270soft Forum
vcczar

Your News Sources

Excluding social media, what sources do you consult regularly? 

For me:

TheHill (daily) One of the last relatively neutral news sources

RealClearPolitics (daily) One of the last relatively neutral news sources (it presents articles from all over the spectrum)

CNN (daily) 

Five Thirty Eight (daily)

Huffington Post (few times a week)

Fox News (a few times a week)

Politico (a few times a week)

Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball (a few times a week)

The Economist (sometimes a few times a week)

Fivethirtyeight is it for me,I can’t stand the biases of Fox News,CNN,and MSNBC

TV:

-CNN(every morning when i wake up)

-MSNBC(every evening)

-Fox News(time after time to see what madness they came up with)

Press:

-NYT(every morning)

-Washington Post(every morning)

-Burlington Free Press(every morning)

-The Hill(every day)

-Mother Jones(every day)

-Huffington Post(every day) 

-Politico(every day)

-TYT(few times a week)

3 minutes ago, Rodja said:

TV:

-CNN(every morning when i wake up)

-MSNBC(every evening)

-Fox News(time after time to see what madness they came up with)

Press:

-NYT(every morning)

-Washington Post(every morning)

-Burlington Free Press(every morning)

-The Hill(every day)

-Mother Jones(every day)

-Huffington Post(every day) 

-Politico(every day)

-TYT(few times a week)

I forgot to add Politico. I'll do that now. 

I'd be interested in what people think are the most objective sources of news on federal U.S. politics.

I would second VCCzar's mention of TheHill.com as a relatively objective source, at least as of now.

Most objective Cable News is Fox News from 9AM-5PM in my opinion. Once Fox and Friends is over and until the Five starts, you get the most balanced coverage. from 5PM-9AM you get the famed conservative bias.

Just now, admin_270 said:

@Reagan04

Ya, it seems Fox has less right-leaning bias in the middle of the day. I find foxnews.com is similarly less right-leaning.

Correct, Fox News itself is pretty good, it's the Fox Talk Shows, Tucker, Fox and Friends, Hannity etc, that skew to the right.

TV:

• Occasionally Morning Joe. 
  • local news station to see just how long I'll be stuck in traffic/weather.
  • MsNBC during the evening
  • CNN for Jake Tapper
  • Every now and then Fox News(the evening segments, not Shep Smith) just to see where the more the right wing of the Republican Party is.

Press/Online:

• Washington Post
  • Charleston Post & Courier
  • fivethirtyeight
  • politico
  • Occasionally The State(Columbia,South Carolina's state capital) for news within the state government. 

Podcasts

• NPR on my commute to work.
  • Fivethirtyeight 
  • New York Times the Daily
  • BBC's podcasts about 1-3 times a week. Depending on my mood.
  • Stay Tuned with Preet

45 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Correct, Fox News itself is pretty good, it's the Fox Talk Shows, Tucker, Fox and Friends, Hannity etc, that skew to the right.

Yeah I feel daytime Fox, especially with Shepard Smith can been seen as fairly center-right. It's  pretty reasonable reporting but its from a center-right perspective that is no different from reading the WSJ. Much like daytime MsNBC is fairly center-left liberal during the daytime- akin to the NYTimes. 

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

Excluding social media, what sources do you consult regularly? 

For me:

TheHill (daily) One of the last relatively neutral news sources

RealClearPolitics (daily) One of the last relatively neutral news sources (it presents articles from all over the spectrum)

CNN (daily) 

Five Thirty Eight (daily)

Huffington Post (few times a week)

Fox News (a few times a week)

Politico (a few times a week)

Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball (a few times a week)

The Economist (sometimes a few times a week)

CBC Newsworld

BBC Newsword

The Edmonton Journal

Global News

The Huffington Post

Cross Referencing with many other News Sites to Balance and Check Bias (even Google Translating many, as crude as the grammar gets)

In order

CNN (main source so i can see what the idiots are up to. keep your enemies closer.)
Google News (creates a feed on my phone based on certain interests)
BEN SHAPIRO'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL WATCHING HIM ROAST LIBTARDS (epic style)
NASDAQ (investments)
ESPN (sport)
Reddit (memes)
My conspiracy theorist uncle (mostly rants about Catholics)
Foxy News (rarely. just don't like the color)
Infowars (i ironically watch it unironically)

EDIT: Added the man the myth the legend

@vcczar @admin_270 @Reagan04 @Sunnymentoaddict @ThePotatoWalrus I see no one here but me has mentioned or acknowledged acquiring new from a non-American news source at all. That's very interesting. I find foreign perspectives very enlightening, filling in a lot of interesting blanks and viewpoints, and even essential in certain stories for a complete picture (not to mention, that American news is technically a foreign nation's news to me).

1 minute ago, Patine said:

@vcczar @admin_270 @Reagan04 @Sunnymentoaddict @ThePotatoWalrus I see no one here but me has mentioned or acknowledged acquiring new from a non-American news source at all. That's very interesting. I find foreign perspectives very enlightening, filling in a lot of interesting blanks and viewpoints, and even essential in certain stories for a complete picture (not to mention, that American news is technically a foreign nation's news to me).

I've seen BBC before but not the news source

56 minutes ago, Patine said:

That is my true blind spot. I listen BBC's World News Podcast, but that's just one source. Any good recommendations? 

I mostly read CNN and the Guardian, but I look over various articles from all news sources should they pique my interest. 

1 hour ago, Patine said:

The Economist is British. I listed them. 

PewNews (just kidding)

I usually don't watch cable TV so I do not subject myself to any of the channels like CNN, Fox News

I think a lot of the articles i've read came from TheHill

i dont watch news on tv i do watch some hannity and tucker carlson since they are the only ones i like on foxs news (the only time i ever watch fox news was trump inauguration) i do watch cnn for elections results since john king is the great at that and nbc for nhl games of teams i like (blues or flyers) since doc @patine you should know who he is.

yo

4 hours ago, Rarename91 said:

i dont watch news on tv i do watch some hannity and tucker carlson since they are the only ones i like on foxs news (the only time i ever watch fox news was trump inauguration) i do watch cnn for elections results since john king is the great at that and nbc for nhl games of teams i like (blues or flyers) since doc @patine you should know who he is.

yo

Well that explains most of your posts and the utter uninformed level of them.