270soft Forum
TheMiddlePolitical

Elizabeth Warren launches exploratory committee

Big step towards a presidential run,I always wondered,does this mean Bernie Sanders is a shoe-out not to run? Because of there similar views and rhetoric? 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/31/politics/elizabeth-warren-exploratory-committee-2020/index.html 

@vcczar @Conservative Elector 2 @Sunnymentoaddict

@CalebsParadox @jvikings1 @Patine

Wouldn't let me tag you in the first post

Just now, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Big step towards a presidential run,I always wondered,does this mean Bernie Sanders is a shoe-out not to run? Because of there similar views and rhetoric? 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/31/politics/elizabeth-warren-exploratory-committee-2020/index.html 

I don't think it means Bernie won't run, I do think that he now has a diminished probability to run. I doubt he'll put too much thought into Warren running, but it is a possibility.

As much as i love Warren,i think this is a bad decision.She should have let Bernie do it and then run in 2024.He would be definite frontrunner as the most popular politician in America.She will have a lot of pressure from both left(for not endorsing Bernie in '16) and right(for all that DNA BS).She will have hard time winning the nomination and i cannot guarantee she even will win.However,she will receive my fullhearted support if she stays the best progressive in the race. 

I feel she will be the Rand Paul of 2020 (not gaining above 5-6% in the polls) I do think her announcement will bring in a flurry of the other candidate announcements. I also heard that Sanders is apparently thinking of not running so maybe that will help her if he does decide not to go.

2 hours ago, Rodja said:

As much as i love Warren,i think this is a bad decision.She should have let Bernie do it and then run in 2024.He would be definite frontrunner as the most popular politician in America.She will have a lot of pressure from both left(for not endorsing Bernie in '16) and right(for all that DNA BS).She will have hard time winning the nomination and i cannot guarantee she even will win.However,she will receive my fullhearted support if she stays the best progressive in the race. 

I can only support Bernie,Or Beto and possibly Amy Klobuchar,I see no appeal for Warren to be completely honest. Also Sherrod Brown may be interesting,I just want to see more from him.

2 hours ago, Edouard said:

She will take Sanders' chances for 2020 so that's great for biden supporters who are threatened by Beto

I agree. She will split the Progressive vote. 

1 hour ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

I feel she will be the Rand Paul of 2020 (not gaining above 5-6% in the polls) I do think her announcement will bring in a flurry of the other candidate announcements. I also heard that Sanders is apparently thinking of not running so maybe that will help her if he does decide not to go.

I agree,Currently I think Biden will have a Hillary-Esque performance if Bernie and Beto don’t run.

4 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Although it doesn't seem likely the Democrats will nominate as absolutely abysmal a candidate as Clinton in 2020, I'm still dubious and skeptical about the upcoming election, and REALLY wish it would come down to more than just two candidates with any viable chance of winning in the General Election chosen by the broken institution that is the Electoral College. But, I guess the American electoral system will lag behind most of the rest of the First World for yet another election, at least.

Pochohantas stands no chance. The debates are gonna be fire af tho if she gets the nomination. I laughed my ass off when she took that DNA test that showed she barely has any trace of Native blood.

29 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Pochohantas stands no chance. The debates are gonna be fire af tho if she gets the nomination. I laughed my ass off when she took that DNA test that showed she barely has any trace of Native blood.

Since that post began with buzzword name-calling, it lost all credential right from the get-go to me...

12 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Boy I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. Snark aside, I feel  Warren is in a no win situation. The left wing of the party doesn't like her after her nonendorsement of Sanders. And the more liberal center-left are cautious after she did the DNA test. She took his bait and can baited into doing something far less relevant to the election.

If Biden runs Trump gets re-elected. Democrats wanting the Obama momentum need to put up a young, energetic candidate like Beto. Promoting Obama's Secretary of State didn't work. Promoting Obama's VP pick won't work either.

Between Biden and Trump I will write Beto in. I'd rather have 4 more years of Trump than let Biden get the presidency. 

7 minutes ago, ZedWilliamsR said:

If Biden runs Trump gets re-elected. Democrats wanting the Obama momentum need to put up a young, energetic candidate like Beto. Promoting Obama's Secretary of State didn't work. Promoting Obama's VP pick won't work either.

Between Biden and Trump I will write Beto in. I'd rather have 4 more years of Trump than let Biden get the presidency. 

What if there were a way without a grim, hold-your-nose-at-the-ballotbox, pick-your-poison-from-two-brands-only choice? But that might mean *gasp* actually ALLOWING the American voters REAL political choice. God forbid THAT should happen. It'd be a sign of the Apocalypse. :S

36 minutes ago, Patine said:

What if there were a way without a grim, hold-your-nose-at-the-ballotbox, pick-your-poison-from-two-brands-only choice? But that might mean *gasp* actually ALLOWING the American voters REAL political choice. God forbid THAT should happen. It'd be a sign of the Apocalypse. :S

The "end the duopoly" thing gets boring after the first few hundred posts. 

10 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

The "end the duopoly" thing gets boring after the first few hundred posts. 

Sir Winston Churchill strongly believed that an important and poignant point needed constant repetition to drive it home, and, that if people were still dismissive of, or unmoved by it, they needed to hear it more...

3 hours ago, ZedWilliamsR said:

I wouldn't say Clinton was just Obama's SoS. She was a Senator from NY and an active first lady. It's sort of hard to see why someone voted for: cause of Obama, or her resume. 

It's easier to see Biden as a moderate continuation of Obama though .

52 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

It's easier to see Biden as a moderate continuation of Obama though .

I don't think this country would survive another Obama presidency, let alone one to the right of that, especially if another economic crash does come(which it probably will)...

51 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I don't think this country would survive another Obama presidency, let alone one to the right of that, especially if another economic crash does come(which it probably will)...

Well, given how the global economy works (or doesn't work) in the modern day and age, a big economic crash is inevitable, by some means, cause, or another, at least once a decade... :(

1 minute ago, Jayavarman said:

NO MORE BABY BOOMERS.

Warren, Clinton, Trump, Biden, Sanders, Pelosi, etc. are all ~70+ years old.  STOP.

Jimmy Carter vs. Bob Dole... :P

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Jimmy Carter vs. Bob Dole... :P

I would play a Carter vs Dole 2020 scenario in President Infinity. 🤔

And then watch a movie called "The 100-Year-Old President". 👴

4 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Yeah my main gripe with the Obama presidency is the lack of planning to tackle income disparity, and how to smoothly transition into the 21st century. Granted the Congressional Democratic Caucus was more conservative back then(case in point is the idea of a public option for Medicare was controversial back then, and now there are Democrats toying with the idea of Universial Basic Income).