270soft Forum
Rodja

Don't fall for Tulsi Gabbard

32 minutes ago, Patine said:

That's not the rhetoric you've been giving lately, especially with your recent rant that abortion is "the greatest threat facing America today."

If he actually said that i'm ded

cause of death: death

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

If he actually said that i'm ded

cause of death: death

He did say that. In fact, @WVProgressive called him out on that statement too.

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

He did say that. In fact, @WVProgressive called him out on that statement too.

I thought he called it the greatest current Civil Rights issue facing us. Maybe he promoted it to the number one issue facing us since then. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I thought he called it the greatest current Civil Rights issue facing us. Maybe he promoted it to the number one issue facing us since then. 

You're correct, I do believe it's the greatest current Civil Rights Abuse/Issue facing the nation.

10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

You're correct, I do believe it's the greatest current Civil Rights Abuse/Issue facing the nation.

but what about people denying me a job with my left-handed pansgender college degreee!!!! >:(((((((( 

Just now, Reagan04 said:

If you believe that, walk around in the bad parts of major U.S. cities and see how the housing situation is, read about the corporate abuses (NOT government mismanagement) that lead to high unemployment, low wages, and little employment perspective for most Americans, and the systematic dismantling of the labour union movement through deceptively named laws and initiatives like the "right to work," to leave such employees at the further mercy and whim and their employers, learn about the vile prison-industrial complex, a blatant violation of the penal labour exemption in the 13th Amendment (believe the exemption must be to work for public infrastructure and work, not private profit) and the horrid "quota system" where prosecutors will send innocent people (usually poor young Blacks or Hispanics, or "White Trash," to long sentences by stacking the trial deck against them deliberately to fill promised numbers of slaves to slave rings profiting from slave - let's call a spade a spade here since the 13th Amendment is being violated), and the fact that poor, young defendants of crimes have the book thrown at them, even for minor offenses, but wealthy, powerful, and well-connected peoples get a slap on the wrist, or even charges dismissed, for murder, rape, embezzlement, corruption, etc. even with a mountain of evidence. And, why don't you, while you're at it, have a look at the living standards and squalor of many single mothers who don't have abortions, because the social just want to make sure the child's born, but don't give a rat's ass about the mother or child or their prospects or living standards thereafter. Those are just a few examples to challenge the crown of the greatest current Civil Rights Abuse/Issue facing the nation.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

If you believe that, walk around in the bad parts of major U.S. cities and see how the housing situation is, read about the corporate abuses (NOT government mismanagement) that lead to high unemployment, low wages, and little employment perspective for most Americans, and the systematic dismantling of the labour union movement through deceptively named laws and initiatives like the "right to work," to leave such employees at the further mercy and whim and their employers, learn about the vile prison-industrial complex, a blatant violation of the penal labour exemption in the 13th Amendment (believe the exemption must be to work for public infrastructure and work, not private profit) and the horrid "quota system" where prosecutors will send innocent people (usually poor young Blacks or Hispanics, or "White Trash," to long sentences by stacking the trial deck against them deliberately to fill promised numbers of slaves to slave rings profiting from slave - let's call a spade a spade here since the 13th Amendment is being violated), and the fact that poor, young defendants of crimes have the book thrown at them, even for minor offenses, but wealthy, powerful, and well-connected peoples get a slap on the wrist, or even charges dismissed, for murder, rape, embezzlement, corruption, etc. even with a mountain of evidence. And, why don't you, while you're at it, have a look at the living standards and squalor of many single mothers who don't have abortions, because the social just want to make sure the child's born, but don't give a rat's ass about the mother or child or their prospects or living standards thereafter. Those are just a few examples to challenge the crown of the greatest current Civil Rights Abuse/Issue facing the nation.

they still get to live tho

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

they still get to live tho

"Give me liberty or give me death," Patrick Henry

"Better to die on my feet than live on my knees," Che Guevera

17 hours ago, Patine said:

If you believe that, walk around in the bad parts of major U.S. cities and see how the housing situation is, read about the corporate abuses (NOT government mismanagement) that lead to high unemployment, low wages, and little employment perspective for most Americans, and the systematic dismantling of the labour union movement through deceptively named laws and initiatives like the "right to work,"

Labor unions have gone from supporting the interests of workers to becoming a super pac for the Democratic Party.  They are destroying their purpose themselves.

In Indiana, union membership increased after right to work was passed because it forces the union to actually live up to its purpose.  If its just going to be a super pac, then they will lose members.  However, if it actually represents the members well, then people will join.

9 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Labor unions have gone from supporting the interests of workers to becoming a super pac for the Democratic Party.  They are destroying their purpose themselves.

In Indiana, union membership increased after right to work was passed because it forces the union to actually live up to its purpose.  If its just going to be a super pac, then they will lose members.  However, if it actually represents the members well, then people will join.

So what do you propose be done about the corporate abuse and mismanagement side of unemployment, low wages, and declining working conditions, since you've expressed your viewpoint on the solution toward the labour unions?

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:56 AM, Patine said:

So what do you propose be done about the corporate abuse and mismanagement side of unemployment, low wages, and declining working conditions, since you've expressed your viewpoint on the solution toward the labour unions?

The employees must regain control of the unions and bring them back to their intended purpose.  Then, they can effectively band together to demand various things (higher pay, better conditions, more/better benefits).

Back to the original topic, it's nice to see I'm not alone in my sentiments regarding Tulsi Gabbard.  The candidate I voted for in the 2004 primaries feels the same way.

Howard Dean to CNN: All Dem candidates qualified to be president except Tulsi Gabbard

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/425832-howard-dean-to-cnn-all-dem-candidates-qualified-to-be-president-except-tulsi

On 1/17/2019 at 11:28 AM, darkmoon72 said:

Back to the original topic, it's nice to see I'm not alone in my sentiments regarding Tulsi Gabbard.  The candidate I voted for in the 2004 primaries feels the same way.

Howard Dean to CNN: All Dem candidates qualified to be president except Tulsi Gabbard

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/425832-howard-dean-to-cnn-all-dem-candidates-qualified-to-be-president-except-tulsi

howard dean is a shit campaginer (2006 and 2008 was because of bush NOT DEAN had kerry won i 2004 it would have been a blood bath for the dems.

7 hours ago, Rarename91 said:

irony is she would do better then bernie  a centrist progressive could wing georgia and florida and north carolina and ohio.

7 hours ago, Rarename91 said:

howard dean is a shit campaginer (2006 and 2008 was because of bush NOT DEAN had kerry won i 2004 it would have been a blood bath for the dems.

Leaving aside the fact that your spelling, punctuation and grammar is terrible to the point of confusion (I presume you meant "had Dean won in 2004" if you intended for your post to make any sense)...

1. Your point about 2006 and 2008 is debatable, and that's being generous,

2. A person's campaigning ability is completely unrelated to their opinions on things over a decade later,

3. The former chair of a major party singling out and denouncing a single candidate from their party as unqualified is noteworthy, no matter who is involved,

4. Dean addresses many of the same concerns about Gabbard mentioned in this very thread, none of which have been refuted, and certainly not by you,

5. I don't know what a "centrist progressive" is, other than meaningless nonsense along the lines of "compassionate conservative",

6. Speculating how Gabbard - a candidate who is languishing at around 1-2% in the polls with almost no name recognition right now - would do in a general election is based on absolutely nothing but your own guesswork.  Fortunately, it's highly unlikely that question will ever have to be answered.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:05 AM, Patine said:

If she wants to be the first Hindu President of the U.S., perhaps she's taking somewhat after Narendi Modi in some of these (except, I don't think Modi ever praised Assad - I don't know what his attitude to the Arab Ba'athist government on Damascus is, honestly). But have you ever read BJP platform. "Homosexuality is a social disease" which sometimes is blamed on bringing promoted by, and encouraging during, the British Raj, a popular homophobic myth in my African nations too (that Africans are not naturally gay - the practice was brought by colonials), "Islam is the greatest force in evil in the world today and must be fought tooth and nail by all 'good people,'" and other such paraphrased snippets of the platform of the Hindu nationalist party which won it's election that put in power in 2014 with the largest mandate of counted votes (not percentage) for a single government in an actual popular, contested election in all of world history to date (that is scary).

I love this kind of consideration from this kind of speech (not yours, this common belief that if countries are anti civil rights it's the fault of occidental countries)

Like if these countries were dictatorships or anti-civil rights due to colonialism

The fact is England and France abolished slavery when they colonized tribes in Africa and this is really sad to say this, but slavery was a common thing in many parts of Africa and the Middle East untill the colonization and the post colonization (not to caution colonization at all which led to mass crimes like in Congo)

The only sustainable democracy which truly worked and became reality since 10 years in Africa (along older democracy like South Africa) is Tunisia

Tunisia elected radicals then voted for left parties, it's a hope

10 minutes ago, Edouard said:

I love this kind of consideration from this kind of speech (not yours, this common belief that if countries are anti civil rights it's the fault of occidental countries)

Like if these countries were dictatorships or anti-civil rights due to colonialism

The fact is England and France abolished slavery when they colonized tribes in Africa and this is really sad to say this, but slavery was a common thing in many parts of Africa and the Middle East untill the colonization and the post colonization (not to caution colonization at all which led to mass crimes like in Congo)

The only sustainable democracy which truly worked and became reality since 10 years in Africa (along older democracy like South Africa) is Tunisia

Tunisia elected radicals then voted for left parties, it's a hope

Are you saying South Africa truly is a "old working democracy" when, prior to 1994, only 16% of the adult population was allowed to vote, stand for elections, or even speak publicly on political events?

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

Are you saying South Africa truly is a "old working democracy" when, prior to 1994, only 16% of the adult population was allowed to vote, stand for elections, or even speak publicly on political events?

Not a total democracy, there are high problems of multiculturalism over there that I think sad, due to what has been made, but I am talking about the permanent blaming over colonialism to cover up civil rights

I even saw a gay friend who stude in a great great school promoting the apology or comprehension of those who were killing gays due to colonialism...

When chicken apology KFC you know there is nothing to do.

1 minute ago, Edouard said:

Not a total democracy, there are high problems of multiculturalism over there that I think sad, due to what has been made, but I am talking about the permanent blaming over colonialism to cover up civil rights

I even saw a gay friend who stude in a great great school promoting the apology or comprehension of those who were killing gays due to colonialism...

When chicken apology KFC you know there is nothing to do.

"Chicken apology KFC?" Now there's a term I haven't ever heard before.

Nonetheless. I believe in assigning blame and responsibility where it's due in every individual case, and when you start veering to favouring or defaulting to "socio-political bloc" blame or responsibility, as is becoming so VERY common nowadays, you've lost all TRUE integrity or clarity on the issue, EVEN if a lot of society still gives you credential or deference on such affairs.

I would "forgive" instead of apology but yes it's the point.

And indeed, that strange to me as I am a strong strong "societal left" guy while I'm moderate on economy but I do not understand some news clubs which can be almost dictatorial or biased in their socio cultural views in the name of progressism

Why Tulsi switched between 2011 and 2012 from a veteran old tory to a strong powerfull progressist?

I don't get it..

Even Clinton switched slowly and slowly from presidential election to presidential election

Some Democrats like Ted Kennedy or Al Gore  always secretely been in faavour of gay marriage and waited but there, she completely opposed it

On 1/15/2019 at 2:13 AM, Reagan04 said:

Look... it really isn't. That distinction goes to the Alt-Right - until they are destroyed, nobody can sleep in peace. No, in fact, nobody can hope to hold down a job, because some fascist will probably dig up their dirty past! Remember?

On 2/16/2019 at 12:33 PM, Edouard said:

Why Tulsi switched between 2011 and 2012 from a veteran old tory to a strong powerfull progressist?

I don't get it..

Even Clinton switched slowly and slowly from presidential election to presidential election

Some Democrats like Ted Kennedy or Al Gore  always secretely been in faavour of gay marriage and waited but there, she completely opposed it

Tulsi started in politics very young and has had a fast career.  Slow works if you are willing to evolve over decades in longtime government posts.