrand 4
Klobuchar 1
Gabbard 1
Castro   n/a
Biden and O'Rourke split the Misc vote. Each get 5% of the Iowa vote. Biden gets 3 delegates and O'Rourke 2. The extra goes to the frontrunner since there is no base number. Biden now has 17.5% of the vote and 9 delegates. O'Rourke now has 43% of the vote and 22 delegates. 

Iowa Democratic Primary Results: 
O'Rourke 43% PV and 22 delegates 
Sanders 30% 15 delegates
Biden 17.5% 9 delegates 
Gillibrand 5% 2 delegates
Klobuchar 2.5% 1 delegate
Gabbard 2% 1 delegate
Castro 0% 0 delegates
Biden loses a point in NH since he lost a primary as a frontrunner. O'Rourke gets 2 pts in NH for winning Iowa and defeating the frontrunner. He also earns the "Challenger" moniker and gains a point in NV and SC. Castro loses 1 point in all demographic categories for NH and is encouraged to drop out. 

Iowa Republican Primary: 

Christian Voters
Trump 4+1+5=10
Romney 3+5=8
Kasich 2+6=8
Cruz 5+4=9
Flake 2+1=3
Rubio 3+3=6
Paul 3+3=6
Trump's campaigning to Christian voters worked. He secured more of the Christian vote than does Cruz. Trump will earn 75% of this demographic to Cruz's 25%, since Cruz lost only by 1 point. Trump gets 7 delegates and 22.5% of the Iowa vote. Cruz gets 2 delegates and 7.5% of the Iowa vote. 

MAGA Voters
Trump 5+4=9
Romney 1+1=2
Kasich 1+6=7
Cruz 3+4=7
Flake 1+6=7
Rubio 2+3=5
Paul 3+5=8
Trump wins the MAGA vote, but Paul is able to clip off some of that support. Trump earns 15% of the vote and 5 delegates to Paul's 5% and 1 delegate. Trump now has 37.5% of the vote and 12 delegates. 

Libertarian Voters
Trump 2+1+4=7
Romney 2+3=5
Kasich 1+2=3
Cruz 3+1+2=6
Flake 2+5=7
Rubio 2+5=7
Paul 5+6=11
Paul wins the Libertarian vote convincingly. He earns 20% of the vote and 6 delegates. This brings his total to 25% in Iowa and 7 delegates. 

Old Guard Voters
Trump 1+5=6
Romney 5+1=6
Kasich 4+2=6
Cruz 2+3=5
Flake 4+3=7
Rubio 5+5=10
Paul 1+1=2
Rubio wins over the Old Guard convincingly. He gains 10% of the vote and 3 delegates.

Moderate Voters
Trump 3+6=9
Romney 4+2=6
Kasich 4+6=10
Cruz 1+5=6
Flake 2+1=3
Rubio 3+1+2=6
Paul 2+1+1=4
Kasich wins the moderate vote but Trump is able to clip off some of that vote. Kasich gets 8% of the vote and 2 delegates. Trump gets 2% and 1 delegate. Trump now has 39.5% and 13 delegates. 

Misc. Voters
Trump 1
Romney n/a
Kasich 6
Cruz 4
Flake n/a
Rubio 6
Paul 5
Romney and Flake failed to gain any traction so they can't win any miscellaneous voters either. Kasich and Rubio split the misc vote. Neither is a front runner so another die roll favors Rubio for the extra delegate. Rubio gets 5% of the vote and 2 delegates. Kasich gets 5% of the vote and 1 delegate. Kasich has a total of 13% of the vote now and 3 delegate. Rubio has 15% and 5 delegates. 

Iowa Republican Primary Results:
Trump 39.5% PV 13 delegates
Paul 25% 7 delegates
Rubio 15% 5 delegates
Kasich 13% 3 delegates
Cruz 7.5% 2 delegates
Romney 0% 0 delegates
Flake 0% 0 delegates
Trump keeps his frontrunner status. He also earns 1 pt for NH. Romney and Flake will lose 1 point in every demographic for NH for failing to earn a delegate in IA. They are encouraged to drop out. 

Up Next: Primary Debate (more later...Check the Google doc for the Demographic makeup in NH to plan your debate attacks. Consider who you wish to attack and where you want to attack them.)