270soft Forum
Hestia11

It’s Official

Sen. Elizabeth Warren is the first Democrat to announce she is running for President. Do you think she can capture early momentum? Was this a good day to announce?

5 minutes ago, Rarename91 said:

she testing the waters she havent said if she running or not!

image.png.20734c941567e85d39ffece8e503405f.pngEveryone seems to think it is official.

God help us all. Honestly I hope she wins the nomination. She will be absolutely destroyed.

32 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

God help us all. Honestly I hope she wins the nomination. She will be absolutely destroyed.

Lying about one's heritage is ONE lie. Donald Trump has maybe a very few things during his 2016 campaign and Presidency he's said that are ACTUALLY true! But, indeed, it would be yet another election where more viable GE candidates would be NEEDED to avoid another cheated and stolen election, further dividing the American people and compounding and demonstrating their broken, obsolete, failed, and corrupt electoral system for all to see.

1 minute ago, Jayavarman said:

NO MORE BABY BOOMERS.

Warren, Clinton, Trump, Biden, Sanders, Pelosi, etc. are all ~70+ years old.  STOP.

My mother's a Baby Boomer, and she's one of the most with it people I know personally. Take your ageism to the curb!

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

My mother's a Baby Boomer, and she's one of the most with it people I know personally. Take your ageism to the curb!

Please tell your mother to not run for president. 

2 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

Please tell your mother to not run for president. 

Although, to be perfectly honest, the new crop of younger, fresh-faced, new generation political leaders being touted have a MUCH higher chance of being infected by extremist, volatile, unworkable, unrealistic, and dangerous ideas based on lies, myths, stereotypes, misinformation, and a toxic zeitgeist. I would MUCH rather see them become more "seasoned" first.

Although, to be perfectly honest, the new crop of younger, fresh-faced, new generation political leaders being touted have a MUCH higher chance of being infected by extremist, volatile, unworkable, unrealistic, and dangerous ideas based on lies, myths, stereotypes, misinformation, and a toxic zeitgeist. I would MUCH rather see them become more "seasoned" first.

Our current 'seasoned' leaders the past 20 years have caused multiple disasters in our economic and foreign affairs.

Just now, Jayavarman said:

Our current 'seasoned' leaders the past 20 years have caused multiple disasters in our economic and foreign affairs.

The young crop you're promoting will bring down civilization into a new Dark Age within less than 20 years if they fully take the reigns of power completely, and all at once.

6 minutes ago, Patine said:

The young crop you're promoting will bring down civilization into a new Dark Age within less than 20 years if they fully take the reigns of power completely, and all at once.

Where's this young crop all at once. I say no to Warren, Clinton, Trump, Biden, Sanders, Pelosi, etc.

Where's this young crop all at once. I say no to Warren, Clinton, Trump, Biden, Sanders, Pelosi, etc.

I say you're not thinking rationally, but lashing out in absolutes. A line of thought that is a REAL BIG problem across the board today, and is responsible for idiots being elected, disastrous policies being enacted and supported, a vicious socio-political divide of cancerous proportions, and a siege-mentality viewpoint. Congratulations, you are verified to be part of the problem!

Just now, Patine said:

I say you're not thinking rationally, but lashing out in absolutes. A line of thought that is a REAL BIG problem across the board today, and is responsible for idiots being elected, disastrous policies being enacted and supported, a vicious socio-political divide of cancerous proportions, and a siege-mentality viewpoint. Congratulations, you are verified to be part of the problem!

I have provided specific names.

I have provided specific names.

But before that, you said ALL political potentials "70+" must go. NO OTHER DISQUALIFIERS were given!

29 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

NO MORE BABY BOOMERS.

Warren, Clinton, Trump, Biden, Sanders, Pelosi, etc. are all ~70+ years old.  STOP.

that is a dumb reason to not want to vote for someone.

2 minutes ago, Rarename91 said:

that is a dumb reason to not want to vote for someone.

After a certain age, older folks cannot drive a car or fly a plane.  People also tend to die when they get older.  Age is a valid consideration.

Umm, sir, sir, let me inform you, sir, there is absolutely nothing wrong with neoliberalism, plunging countries into poverty and dictatorship because they made a company upset is actually good for both us and them, well okay only us. Imperialism's not just good, it's necessary and cool, when we bomb schools and hospitals, we're actually spreading democracy and freedom, you may call me immoral for saying this, but sometimes you just have to bomb kids, especially if they are born in a country that refuses your totally not immoral and not at all war-crimes esque IMF/World Bank, loans. Just because our economy is perpetually in a death spiral going from crash, to shitty recovery (hell you can even say it's a recovery even if there hasn't been any job growth), it's not because we have an economy built off of ticky-tacky, it just means we're not doing capitalism hard enough.

(this was sarcasm by the way)

Just now, Patine said:

Jokes on you, we've got 12 years at best before global warming causes the sea to swallow us whole, and we boil alive.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

You're dismissing unnamed candidates specifically because of their age, but criticize others for saying they don't want 70+ year old candidates running for office. First, mental deterioration with age is a real thing. Second, if we are both going to agree that age is relevant in some way when picking a leader then you should acknowledge that the elderly folks are more likely to look at the world through an outdated framework. Look at Carter urging against a "new" cold war against China by discussing China's strategies under Deng Xiaoping as if China hasn't changed in the last 36 years. 

We should absolutely put an emphasis on promoting younger candidates.

10 hours ago, Jayavarman said:

NO MORE BABY BOOMERS.

IK.

8 hours ago, ZedWilliamsR said:

You're dismissing unnamed candidates specifically because of their age, but criticize others for saying they don't want 70+ year old candidates running for office. First, mental deterioration with age is a real thing. Second, if we are both going to agree that age is relevant in some way when picking a leader then you should acknowledge that the elderly folks are more likely to look at the world through an outdated framework. Look at Carter urging against a "new" cold war against China by discussing China's strategies under Deng Xiaoping as if China hasn't changed in the last 36 years. 

We should absolutely put an emphasis on promoting younger candidates.

If we're going to acknowledge age as a factor, let's focus on seasoned but not completely "over-the-hill" people in their 50's and 60' - not young radicals, nor old and set-in-their-ways. Unfortunately, there is a strange derth of prominent candidates and leaders in the current U.S. political scheme in that age group, of late. Almost a suspicious one. Though, it is an age niche filled by many prominent foreign leaders like Xi, Putin, Mohammed bin Salman, Merkel, Abe, and Netanyahu, who, while being neither radicals nor anachronisms, and usually "effective" leaders, have policies that have attracted sharp polarizations of opinion, each.

Too much left

only 2 candidates can clearly win the next presidential election against Trump

Beto is the first one according to me

Democrat from the South, moderate enough but powerfull liberalism on societal rights, he can flip flop swing states and threatens Trump in Arizona and Georgia aswell North Carolina.

Second : Biden

Moderate enough too.

If Warren or Harris win, they won't make more than Clinton because Dems can't ignore that a lot of swing states and former blue states like Missouri, Indiana, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, even New Hampshire including Pennsilvania are pro independent and moderate states.

Some states are however changing like Colorado which elected a really liberal governor.

6 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Too much left

only 2 candidates can clearly win the next presidential election against Trump

Beto is the first one according to me

Democrat from the South, moderate enough but powerfull liberalism on societal rights, he can flip flop swing states and threatens Trump in Arizona and Georgia aswell North Carolina.

Second : Biden

Moderate enough too.

If Warren or Harris win, they won't make more than Clinton because Dems can't ignore that a lot of swing states and former blue states like Missouri, Indiana, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, even New Hampshire including Pennsilvania are pro independent and moderate states.

Some states are however changing like Colorado which elected a really liberal governor.

What really surprises me is the strong (and seemingly realistic) view that core Republican support for Trump will not splinter, and there will be no strong Republican primary opponent. Why this perplexes me is because Trump is the LEAST conservative and/or libertarian Republican U.S. President (and even throwing in serious Republican U.S. Presidential candidates) since Teddy Roosevelt (and Robert La Follette), though those two for VERY different reasons. It's OBVIOUSLY a powerful cult of personality and/or big hoodwink that's keeping this party support and illusion of unity up and running, given that fact.

What really surprises me is the strong (and seemingly realistic) view that core Republican support for Trump will not splinter, and there will be no strong Republican primary opponent. Why this perplexes me is because Trump is the LEAST conservative and/or libertarian Republican U.S. President (and even throwing in serious Republican U.S. Presidential candidates) since Teddy Roosevelt (and Robert La Follette), though those two for VERY different reasons. It's OBVIOUSLY a powerful cult of personality and/or big hoodwink that's keeping this party support and illusion of unity up and running, given that fact.

Trump is a mistery

Once he says he wants free trade

Other day he wants to protect industries

Both are not forcely possible

I agree Trump is even not a conservative, but he keeps the grassroots supporters on some themes like security and taxs.

And that's enough to keep 44 to 45% of the electorate with him.

Because middle class can be bored with Obamacare and agrees with some of his tax policies

As a Social Liberal I agree with his criminal reform

He plays with politic he plays with electorate

But too much liberal on taxs democrats are making him strong in swing states

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

What makes you think trump isn't a conservative?

14 minutes ago, Edouard said:

Because middle class can be bored with Obamacare and agrees with some of his tax policies

I think Obamacare unpopularity isn't that "it's boring" but rather that it's a terrible programme that barely helped anyone.

14 minutes ago, Edouard said:

But too much liberal on taxs democrats are making him strong in swing states

I disagree, it's democrats who think means-testing is an understandable, popular platform, rather than academic bullshit, that doesn't help anyone, which are causing the democrats to lose.