270soft Forum
TheMiddlePolitical

Elizabeth Warren launches exploratory committee

On 12/31/2018 at 11:56 PM, Patine said:

Sir Winston Churchill strongly believed that an important and poignant point needed constant repetition to drive it home, and, that if people were still dismissive of, or unmoved by it, they needed to hear it more...

This quote also gets old after the first few hundred times, perhaps get another snappy quote to support your point and rotate the two?😛

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

This quote also gets old after the first few hundred times, perhaps get another snappy quote to support your point and rotate the two?😛

Why don't you come up with a snappy quote to justify the preservation of an electoral system and political culture that's failed, screwed over, lied to, and cheated it's own people repeatedly and watched as those people, like classical abuse victims, crawl back to them, again and again, at the ballot box, begging for yet another term of the same crap, because all REAL opposition and unwanted ideas and chances of REAL reform or problems being addressed are crushed by an engine of subtle and manipulative political oppression. I'd like to hear why it continues to enjoy your firm support, and you continue to deride and insult it's critics, based only on the fact of the said criticism being made alone.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why don't you come up with a snappy quote to justify the preservation of an electoral system and political culture that's failed, screwed over, lied to, and cheated it's own people repeatedly and watched as those people, like classical abuse victims, crawl back to them, again and again, at the ballot box, begging for yet another term of the same crap, because all REAL opposition and unwanted ideas and chances of REAL reform or problems being addressed are crushed by an engine of subtle and manipulative political oppression. I'd like to hear why it continues to enjoy your firm support, and you continue to deride and insult it's critics, based only on the fact of the said criticism being made alone.

This guy is like the soundbite dispenser of every politician's dreams, I mean, you give Kellyanne Conway a run for her money!

Just now, Reagan04 said:

This guy is like the soundbite dispenser of every politician's dreams, I mean, you give Kellyanne Conway a run for her money!

You haven't addressed my question. You have only continued with YOUR TIRED AND TRITE tactic in these cases - attacking my repetition of the point alone. If you will not ante up beyond that, then please, remain silent, no matter HOW MANY TIMES I ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. If my repetition is all you have to attack - then you have nothing to attack really - so butt out or put up a real objection or criticism!

I've been away. Here are my thoughts on Warren. I don't think she wants to run for president. She admits to social anxiety on campaign. This is why her voice shakes sometimes. I think she's running as a decoy. She will continue to draw the attention of Trump, who will continue to verbally abuse her on Twitter.  Trump slightly dips in the polls when he is most vocal on Twitter. When he's quiet, he slightly increases. Her role is to keep Trump on Twitter and keep him angry. She will drop out just before Iowa if she is preventing Sanders or another progressive from winning Iowa. Alternatively, she could be used to prevent Sanders from winning, but I doubt she's that kind of nefarious. 

after seeing that livestream and how cringe it was it was the most cringe thing in politics all year outdoing the beto ymca ad. I cant wait for her campagin and hopefully career to go crashing in to flames. hopefully by somehow winnning the primaries and getting btfo by trump.

1 hour ago, Rarename91 said:

after seeing that livestream and how cringe it was it was the most cringe thing in politics all year outdoing the beto ymca ad. I cant wait for her campagin and hopefully career to go crashing in to flames. hopefully by somehow winnning the primaries and getting btfo by trump.

I don't like Warren, but this is not some career ending shit, hell if you're some "war hero", who got captured after bombing a light bulb factory, and that barely knew how to actually fly a plane, but didn't get kicked out of the navy because your dad was an admiral, you can call your second wife, who you married after leaving your first wife on her sick bed, a cunt after she tells you your hairs getting thin, and still be venerated as an american hero because you had one decent vote.