270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Scenario Update (12/21)

2020 Scenario  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should I add hypothetical events to the 2020 scenario?

• Yes, a lot of them to make the scenario seem like an active campaign.
    • Yes, but maybe only one per month for just the major candidates.
    • Yes, but nothing major like an economic depression, impeachment, etc.
    • No, because we don't know what is going to happen.
    • No, because the events will most likely make it impossible for Trump to win (note: vcczar will likely make events connected to Mueller investigation)
    • I don't care/I don't know
    • Other response.

@vcczarI must disagree on the most dangerous modern U.S. President. I personally George W. Bush was much more dangerous, and did much more, a lot of that damage still lingering to this day, such as the roots of the current situation in the Middle East, the beginning of the deterioration of respect for the U.S. among it's traditional allies, and, of course, the (un)Patriot which blatantly violates the U.S. Constitution and a Bill of Rights on many fundamental levels, not to mention that Bush and many members of his Administration are, essentially, though formally unindicted, blatant war criminals of the calibre of many who were tried at Nuremberg. And of course, his Administration's final "fuck you" to the American people - the bailout of the big banks, as his last lame duck act (something that many, many Republicans and others somehow quickly become dead-set convinced Obama was behind). And, unlike, Trump, Bush succeeded in pushing all of these agendas in his Presidency.

21 minutes ago, Patine said:

@vcczarI must disagree on the most dangerous modern U.S. President. I personally George W. Bush was much more dangerous, and did much more, a lot of that damage still lingering to this day, such as the roots of the current situation in the Middle East, the beginning of the deterioration of respect for the U.S. among it's traditional allies, and, of course, the (un)Patriot which blatantly violates the U.S. Constitution and a Bill of Rights on many fundamental levels, not to mention that Bush and many members of his Administration are, essentially, though formally unindicted, blatant war criminals of the calibre of many who were tried at Nuremberg. And of course, his Administration's final "fuck you" to the American people - the bailout of the big banks, as his last lame duck act (something that many, many Republicans and others somehow quickly become dead-set convinced Obama was behind). And, unlike, Trump, Bush succeeded in pushing all of these agendas in his Presidency.

You make a strong argument, and I agree with it. Note that I used "potentially" for Trump. I didn't state that he was. 

47 minutes ago, Patine said:

(something that many, many Republicans and others somehow quickly become dead-set convinced Obama was behind)

This isn't entirely true.  The Tea Party was really started against big government Republicans (like how Bush governed).  The left wing groups (such as the Occupy Movement) garnered most of the attention, but Conservative groups spoke against the bailouts as well.  It just hit full strength during Obama, and they switched their focus due to the fact that there was new leadership.