270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CalebsParadox

Caleb's Personal 2020 Prediction

Democrats who run:

Warren, Booker, Beto, Biden, and Gillibrand are the major contenders. Warren fizzles out before Super Tuesday but makes strong showings regardless, Biden reluctantly stays out of the race and refuses to endorse a major candidate. Beto wins without a contested convention and takes on Klobuchar as his veep. 

32 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

Democrats who run:

Warren, Booker, Beto, Biden, and Gillibrand are the major contenders. Warren fizzles out before Super Tuesday but makes strong showings regardless, Biden reluctantly stays out of the race and refuses to endorse a major candidate. Beto wins without a contested convention and takes on Klobuchar as his veep. 

That's highly possible. 

I used to think Beto would never run, but he might be the only dude the Dems have who could beat Trump. He's young (for politics), has energy that compares to Trump, he's not afraid to speak his mind on the issues (he even dropped the F bomb in a speech).

I definitely agree with your other candidates too, with the exception of Biden. He won't run but he'll flirt with it.

33 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

(he even dropped the F bomb in a speech).

I don't think this is INHERENTLY laudible, in and of itself. I mean Dick Cheney dropped such a bomb on the Senate floor back when he was VP, so...

26 minutes ago, Patine said:

I don't think this is INHERENTLY laudible, in and of itself. I mean Dick Cheney dropped such a bomb on the Senate floor back when he was VP, so...

Democrats tend to be more soft-spoken than their conservative counterparts (obviously there are exceptions on both sides), but I think Beto could give Trump a run for his money if he becomes the nominee, which could happen, though I think Booker will probably get it.

If Biden does run though I will change parties to Democrat to vote for him.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Democrats tend to be more soft-spoken than their conservative counterparts (obviously there are exceptions on both sides), but I think Beto could give Trump a run for his money if he becomes the nominee, which could happen, though I think Booker will probably get it.

If Biden does run though I will change parties to Democrat to vote for him.

TRUE, REAL social conservatives should speak in the manner or form, or say the things, or make the accusations or stereotypes, that modern Republicans. I guess that says something about how corrupt, hypocritical, and deceitful the modern GOP has become, and how many suckers, even their political opponents, have fallen for their lies and false claims.

"There's a sucker born every minute," P.T. Barnum,

or even BETTER,

"It is far easier to convince the people of a big lie than a small lie," Adolf Hitler.

On 1/4/2019 at 4:01 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I used to think Beto would never run, but he might be the only dude the Dems have who could beat Trump. He's young (for politics), has energy that compares to Trump, he's not afraid to speak his mind on the issues (he even dropped the F bomb in a speech).

I definitely agree with your other candidates too, with the exception of Biden. He won't run but he'll flirt with it.

That's exactly what I said in regards to Biden, actually! 

Dark horse candidate could win the primary and then  the general election.

Carter, B. Clinton, Obama were all relatively unknown 2 years before they became President.

I am watching Pete Buttigieg and Tulsi Gabbard.

1 hour ago, Jayavarman said:

Dark horse candidate could win the primary and then  the general election.

Carter, B. Clinton, Obama were all relatively unknown 2 years before they became President.

I am watching Pete Buttigieg and Tulsi Gabbard.

That's not exactly the case with Bill Clinton who gained national fame and attention for his speech at the 1988 DNC and was seen as a likely contestant for the 1992 Nomination.

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

That's not exactly the case with Bill Clinton who gained national fame and attention for his speech at the 1988 DNC and was seen as a likely contestant for the 1992 Nomination.

Of course, now his wife is just as nasty, cutthroat, unscrupulous, and without moral restraint or limits as either of the George Bushes... :(

25 minutes ago, Patine said:

Of course, now his wife is just as nasty, cutthroat, unscrupulous, and without moral restraint or limits as either of the George Bushes... :(

Sometimes I feel like you say things just to agitate people. I was saying something innocuous and you add on something you know is likely to provoke someone.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Sometimes I feel like you say things just to agitate people. I was saying something innocuous and you add on something you know is likely to provoke someone.

But it shouldn't provoke you, as neither Hillary Clinton nor the George Bushes have traditionally been high in your praise.