270soft Forum
vcczar

Late December Trump Poll

Trump Late December Poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following 4 Trump decisions do you approve?

• Supporting the Criminal Justice Reform
    • Withdrawing from Syria
    • Withdrawing more troops from Afghanistan
    • Forcing a government shutdown by refusing to sign a bill without wall funding.
    • None of the above.
  2. 2. Trump favorability

• I favor Trump 100%
    • I greatly favor Trump’s presidency
    • I somewhat favor Trump’s presidency
    • Mixed bag, I’m conflicted
    • I somewhat disfavor Trump’s presidency
    • I greatly disfavor Trump’s presidency.
    • I 100% disfavor Trump’s presidency.
  3. 3. If you could go back to Election Day 2016...

• I would still prefer Trump to Clinton
    • I would still support Clinton to Trump
    • I would switch my support to Clinton
    • I would switch my support to Trump
    • I would still vote 3rd party or still refuse to vote

I'm like 60% in favour of the Syria withdrawal, Only 60% due to not at least giving continued assistance to the Dem Fed of Northern Syria (Kurds).

2 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

I'm like 60% in favour of the Syria withdrawal, Only 60% due to not at least giving continued assistance to the Dem Fed of Northern Syria (Kurds).

This is why I don't support it at all.

This administration is a downright mess. E Gads is really the only thing I have to say about. The only reason I don't 100% oppose it is because of Neil Gorsuch, I mean, everyone made Kavanaugh out to be some sort of firebrand, he isn't now and he never was, he's a moderate conservative at best. Gorsuch, on the other hand, was an out of the park hit. But to be honest, the damage Trump has done to American credibility, to the economy, to the executive branch, to my beloved party and ideology, it's ghastly.

24 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

This administration is a downright mess. E Gads is really the only thing I have to say about. The only reason I don't 100% oppose it is because of Neil Gorsuch, I mean, everyone made Kavanaugh out to be some sort of firebrand, he isn't now and he never was, he's a moderate conservative at best. Gorsuch, on the other hand, was an out of the park hit. But to be honest, the damage Trump has done to American credibility, to the economy, to the executive branch, to my beloved party and ideology, it's ghastly.

What would it take for you to vote for a Democrat over Trump (say Biden or O'Rourke, for instance)?

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

What would it take for you to vote for a Democrat over Trump (say Biden or O'Rourke, for instance)?

I'd vote for Biden easily, as long as he didn't tack too far to the left in the primary. As for O'Rourke, that's a bigger pill. Anybody that's gonna be vocally pro-choice is another issue. Basically, I'm stuck between a rock and hard place on this one. I'm eying people like Biden and Klobuchar to win that would make the race become a competitive race to make me vote Democrat.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

I'd vote for Biden easily, as long as he didn't tack too far to the left in the primary. As for O'Rourke, that's a bigger pill. Anybody that's gonna be vocally pro-choice is another issue. Basically, I'm stuck between a rock and hard place on this one. I'm eying people like Biden and Klobuchar to win that would make the race become a competitive race to make me vote Democrat.

How much does a pro-choice president actually impact abortion at the state level though? It's sort of like the gun issue, they're two issues that are more words than actions, since no one will touch them at the federal level one way or the other. There are too many pro-gun Democrats and too many pro-choice Republicans for the parties to eliminate that support. 

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

How much does a pro-choice president actually impact abortion at the state level though? It's sort of like the gun issue, they're two issues that are more words than actions, since no one will touch them at the federal level one way or the other. There are too many pro-gun Democrats and too many pro-choice Republicans for the parties to eliminate that support. 

i understand that line of reasoning, but for me, Abortion is such an important civil rights issue, that even if someone does lip service to it, it's a large turn off.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

i understand that line of reasoning, but for me, Abortion is such an important civil rights issue, that even if someone does lip service to it, it's a large turn off.

K. 

57 minutes ago, MBDemSoc said:

57 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

This is why I don't support it at all.

Do any of us really believe that a country that's good buddies with the Turkish government, and that's backed several anti-communist dictators would support, a radical anti-capitalist state if it wasn't for the fact that they are fighting Assad and ISIS.

1 hour ago, WVProgressive said:

Do any of us really believe that a country that's good buddies with the Turkish government, and that's backed several anti-communist dictators would support, a radical anti-capitalist state if it wasn't for the fact that they are fighting Assad and ISIS.

I never said I believed that the U.S would continue to support the Dem Fed of Northern Syria after they withdrew after ISIS was defeated / pretty much defeated, I would like the U.S to but it's just not going to happen under this under or any other Republican or "Centrist" Democratic administration, A Progressive Democratic One maybe.

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Sabotaging and sacrificing the overall scheme of good and competent governance on the altar of a very few pet ideologies that do not necessarily maintain the popularity they might and are mostly conceits of personal moral conflicts is one of the major the signs of the bankrupt form of extremist politicians and ideologues who are destroying public trust and credibility, running their nations in vane manners, are unworthy as statesmen, and are committing treason and sedition against their nations as actual lawmakers and administrators. I'm more and more finding such inflexible, destructive, and divisive politicians like those who get hung up on issues like abortion and gun rights and willing to bring all else to a standstill and it's knees over them to prove their arrogant, self-serving disgusting and having abdicated all of their duties in a broad and complete sense.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Sabotaging and sacrificing the overall scheme of good and competent governance on the altar of a very few pet ideologies that do not necessarily maintain the popularity they might and are mostly conceits of personal moral conflicts is one of the major the signs of the bankrupt form of extremist politicians and ideologues who are destroying public trust and credibility, running their nations in vane manners, are unworthy as statesmen, and are committing treason and sedition against their nations as actual lawmakers and administrators. I'm more and more finding such inflexible, destructive, and divisive politicians like those who get hung up on issues like abortion and gun rights and willing to bring all else to a standstill and it's knees over them to prove their arrogant, self-serving disgusting and having abdicated all of their duties in a broad and complete sense.

You may feel that way, but the same could have been said of any one of the Anti-segregationists that refused to vote for a segregationist. I simply feel as though abortion transcends the importance of all other issues because it is one of the greatest civil rights abuses and largest injustices American society has ever faced. This isn't some extreme religious opinion of mine like those folks that require 100% agreement on all things regarding social issues. I don't really care what a politician thinks on Contraception or Marriage, that's irrelevant. But I do care about the economy, the constitution, and foreign policy. But above all this, I think having the right stand on abortion is paramount to being a leader and a champion of equality and my values.

It's funny because this week Trump has done the most things I've supported his entire Presidency so far; the stock bump ban, withdrawing from Syria (I opposed it from the beginning), hopefully withdrawing from Afghanistan, and the signing of the criminal justice reform bill. The week I've been most favourable of him is the one week that is seemingly his worst. 

31 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

It's funny because this week Trump has done the most things I've supported his entire Presidency so far; the stock bump ban, withdrawing from Syria (I opposed it from the beginning), hopefully withdrawing from Afghanistan, and the signing of the criminal justice reform bill. The week I've been most favourable of him is the one week that is seemingly his worst. 

I agree with you completely. 

13 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

You may feel that way, but the same could have been said of any one of the Anti-segregationists that refused to vote for a segregationist. I simply feel as though abortion transcends the importance of all other issues because it is one of the greatest civil rights abuses and largest injustices American society has ever faced. This isn't some extreme religious opinion of mine like those folks that require 100% agreement on all things regarding social issues. I don't really care what a politician thinks on Contraception or Marriage, that's irrelevant. But I do care about the economy, the constitution, and foreign policy. But above all this, I think having the right stand on abortion is paramount to being a leader and a champion of equality and my values.

I feel there are far greater injustices plaguing American society today, and many that Christ would also condemn harshly, but many of those you've had no problem with, turned a blind eye to, or even fully support and praise. Thus, I am VERY dubious and critical of your viewpoint of great injustices and your ability to see them all and call them all out.

@Reagan04 I want to make something clear here. I don't SUPPORT abortion or believe it SHOULD be necessary beyond extreme cases, and that, ideally, it should be cut down in need and demand to next to nothing by productive social enactment of policy. A sudden criminalization and coming down on all doctors and mothers involved like a legal hammer will solve nothing, and only make the situation worse. The roots of abortion as prevalent as it today are due to many deep-seated social and economic issues, and many social stigmas (most of those stigmas established, or put in place, by firebrand social conservatives and religious leaders in the first place), and the difficulty, economically, of being a single mother. Not all teenagers or young people are ivory tower cherubs like you seem to be. But all jokes and jabs aside, it is clinically proven that teenagers and some early adults, because of brain chemistry changes during puberty, have an "impairment to make common sense and wise decisions." I know I did - but my mistakes were different, and didn't lead to fathering an illegitimate child, but I still just shudder at remembering the stupid things I said and did back then. Abortion needs to be dealt with at a fundamental social and economic level. Many young pregnant mothers seek abortions out of fear - fear of their parents, their school, and their community finding out, and fear for their futures. And, as it stands, because of how society is, well-founded fears. Young pregnant women need counselling - and not self-righteous, high-horse, paternalistic, condemnatory sermons - and they need economic and medical support, at least until some stability can be established. And maybe subsidized correspondence schooling. And other such things. Just criminalizing the whole affair and laying draconian penalties is going to be about as useful and effective as when that was done to drug addicts and users. As a social worker, I happen to know this.

@vcczar I see trump has been on a role with you supporting the top 3 picks,same with me,A leaning Trump supporter (The only 2 people I'd vote for over Trump 2020 wise right now is Beto O'Rourke or Bernie)

8 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

@vcczar I see trump has been on a role with you supporting the top 3 picks,same with me,A leaning Trump supporter (The only 2 people I'd vote for over Trump 2020 wise right now is Beto O'Rourke or Bernie)

It would be nice if American voters had BETTER and REAL choice in leaders, and were actually willing to get up and demand them...

44 minutes ago, Patine said:

It would be nice if American voters had BETTER and REAL choice in leaders, and were actually willing to get up and demand them...

I know...Only a small group as in myself demands it,but one can only wish.

@Patine I've resigned from debating politics as I know you have often tried to do. Thus, I'll reject the urge to combat what you just said and leave you with this. I respect your opinion, I simply wholeheartedly disagree. And that's alright. Also you owe me another nickel for your comment towards TheMiddle 😛

3 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Patine I've resigned from debating politics as I know you have often tried to do. Thus, I'll reject the urge to combat what you just said and leave you with this. I respect your opinion, I simply wholeheartedly disagree. And that's alright. Also you owe me another nickel for your comment towards TheMiddle 😛

I was hoping to hear what your proposed solution to the real issues behind abortion and the real cause of why the rate it occurs is so high would be, that would be more effective and workable than the typical "playing whack-a-mole with the symptoms" of the problem, calling it a day, and congratulating themselves that seems to be the modus operandi of most political leaders and ideologues nowadays, but I will accept being disappointed, of course.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

I was hoping to hear what your proposed solution to the real issues behind abortion and the real cause of why the rate it occurs is so high would be, that would be more effective and workable than the typical "playing whack-a-mole with the symptoms" of the problem, calling it a day, and congratulating themselves that seems to be the modus operandi of most political leaders and ideologues nowadays, but I will accept being disappointed, of course.

You're incredibly talented at attempting to guilt-trip people into doing something that you yourself have bemoaned and attempted to walk away from. I'm not biting the bait.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

You're incredibly talented at attempting to guilt-trip people into doing something that you yourself have bemoaned and attempted to walk away from. I'm not biting the bait.

You should feel some guilt for the cold-hearted, callous, detached, aristocratic, Un-Christian, and uncharitable point-of-view you've in the derisive and ivory tower posts you've made about numerous less fortunate people, either by the random birth lottery, or by circumstances often beyond their control. I leave that with a quote by our Lord and Saviour,

"Faith without good works is dead,"

And another quote to show He defines good works,

"Housing the homeless, feeding the poor, and healing the sick."

"Comforting the widows and sheltering the orphans."

Etc.