270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Scenario for download here

16 hours ago, vcczar said:

I will win I have time. Really busy for the best 4 weeks, which is why I haven’t been posting often. How much more money did you give Dems and Reps? I’m using the 2016 numbers. 

200M each from party funds, but I also raised the cost of ads a ton to compensate.

15 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

200M each from party funds, but I also raised the cost of ads a ton to compensate.

Out of curiosity (I haven't had a good chance to seriously play either, yet, so I'll ask her) have you (or @vcczar) figured out a way to get Internet ads to function even remotely realistically?

1 hour ago, SirLagsalott said:

Thanks, I weakened the Green Party and Liberty party campaign strengths, and I increased the funding for the parties slightly. I haven't changed the ad costs yet, but only because I didn't increase the funding to the level that you did. I'll probably change this if it doesn't work correctly. 

3 hours ago, Patine said:

Out of curiosity (I haven't had a good chance to seriously play either, yet, so I'll ask her) have you (or @vcczar) figured out a way to get Internet ads to function even remotely realistically?

I've been messing with it a lot, but it's not fully balanced yet. Primarily, I raised the cost so it's no longer absurdly cheap to do, and I also nerfed its effects a lot so that it's only usable on issues you've focused on extremely well - but even then it won't have a major effect. I might remove the universal ability from them altogether.

20 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

@vcczar

Can you release a scenario with the newest polling out that has Beto around 9%?

Yeah I can do that. It might be week. I have lot of grading and other end of semester stuff starting at the end of this week.