Jump to content
270soft Forum
NYrepublican

The FCC and text messages

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

How pray tell is texting an information service and not telecommunications exactly.https://www.marketwatch.com/story/senators-oppose-fcc-plan-for-rollback-of-net-neutrality-for-text-messages-2018-12-07

It's the power of the corporate lobby and the bribery of lawmakers by them (now legal in the U.S., thanks to the treasonous and seditious Supreme Court Ruling Citizen's United, as I've brought up before, which probably involved bribery of justices at some level itself). Corporations are rapidly becoming more powerful, de facto, than national government, even the U.S. government. The overt and undisguised corporate dictatorship sub-genre of the Dystopian Science Fiction genre, most popular and relevant when I was growing up in the '80's, seems less and less far-fetched as time quickly goes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

How pray tell is texting an information service and not telecommunications exactly.https://www.marketwatch.com/story/senators-oppose-fcc-plan-for-rollback-of-net-neutrality-for-text-messages-2018-12-07

Surely they mean no ill will by giving corporations control of what can and can't be sent using their services, I'm sure they'd stop at this, I mean as we all know Mussolini stopped of his own accord, right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, Patine said:

It's the power of the corporate lobby and the bribery of lawmakers by them (now legal in the U.S., thanks to the treasonous and seditious Supreme Court Ruling Citizen's United, as I've brought up before, which probably involved bribery of justices at some level itself). Corporations are rapidly becoming more powerful, de facto, than national government, even the U.S. government. The overt and undisguised corporate dictatorship sub-genre of the Dystopian Science Fiction genre, most popular and relevant when I was growing up in the '80's, seems less and less far-fetched as time quickly goes on.

 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, WVProgressive said:

Surely they mean no ill will by giving corporations control of what can and can't be sent using their services, I'm sure they'd stop at this, I mean as we all know Mussolini stopped of his own accord, right.

I suppose @NYrepublican must be fully satisfied with these two answers and have found them completely to his acceptance, given his almost four-day lack of a response. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 3:21 PM, WVProgressive said:

Surely they mean no ill will by giving corporations control of what can and can't be sent using their services, I'm sure they'd stop at this, I mean as we all know Mussolini stopped of his own accord, right.

Isn't the alternative letting the government control the internet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Isn't the alternative letting the government control the internet?

Please tell me how Government says not to prioritize certain traffic or charge fees to access certain websites = Government can censor unliked information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Please tell me how Government says not to prioritize certain traffic or charge fees to access certain websites = Government can censor unliked information.

 

11 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Isn't the alternative letting the government control the internet?

Yes, but here's the difference. Government - at least in theory, in First World Nations, if things are working at least a modicum or semblance of how they should - is bound by their national Constitutions (which in First World nations tend to restrict their power of legal overreach immensely - compared to Communist, Fascist, Theocratic, Militarist, tin-pot despotism, corrupt emerging Constitutional, and old-style Feudal, Monarchial, and Tribal governments) and by the limits of the upcoming ballot-box. Internationally-operating, mega-corporations, especially as they stand are today, and with the power and influence they wield and how they wield it, de facto do not suffer from those limitations, or any REAL analogously equally limiting ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Please tell me how Government says not to prioritize certain traffic or charge fees to access certain websites = Government can censor unliked information.

Government = Socialist = bad. 

30 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Isn't the alternative letting the government control the internet?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Corporations have too much power! It's time to start breaking them up, don't you think?

I think so, but a lot of people (not just the filthy rich, shareholders and proprietors of big corporations, high-level corporate manager and agents, and bribed and corrupted lawmakers by corporate lobbies, but actual workers and consumers being exploited, cheated, and taken advantage of thoroughly, inexplicably) believe corporate deregulation and their ability to do as they please, ignore laws binding common citizens, paying far less taxes proportionately, and getting away with all manners of dirty, deceitful, unethical, and even death-causing activities, even getting governments to fight wars solely for their enrichment, and these people have come to believe (or are taught or pressured to believe) that any rules, regulations, or restrictions away from this situation at all will create economic collapse and chaos, or will instantly become outright hard Socialism, or even complete Communism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...