270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Unlikely Hypothetical 36-candidate Democratic Primary

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:34 AM, vcczar said:

I think the more candidates the better, but I think that a large slate of Democrats would lead to more infighting, which could damage party unity and turn off voters.

(Also, you listed John Bel Edwards as a Senator instead of a Governor, not sure if you picked up on that. Coincidentally, if I had a preference for a 2020 nominee, it would definitely be him)

My evalution of candidates:

Beto-7/10

Kamala-8/10

Klobuchar-5/10

Sherrod Brown-9/10

Bernie-10/10

Booker-5/10

Tulsi-2/10

Seth Moulton-Not familiar

Steyer-4/10

Biden-9/10

Castro-3/10

Chris Murphy-7/10

Hillary-3/10

Bullock-1/10

Gillibrand-5/10

Gillum-10/10

Warren-10/10

Inslee-6/10

Edwards-0/10

Eric Swalwell-Not familiar

Hickenlooper-2/10

Mcaulifee-1/10

Delaney-4/10

Casey Jr.-6/10

Bloomberg-0/10

Buttigieg-8/10

Bennet-Not familiar

Garcetti-Not familiar

Merkley-10/10

Ryan-2/10

Schiff-7/10

Schultz-Not familiar

Ojeda-3/10

Holder-2/10

O'Malley-4/10

de la Hoya-0/10

Evaluation is based only on my personal opinion of candiadtes

34 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Beto-9/10

Kamala-7/10

Klobuchar-8/10

Sherrod Brown-8/10

Bernie-9/10

Booker-6/10

Tulsi-5/10

Steyer-1/10

Biden-6/10

Castro-2/10

Chris Murphy-6/10

Hillary-0/10

Bullock-6/10

Gillibrand-1/10

Gillum-3/10

Warren-2/10

Inslee-NF

Edwards-NF

Hickenlooper-4/10

Mcaulifee-0/10

Delaney-2/10

Casey Jr.-4/10

Bloomberg-2/10

Buttigieg-5/10

Bennet-Not familiar

Garcetti-5/10

Ryan-9/10

Schiff-4/10

Schultz-Not familiar

Ojeda-10/10

Holder-2/10

O'Malley-6/10

de la Hoya-0/10

Edited for my opinion,accidently deleted Merkley-6/10

20 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Beto-4/10

Kamala-2/10

Klobuchar-5/10

Sherrod Brown-4/10

Bernie- 0/10

Booker- 1/10

Tulsi- 1/10

Seth Moulton- 1/10

Steyer- 0/10

Biden- 6/10

Castro- 3/10

Chris Murphy- 3/10

Hillary- 2/10

Bullock- 5/10

Gillibrand- 1/10

Gillum- 0/10

Warren- 0/10

Inslee- 3/10

Edwards- 5/10

Eric Swalwell- 0/10

Hickenlooper- 5/10

McAuliffe- 2/10

Delaney- 4/10

Casey Jr.- 4/10

Bloomberg- 4/10

Buttigieg- 1/10

Bennet- 3/10

Garcetti- 2/10

Merkley- 1/10

Ryan- 4/10

Schiff- 0/10

Schultz- 0/10

Ojeda- 6/10

Holder- 0/10

O'Malley- 1/10

de la Hoya-0/10

I'll do one.

1 hour ago, Rodja said:

Beto-10/10

Kamala-10/10

Klobuchar-7/10

Sherrod Brown-8/10

Bernie-8/10

Booker-9/10

Tulsi-2/10

Steyer-3/10

Biden-7/10

Castro-5/10

Chris Murphy-4/10

Hillary-7/10 (But please don't run again)

Bullock-5/10

Gillibrand-7/10

Gillum-6/10

Warren-6/10

Inslee-3/10

Edwards-3/10

Hickenlooper-3/10

Mcaulifee-1/10

Delaney-2/10

Casey Jr.-3/10

Bloomberg-1/10

Buttigieg-Not familiar

Bennet-3/10

Garcetti-Not familiar

Merkley-4/10

Ryan-3/10

Schiff-3/10

Schultz-Not familiar

Ojeda-1/10

Holder-3/10

O'Malley-3/10

de la Hoya-Not familiar

Here's mine. 3 is just my base support. Not that I hate all those candidates nor do I think they would do badly.

2 hours ago, Rodja said:

Beto-5/10

Kamala-7/10

Klobuchar-10/10

Sherrod Brown-9/10

Bernie-6/10

Booker-5/10

Tulsi-2/10

Seth Moulton-2/10

Steyer-2/10

Biden-8/10

Castro-4/10

Chris Murphy-6/10

Hillary-3/10

Bullock-5/10

Gillibrand-5/10

Gillum-6/10

Warren-6/10

Inslee-5/10

Edwards-4/10

Eric Swalwell-2/10

Hickenlooper-4/10

Mcaulifee-3/10

Delaney-2/10

Casey Jr.-5/10

Bloomberg-2/10

Buttigieg-4/10

Bennet-4/10

Garcetti-2/10

Merkley-6/10

Ryan-2/10

Schiff-4/10

Schultz-1/10

Ojeda-1/10

Holder-3/10

O'Malley-3/10

de la Hoya-0/10

Here's mine. Right now I'm mostly going for electability and who I think can win, is the biggest thing for me. Representatives, Mayors, and billionaires thusly didn't do as well. 

On 12/22/2018 at 8:14 PM, Rarename91 said:

what is it with the dems and low office guys and fail candidatures and wanting them to run for office? I get trump didnt hold a office but still.

The initial crowd will likely thin quickly when their exploratory committees can't build the proper fundraising and staff.

The Republicans also had a wild primary last year:  Ben Carson, Rick Santorum, etc.

1 minute ago, Jayavarman said:

The initial crowd will likely thin quickly when their exploratory committees can't build the proper fundraising and staff.

The Republicans also had a wild primary last year:  Ben Carson, Rick Santorum, etc.

ben carson never ran for office before and santorum have a yuge ego (he only did aswell as he did in 2012 because of mr mormon bush. also know as mitt romney.)

Here’s my prediction if this 36-person field stands. 

1. Early debates and fundraising issues knock out several candidates before Oct. 

All but the following drop out: O’Rourke, Klobuchar, Brown, Sanders, Gabbard, Steyer, Biden, Warren, McAuliffe, Bloomberg, Clinton.

Biden, O’Rourke, and Sanders are frontrunners.

2. Oct-Jan primary debates turn nasty. 

Biden is hit with me too scandals but does not drop out. O’Rourke takes the lead in the polls. Sanders loses some support to O’Rourke. Warren drops out and endorses O’Rourke. With no shot at winning IA, NH, or the new early CA primary, Clinton and Bloomberg drop out. Neither make an endorsement. 

3. Early primaries

Brown wins an upset in Iowa against O’Rourke and comes near even in New Hampshire. Gabbard exceeds expectations. Klobuchar, McAuliffe, and Biden drop out. Biden makes no endorsement. Klobuchar endorses Brown and McAuliffe endorses O’Rourke.

O’Rourke wins most of the next early primaries, including California. Gabbard drops out and endorses Sanders. Steyer drops out and endorses O’Rourke.

4. Super Tuesday and the rest of March

O’Rourke and Brown take an even number of Super Tuesday states. Sanders wins only 2 states, but finished a close second in many others. Sanders drops out and endorses O’Rourke after meeting with both candidates. Biden and Clinton endorse O’Rourke after he wins the next primaries. Brown drops out and endorses O’Rourke.

5. Up to and including the convention  

O’Rourke seems to hold the establishment and progressive wings together through sincere rhetoric and determination on shared agenda. Trump’s main attack is that O’Rourke lost in 2018 and so was a loser. O’Rourke draws comparisons with Abraham Lincoln, a former US Rep who became president two years after losing a senate race against Stephen A. Douglas    

O’Rourke considers several potential VP candidates—Bullock, JB Edwards, Brown, Booker, Biden, Harris, Klobuchar, Sanders. All are strongly considered. It is determined that, to best defeat Trump, that the ticket should be high on integrity and high on energy and change. The list is narrowed down to Klobuchar and Sanders, the former primarily because the ticket wants a minority VP. Klobuchar might do well in the Midwest. However, although it upsets Democrats with a primary focus on gender and racial politics, it is decided that Sanders will be the VP nominee. An agreement is made that the entire cabinet will be filled with the most qualified minority politicians in America. 

6. General Election

Trump ramps up attacks on “Loser Beto” and “Crazy Bernie.” He then suggests that their cabinet would be filled with “illegals.” However, the economy of 2018 and 2019 is not holding in 2020. The Mueller investigation, which had ended, has wrecked Trump’s reputation further, especially after he used executive privilege to block any information regarding himself. The youth vote turns out in record number as does the Hispanic turnout (O’Rourke is fluent in Spanish). Trump holds FL and NC but loses PA, MI, WI, and OH. Texas nearly goes Blue. O’Rourke/Sanders wins. While the EC is relatively close, the popular vote is a clear landslide—55% to 39% with 4.5% Libertarian 0.5% Green and the rest other. 

Trump’s post-presidency is mostly consumed with federal court cases and his usual bankruptcies, one will be a new conservative media network that flops after a few years. Trump dies of natural causes before his 80th birthday. The Mueller files blocked by Trump are then revealed to show collusion and other crimes. Presidential rankings, even those done by conservatives and former Trump allies, list Trump as a 5-worst president. 

O’Rourke’s entire first term is devoted to fixing the damage done by Trump, improving international relations, undoing domestic alterations by Trump. Trump’s wall is never built. O’Rourke does not begin to institute any of the unique agendas of his campaign until late 2023, after having worked to repair the country approximately to the level that Obama left it.

On 12/26/2018 at 12:19 PM, Reagan04 said:

I'll do one.

Surprised you have Beto that high tbh.

Also I wanna do one

On 12/26/2018 at 11:59 AM, Rodja said:

Beto-7/10

Kamala-5/10

Klobuchar-2/10

Sherrod Brown-0/10

Bernie-3/10

Booker-4/10

Tulsi-8/10

Seth Moulton- who

Steyer- who

Biden-9/10

Castro-2/10

Chris Murphy-2/10

Hillary- -3.7/10

Bullock-1/10

Gillibrand- -3.69/10

Gillum-2/10

Warren- 2 Indian Sage Herbs/10

Inslee-4/10

Edwards-2/10

Eric Swalwell-who

Hickenlooper-4/10

Mcaulifee-4/10

Delaney-4/10

Casey Jr. know who this is but still not familiar with their policies 

Bloomberg- no/10

Buttigieg- i would hate to have this last name

Bennet-who

Garcetti-who

Merkley-2/10

Ryan-4/10

Schiff-1/10

Schultz-1/10

Ojeda-who

Holder-2/10

O'Malley-8/10

de la Hoya-1/10

Now that I think about it it's pretty funny that Beto pretended to be Hispanic for the longest time and Ted Cruz pretends to be white lmao

22 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Surprised you have Beto that high tbh.

Also I wanna do one

Boo! Get off the stage and consider other career potentials more seriously. The improv circuit audiences are merciless and will break your heart. :P

I honestly do not believe there is a democrat who will be able to beat Trump. Heres why, look at 2012 Santorum launched just enough attacks on Romney to the point where Romney couldnt pull the far right to him and win. Now that year there were only 7 serious candidates and the attacks caused a lot of damage. Bring that to nearly 20 candidates and  well you have a progressive walk out of the convention and moderates are turned off, a moderate walks out of the convention progressives are turned off. Currently there is no Democrat who will be able to beat Trump, the Muller Investigation is still going on yes, but what have they got so far, two convictions? (Not related to collusion) disclaimer im a moderate republican who wishes trump had run as his party for 20+ years which was the democratic party. I believe hes going to win because of the ugly primary that is waiting for Democrats. Amy Klobuchar who is my senator has probably the best shot at coming close and no one else. 

9 hours ago, Berg2036 said:

I honestly do not believe there is a democrat who will be able to beat Trump. Heres why, look at 2012 Santorum launched just enough attacks on Romney to the point where Romney couldnt pull the far right to him and win. Now that year there were only 7 serious candidates and the attacks caused a lot of damage. Bring that to nearly 20 candidates and  well you have a progressive walk out of the convention and moderates are turned off, a moderate walks out of the convention progressives are turned off. Currently there is no Democrat who will be able to beat Trump, the Muller Investigation is still going on yes, but what have they got so far, two convictions? (Not related to collusion) disclaimer im a moderate republican who wishes trump had run as his party for 20+ years which was the democratic party. I believe hes going to win because of the ugly primary that is waiting for Democrats. Amy Klobuchar who is my senator has probably the best shot at coming close and no one else. 

If you are indeed correct, than I would say such a prognosis would actually be the result of any achievement by Trump, or true state of collapse by the Democratic Party as a whole, but the woeful state of a very large chunk of the American electorate and the social zeitgeist that a phoned-in, showman who likely didn't even want the office, but only ran as a PR scheme, and whose done nothing of real, true, productive value in office EXPCEPT not start another foreign war (his lack of hawkishness is one of greatest qualities as a U.S. President), and has made a lot of serious botches, like trade wars out of nowhere, just political pissing matches, that are going to come back to bite him, and American consumers in the ass, when commodity prices inevitably skyrocket, and shutting down the government JUST for his vanity wall (I personally believe every politician of late whose personally shut down the government on a point of personal principle, be it he, Cruz, Paul, Boehner, or whomever, of late, has tantamount to flagrantly abdicated their oath of office, and arguably commit high treason against their nation and SHOULD be treated as such - but who am I kidding here - justice and legal consequences for crimes committed by U.S. Federal executive officials and lawmaker - excuse my grim, gallows-humour laugh there), and his revolving door cabinet, actually got elected in the first place, is likely not to be challenged by his party, despite not being in line, as a leader, with the social conservative, neo-con, or  libertarian camps, at all - he still seems to have no dedicated opposition, inexplicably - and the very real possibility of this charlatan and snake oil salesman's reelection, is a strong indicatory of a VERY low point in American social and political culture. As a saying goes, "fool me once, you're the fool. Fool me twice, I'm the fool!"