270soft Forum
Ido

simulating Israel's political system on the Infinity engine

Since i'm seeking to make more comprehensive versions of my Israel scenarios, I'm looking to use games like PMI or CI to simulate said elections, but how can I do it? with the Parliamentary system of PMI or with the indirect campaigning system of CI?

Israel uses a system of proportional representation.

my plan is to divide the total votes into 120 and make 120 seats with said number in hopes of simulating an election.

Just now, Ido said:

Since i'm seeking to make more comprehensive versions of my Israel scenarios, I'm looking to use games like PMI or CI to simulate said elections, but how can I do it? with the Parliamentary system of PMI or with the indirect campaigning system of CI?

Israel uses a system of proportional representation.

my plan is to divide the total votes into 120 and make 120 seats with said number in hopes of simulating an election.

I would still strongly advise using some scheme by K4E. No Infinity game, as it stands, comes even remotely close, and all results of hack jobs will end up ridiculously wonky and highly unrealistic. And sense Anthony has (very unfortunately and disappointingly) said no plans whatsoever exist at this point, or in the foreseeable future, to break his strict marketing box (and self-imposed chains) and go beyond FPTP elections, making the great majority of legislative elections in the world today IMPOSSIBLE to be done with any justice or accuracy, I can only advise using K4E here, as the Infinity engines in totality, do not current suffice at all, or within announced release plans.

@Patine I really wish there was a more comfortable way of modding K4E without needing external programs like the Forever games need

Just now, Ido said:

@Patine I really wish there was a more comfortable way of modding K4E without needing external programs like the Forever games need

I don't understand the statement. Am I missing something?

If my memory isn't failing me, the forever games require an external program or "Candidate Editor" unlike how the Infinity games have an Campaign Editor function straight in the game @Patine

Just now, Ido said:

If my memory isn't failing me, the forever games require an external program or "Candidate Editor" unlike how the Infinity games have an Campaign Editor function straight in the game @Patine

Ah, you've been spoiled. The "Candidate Editor" is not actually REQUIRED, and, in fact, is not really useful for making fan made scenarios. It was a tool to design your own custom candidate or party leader into an already extant scenario. The "Forever" game scenarios (except P4E2008, which had an editor, but it was sold separately at the time) were edited by directly editing or inserting bitmaps and editing .p4e file simply by opening them as text files and editing them. All of the old scenarios on this site were made that way, but there was still very prolific and active scenario making in the day. It comes naturally once you get the hang of it. The Infinity Editors, while a luxury and a convenience, certainly, are showing areas where they can also easily become crutches.

damn, an even more inconvenient way to make scenarios, that's why I usually stick to the Infinity games, with all it's flaws at least It's less of an headache to edit scenarios on it

2 minutes ago, Ido said:

damn, an even more inconvenient way to make scenarios, that's why I usually stick to the Infinity games, with all it's flaws at least It's less of an headache to edit scenarios on it

Obviously, from this, and the lot of other things I see around me and online, "rising to new challenges" something taught and encouraged to me and my generation when we were young, has been utterly kaiboshed in the raising of the last two or three generations - instead, "stick to what you know or crawl back into your comfort zone" seem to be more commonly promoted, from empirical evidence I'm seeing.

@Ido

PR in general elections may be coming at some point. If it does, it will probably be added to PMI. So I would recommend making campaigns for PMI, but there's really no way to do it accurately at this point.

Note that PR covers a few different systems. The PR of New Zealand is different from the PR of Germany, so even with a PR system in PMI the mechanics might not be exactly as in real life.

28 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Note that PR covers a few different systems. The PR of New Zealand is different from the PR of Germany, so even with a PR system in PMI the mechanics might not be exactly as in real life.

They may differ, but SOMETHING to work with would be nice, even if only at the level of a K4E engine update. SOMETHING!