270soft Forum
vcczar

What if: 2020 Election - Obama vs. Trump

I didn't take any photos or write down the exact results, but I "watched" a 2020 election in my latest 2020 update (not yet available for download. I ran only candidates that have been presidents or nominees. Thus, with the exception of Obama, all candidates were in their 70s. 

Republican Primary: Trump easily defeats Romney and GW Bush; although, Bush wins New Hampshire. 

Democratic Primary: Obama easily defeats B Clinton, H Clinton, and Gore. Obama wins every state, even though it took him longer to secure nomination. 

General Election: Obama defeats Trump with 59% of the vote and somewhere between 370-390 EVs. 

For some reason I feel like there's a "missing Obama" factor right now,people realized how genuine of a person he was,he was smooth,caring,and outgoing,and most of all likable. I think he'd do the best he has ever done in 2020. Off of that alone. 

23 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

caring

genuine

22 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Obama

Pick one.

For some reason I feel like there's a "missing Obama" factor right now,people realized how genuine of a person he was,he was smooth,caring,and outgoing,and most of all likable. I think he'd do the best he has ever done in 2020. Off of that alone. 

In all seriousness, the worst part about this is you're right, even though he's probably the least influential and most important two-term presidents ever, people love him.

54 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Pick one.

In all seriousness, the worst part about this is you're right, even though he's probably the least influential and most important two-term presidents ever, people love him.

Hell, I miss Obama right now.

3 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Hell, I miss Obama right now.

Obama was definitely thick-skinned, statesmanlike, and charming, even if most disagreed on everything else about him. Trump is none of those three things.