270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Scenario for download here

Here is the 2020 Scenario. I've updated the candidates, the polls, the endorsers, and candidate ratings. I have not changed the issues, candidate colors, and some other things. I could use some feedback on the issues. I don't really want to mess with candidate colors until we have a better idea of who is running.  

I am not uploading this to the campaign download page, so it can only be downloaded here. I will move it up to the campaign download page after I get some constructive feedback. 

Here is the 2020 scenario. Constructive feedback is requested: 

United States - 2020 (Nov2018-Update).zip

I realize I forgot that West Virginia guy. I’ll add him when I get some feedback on the update. @TheMiddlePolitical

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Here is the 2020 Scenario. I've updated the candidates, the polls, the endorsers, and candidate ratings. I have not changed the issues, candidate colors, and some other things. I could use some feedback on the issues. I don't really want to mess with candidate colors until we have a better idea of who is running.  

I am not uploading this to the campaign download page, so it can only be downloaded here. I will move it up to the campaign download page after I get some constructive feedback. 

Here is the 2020 scenario. Constructive feedback is requested: 

United States - 2020 (Nov2018-Update).zip

I'll try to give it a try. As I've said, though, there are quite a few scenarios you've announced in that last year or two that I have a lot more interest in, personally, but I'll try to squeeze some time in.

I'll check it out this evening.

55 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I realize I forgot that West Virginia guy. I’ll add him when I get some feedback on the update. @TheMiddlePolitical

I chuckled, since you spent so time saying how he will get 0% in Iowa; and Ojeda got 0% of your mind. But as always, keep up the excellent work! I look forward running a game of this when I get home. 

Seems fun. I was Sherrod Brown in the primaries and placed 2nd in delegates behind Biden. At the Convention, I nearly stole it, but Bernie gave his delegates to Biden at the last second. Biden would go on to win the general by capturing Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Iowa from Trump. 

I added a few candidates and took some away, but I think that the game is really pretty accurate. For starting candidates - I think Gillibrand should be included. 

2 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Seems fun. I was Sherrod Brown in the primaries and placed 2nd in delegates behind Biden. At the Convention, I nearly stole it, but Bernie gave his delegates to Biden at the last second. Biden would go on to win the general by capturing Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Iowa from Trump. 

I added a few candidates and took some away, but I think that the game is really pretty accurate. For starting candidates - I think Gillibrand should be included. 

Odd. Sanders would support Brown in real life. Thanks for letting me know how it played out. 

I added Ojeda to the latest internal version. Will wait for more feedback and constructive criticism before releasing it. 

Awesome @vcczar I'll check it out now!

maybe you could add bios to the new candidates

17 minutes ago, Ido said:

maybe you could add bios to the new candidates

I’ll do that when favorability comes out. We will have a better clue on the motivations on who is running by then. 

btw O'Rourke said he isn't running in 2020

59 minutes ago, Ido said:

On the same day he said he isn’t closing the door on running either. So we don’t really know. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, vcczar said:

Odd. Sanders would support Brown in real life. Thanks for letting me know how it played out. 

Yes he would. Sherrod Brown is cool. He got reelected in a state Trump won by 10 points by 6 points and he ran a progressive and populist campaign. The total opposite of Joe Donnelly and Claire McCaskill who both ran unexciting and non-populist campaigns. 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Ido said:

He says he hasn't made a decision. I personally would like to see him run for another office in 2020 than President. He should run for Senate against John Cornyn.

I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else had played this scenario?

8 hours ago, Talique said:

Yes he would. Sherrod Brown is cool. He got reelected in a state Trump won by 10 points by 6 points and he ran a progressive and populist campaign. The total opposite of Joe Donnelly and Claire McCaskill who both ran unexciting and non-populist campaigns. 

The difference is Ohio vs Indiana/Missouri. They are entirely different states. Democrats have histories of success in Ohio, whereas not so much in Indiana and Missouri. They had to run campaigns based upon their respective states.

@vcczar if you want I can try another run lol

21 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

The difference is Ohio vs Indiana/Missouri. They are entirely different states. Democrats have histories of success in Ohio, whereas not so much in Indiana and Missouri. They had to run campaigns based upon their respective states.

@vcczar if you want I can try another run lol

That would be helpful. I did a run. Biden lost to Trump. 

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else had played this scenario?

I have some time waiting in the airport. So here goes nothing. I will post an update when I finish!

I played through only two times so far.

The first time I lost playing as Trump. I started out as Romney and won a good amount of the states but lost the nomination. I then became Trump and then went on to lose the general. WHAT I DID NOT EXPECT was Stein somehow winning Arizona, without anything being changed with her, and Biden and I both vigorously ad-attacked and campaigned in AZ. It was also really weird that Trump had more individual votes, but still lost the electoral college, EVEN if he had won AZ. ALSO HOW DID HE WIN NEW MEXICO???

Second time, I beat Biden for the Dem nomination after getting the endorsements of all the candidates as they dropped out of the race for the dem nom. Biden led the race all the way to the convention and then I beat him in the sixth ballot by like 100 delegates. I still don't know how I won Texas. Also important to note was that when looking over the results for a few of the close states, I found CO had a ton of votes for the Libertarian??? I thought I screenshotted but its not in my screenshots, so I'll play a few more times and see if I can find anything else like that.

2020results.PNG

2020results2.PNG

@AmericanChaos

thanks for posting your results. Yes, the 3rd parties are too strong, regardless of how weak you make them, it seems. I’m going to reduce their support to 0% in every state so they don’t win over random states. I doubt they get more than 0.4% of the vote in 2020. I think 2016 was a good year since both nominees of the major parties were historically terrible nominees. 

The Democratic ticket was Beto/Amy Klobachar. A perfect ticket where Beto can focus on the sunbelt, and Klobachar focus on the midwest. Interesting tidbits: Ohio barely went for the Democratic Party, while Texas easily voted for the former Congressman. Georgia was decided by a couple thousand votes, and the once longtime swingstate- Missouri- went 61% Trump. The Democratic Party's strongest state was California with 74.3%. Trump's best state was Indiana with 69%(West Virginia was 61.8).

Untitled.png

I haven't played your scenario since early 2018, but in my scenario to prevent unrealistic third party surges I gave partisan boosts to the Republican and Democratic candidates in October and November which helps mitigate absurd negative momentum that causes randomly strong performances by third parties. The electorate is more undecided and partisan, and the money gap between the major parties and minor parties is significantly more exaggerated than usual. Doing that should help a lot.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:59 PM, AmericanChaos said:

I played through only two times so far.

The first time I lost playing as Trump. I started out as Romney and won a good amount of the states but lost the nomination. I then became Trump and then went on to lose the general. WHAT I DID NOT EXPECT was Stein somehow winning Arizona, without anything being changed with her, and Biden and I both vigorously ad-attacked and campaigned in AZ. It was also really weird that Trump had more individual votes, but still lost the electoral college, EVEN if he had won AZ. ALSO HOW DID HE WIN NEW MEXICO???

Second time, I beat Biden for the Dem nomination after getting the endorsements of all the candidates as they dropped out of the race for the dem nom. Biden led the race all the way to the convention and then I beat him in the sixth ballot by like 100 delegates. I still don't know how I won Texas. Also important to note was that when looking over the results for a few of the close states, I found CO had a ton of votes for the Libertarian??? I thought I screenshotted but its not in my screenshots, so I'll play a few more times and see if I can find anything else like that.

2020results.PNG

2020results2.PNG

I could actually see the second scenario happening, but with a smaller Democrat winning %.