Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

George H. W. Bush has died.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

debating garbage:all politics

sharing stupid videos, spamming dubious newsfeeds, and flaming each other day in and day out: Some families dinner tables back in the day.

 

You missed it again, @NYrepublican. And so did the @ThePotatoWalrus. I'm done with this particular thread. I'm wasting my time on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

It was a joke again. Have you no sense of humor?

I do have a sense of humour. But, as I said in PM last night, yours is odd and idiosyncratic, and not always funny by my reckoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 6:50 PM, Patine said:

Your lack of perspective, proportion, and context is so completely off and askew. And then, you tell people who objectively know better about certain situations from experience that their wrong in their statements compared to yours. Like the time you told me, as though you actually empirically knew better yourself, that I was wrong, a indeed Ronald Reagan HAD received JUST as much constant, intrusive, pernicious, tiresome, endless, and banal media attention, focus, doting, and day-in-and-day-out news stories on every little thing as Trump, and there's "no possible way a President like Reagan" could have been otherwise, and I was wrong. Or, like the time you said that media overexposure in general was something "that's always been there," and that I was whining about nothing, again, as though you empirically knew better than me. Well, you were very wrong. And you're view of pre- and post-1996 is also very wrong. Like I said, you utterly lack perspective, proportion, and context, and can't even accept that fact as being remotely possible, itself, either.

Patine, sometimes i don't wanna argue with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ido said:

Patine, sometimes i don't wanna argue with you

Well, fortunately, that post wasn't directed at you, @Ido, so take a breath of relief...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok then Patine, just the way you chat is very irritating tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah I got that, probably misquoted you or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2018 at 6:50 PM, Patine said:

Your lack of perspective, proportion, and context is so completely off and askew. And then, you tell people who objectively know better about certain situations from experience that their wrong in their statements compared to yours. Like the time you told me, as though you actually empirically knew better yourself, that I was wrong, a indeed Ronald Reagan HAD received JUST as much constant, intrusive, pernicious, tiresome, endless, and banal media attention, focus, doting, and day-in-and-day-out news stories on every little thing as Trump, and there's "no possible way a President like Reagan" could have been otherwise, and I was wrong. Or, like the time you said that media overexposure in general was something "that's always been there," and that I was whining about nothing, again, as though you empirically knew better than me. Well, you were very wrong. And you're view of pre- and post-1996 is also very wrong. Like I said, you utterly lack perspective, proportion, and context, and can't even accept that fact as being remotely possible, itself, either.

and kennedy dont forget his murder too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Presidentinsertname said:

and kennedy dont forget his murder too.

Ah, @Presidentinsertname, your absence has mad you no less clueless and out of touch than before, with just as semi-coherent and semi-nonsensical answers. Thank-you for your contribution to the conversation - jarring, irrelevant, and off-key as I remember all your old ones being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Hell, the US has had Trumps as President before too, so that isn't even new. Reagan and especially Teddy Roosevelt being the two biggest examples.

Reagan was nothing like Trump as a President. You're just faithfully and unquestioning parroting Trump's own arrogant, egotistical, and high-inaccurate self-comparisons to Reagan for his own self-promotion and self-aggrandizement. Reagan, as much as I disagree with most of his policies, was statesmanlike, dignified, witty, eloquent, and a clever debater and worked well for political compromise with political opposition, spoke as someone who knew what he was talking about, and was always coherent (at least while in office - I am certain that Alzheimer's tragically quickly destroyed all of that afterward :( ). Trump is NONE of those qualities at all, and I have my serious personal doubts about whether or not he would have had Reagan's personal respect in his political career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Hell, the US has had Trumps as President before too, so that isn't even new. Reagan and especially Teddy Roosevelt being the two biggest examples.

Not quite. While there may be some minor similarities both of these men, and their experience and temperaments, are different. They were outsiders in a sense, but they were politically experienced optimists, both whom inspired optimism and a level of respect from even their political opponents. We’ve never had anything like Trump. I think Andrew Johnson, who followed Lincoln into office, is the closest analogy, but even that’s inaccurate, considering Johnson was a self-made, rags to riches story. Trump is something new, and much too different to be considered even a mild repreat of the past, at least not in US History. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 3:51 PM, vcczar said:

Not quite. While there may be some minor similarities both of these men, and their experience and temperaments, are different. They were outsiders in a sense, but they were politically experienced optimists, both whom inspired optimism and a level of respect from even their political opponents. We’ve never had anything like Trump. I think Andrew Johnson, who followed Lincoln into office, is the closest analogy, but even that’s inaccurate, considering Johnson was a self-made, rags to riches story. Trump is something new, and much too different to be considered even a mild repreat of the past, at least not in US History. 

Nah, Trump and Teddy were both outspoken egoists obsessed with their masculinity who were both celebrities before taking office. But I will say Roosevelt is definitely 100x more interesting to study, probably the most interesting of all Presidents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Nah, Trump and Teddy were both outspoken egoists obsessed with their masculinity who were both celebrities before taking office. But I will say Roosevelt is definitely 100x more interesting to study, probably the most interesting of all Presidents.

Your posting style always leave the least illusion and makes it all the more blatantly obvious it's being typed by a teenager among all the remaining, commonly-posting teenage posters here. The rest, even ones I often disagree with on many issues, at least sound educated, erudite, and with above average intellectual expression. You give no such impression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Your posting style always leave the least illusion and makes it all the more blatantly obvious it's being typed by a teenager among all the remaining, commonly-posting teenage posters here. The rest, even ones I often disagree with on many issues, at least sound educated, erudite, and with above average intellectual expression. You give no such impression.

oh im sorry i wasn't alive during the spanish american war my bad sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

oh im sorry i wasn't alive during the spanish american war my bad sir

Thank-you for nailing my point forth even more firmly for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Thank-you for nailing my point forth even more firmly for me.

I just feel like what you said was a random, unsubstantiated attack on my character when I was just contributing to the conversation of Presidential comparisons. I get that we haven't had the best footing on things, but maybe attack my argument instead of me my homie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I just feel like what you said was a random, unsubstantiated attack on my character when I was just contributing to the conversation of Presidential comparisons. I get that we haven't had the best footing on things, but maybe attack my argument instead of me my homie.

I tried that first. You can scroll up and check. You responded with idiotic, unthought-out, ridiculous, and almost taunting responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patine said:

I tried that first. You can scroll up and check. You responded with idiotic, unthought-out, ridiculous, and almost taunting responses.

I don't really see anything I posted as idiotic after reading the entire thread. And since I don't have time to be as active lately, I was just responding in general unless I quoted somebody. Never really taunted anybody besides maybe the "grass is greener" statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I don't really see anything I posted as idiotic after reading the entire thread. And since I don't have time to be as active lately, I was just responding in general unless I quoted somebody. Never really taunted anybody besides maybe the "grass is greener" statement.

Your insistence that "nothing ever changes" is either delusional or nihilistic, but you refused to really back up that point of view except with lame non-answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I just feel like what you said was a random, unsubstantiated attack on my character when I was just contributing to the conversation of Presidential comparisons. I get that we haven't had the best footing on things, but maybe attack my argument instead of me my homie.

Well, the presidential comparisons were so weak as to appear juvenile, so I don't really blame @Patine for the comments that he says towards you. For the most part, his observations regarding you appear to be accurate. You're basically heading towards a pool of users I don't even respond to anymore because they just say things that are "delusional" or are "lame non-answers" as Patine says. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 9:48 AM, Presidentinsertname said:

and kennedy dont forget his murder too.

I think the point being made here is that if we're going to mention George HW Bush possibly having a hand in Reagan's attempted assassination, we should also mention the possibility that he was involved in JFK's assassination - a link that has been mentioned numerous times, to the point where even Bush himself made a reference to this theory when he was still alive, at Gerald Ford's funeral.

Everyone is, of course, free to discuss and/or think about it as either an intriguing possibility or crackpot nonsense, but if the "Bush tried to kill Reagan" theory is here, we should also be reading about the "Bush had a hand in killing JFK" theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, darkmoon72 said:

I think the point being made here is that if we're going to mention George HW Bush possibly having a hand in Reagan's attempted assassination, we should also mention the possibility that he was involved in JFK's assassination - a link that has been mentioned numerous times, to the point where even Bush himself made a reference to this theory when he was still alive, at Gerald Ford's funeral.

Everyone is, of course, free to discuss and/or think about it as either an intriguing possibility or crackpot nonsense, but if the "Bush tried to kill Reagan" theory is here, we should also be reading about the "Bush had a hand in killing JFK" theory.

While I'm not one to glorify GHW Bush, I can't see him taking part in any assassination of a US politician. I think for all his faults, he was at least a patriot. I think he was capable of doing such things against other countries  but not against his own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, darkmoon72 said:

I think the point being made here is that if we're going to mention George HW Bush possibly having a hand in Reagan's attempted assassination, we should also mention the possibility that he was involved in JFK's assassination - a link that has been mentioned numerous times, to the point where even Bush himself made a reference to this theory when he was still alive, at Gerald Ford's funeral.

Everyone is, of course, free to discuss and/or think about it as either an intriguing possibility or crackpot nonsense, but if the "Bush tried to kill Reagan" theory is here, we should also be reading about the "Bush had a hand in killing JFK" theory.

Oh, I wasn't quite clear that's what Presidentinsertname was actually referring to. For some reason, I thought he was trying to say something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...