270soft Forum
vcczar

2020 Candidates (Who is running)

I'm updating my 2020 Scenario. I have the following candidates ON and OFF. Let me know if you disagree. 

Republicans: Trump, Kasich, and Flake are ON. All other Republicans, including Collins, Murkowski, Sasse, Hogan, Kristol and other anti-Trump Republicans are OFF.

[I had toyed with having them all on as "undecided" but they never seem to jump in and it only slows the game down. So I decided to go back to having only Kasich and Flake as ON and actively running.]

Democrats: Biden, Sanders, Warren, Booker, Harris, Brown, O'Rourke, Castro, Swalwell, Delaney are ON. Other names floated around are off, including Clinton, Hickenlooper, Bloomberg, Klobuchar, Holder, Avenatti, Steyer, Bullock, Merkley, Inslee, O'Malley, Moulton, Gabbard, etc.

[I keep flipping people off an on. It's hard to tell which reports to take seriously. At this point, I think Booker, Harris, and Delaney are the most certain ON candidates.]

It's really cool you have people like Avenatti in the scenario. It's obvious he wouldn't run hes just looking for attention but it'd still be nice to see what'd happen if he ran.

59 minutes ago, wolves said:

It's really cool you have people like Avenatti in the scenario. It's obvious he wouldn't run hes just looking for attention but it'd still be nice to see what'd happen if he ran.

oof

can't wait for the scenario tho

tellmewhoyouvebeaten.jpg

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I'm updating my 2020 Scenario. I have the following candidates ON and OFF. Let me know if you disagree. 

Republicans: Trump, Kasich, and Flake are ON. All other Republicans, including Collins, Murkowski, Sasse, Hogan, Kristol and other anti-Trump Republicans are OFF.

[I had toyed with having them all on as "undecided" but they never seem to jump in and it only slows the game down. So I decided to go back to having only Kasich and Flake as ON and actively running.]

Democrats: Biden, Sanders, Warren, Booker, Harris, Brown, O'Rourke, Castro, Swalwell, Delaney are ON. Other names floated around are off, including Clinton, Hickenlooper, Bloomberg, Klobuchar, Holder, Avenatti, Steyer, Bullock, Merkley, Inslee, O'Malley, Moulton, Gabbard, etc.

[I keep flipping people off an on. It's hard to tell which reports to take seriously. At this point, I think Booker, Harris, and Delaney are the most certain ON candidates.]

Are you including Richard Ojeda? The West Virginian that ran in the 3rd Congressional District. I think he will be an interesting add on considering he might be the most socially conservative candidate running right now.

I think Klobuchar should be on. The others I mostly agree with.

I disagree with a couple of these, but the only one I very strongly disagree with is Bloomberg. He's made some moves that I think strongly indicate that he is running.

Garcetti has also been making moves indicating a run, but he's not even listed here.

33 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Garcetti has also been making moves indicating a run, but he's not even listed here.

He’s in my scenario. I just forgot to mention him in the OFF area. He’s an etc. I have like 20 more people for both parties. 

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Are you including Richard Ojeda? The West Virginian that ran in the 3rd Congressional District. I think he will be an interesting add on considering he might be the most socially conservative candidate running right now.

I don’t even think he’ll be invited to the debates. I’ll add him one he polls 1% in a poll

I'd really like to see Ojeda in the scenario,he's the one Democrat I'm full go for. (also his campaign logo is amazing and badass) 

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I'd really like to see Ojeda in the scenario,he's the one Democrat I'm full go for. (also his campaign logo is amazing and badass) 

I might add him just for you. He won’t be a very strong candidate outside of WV. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I might add him just for you. He won’t be a very strong candidate outside of WV. 

Thank you! I think he has almost a 0% chance of winning the primary,but so did Trump,so who knows!

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Thank you! I think he has almost a 0% chance of winning the primary,but so did Trump,so who knows!

Yeah, I didn't think Trump would win a primary until January 2016. The establishment field was so huge that it spread the out the anti-Trump vote. I'm glad Trump won rather than Cruz, as much as I dislike Trump. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, I didn't think Trump would win a primary until January 2016. The establishment field was so huge that it spread the out the anti-Trump vote. I'm glad Trump won rather than Cruz, as much as I dislike Trump. 

Yeah Cruz would of eh...been...terrible. (If you believe Trump is,even more so)

8 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

tellmewhoyouvebeaten.jpg

I can't believe this is actually (still) on his site...

15 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

Avenatti imo is 99% gonna run. He released on twitter a few weeks ago a list of his standpoints on key issues, which to me is a big "I'm running flag". Could be wrong though, but alas.

Even in the wake of his abuse scandal? I mean sure he still might, if it gives him another excuse to be on tv.

17 hours ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

Avenatti imo is 99% gonna run. He released on twitter a few weeks ago a list of his standpoints on key issues, which to me is a big "I'm running flag". Could be wrong though, but alas.

I find it slightly ironic that there are a number of people who want Avenatti to be the Democratic nominee in 2020. Who better to take on a fame-hungry populist demagogue than a fame-hungry shady lawyer? That's the American way I guess

8 minutes ago, LegolasRedbard said:

I find it slightly ironic that there are a number of people who want Avenatti to be the Democratic nominee in 2020. Who better to take on a fame-hungry populist demagogue than a fame-hungry shady lawyer? That's the American way I guess

He got 0% in a Democratic primary poll that included him. 

Bloomberg should be on in my opinion. Probably have O’Rourke and Castro off. I think McAuliffe will run as part of the Clinton faction. 

1 hour ago, SirLagsalott said:

Bloomberg should be on in my opinion. Probably have O’Rourke and Castro off. I think McAuliffe will run as part of the Clinton faction. 

Castro is meeting with presidential donors already. He's sending a stronger signal for a run than McAuliffe, Bloomberg, or O'Rourke. 

1 hour ago, SirLagsalott said:

I agree that O'Rourke should be off. Most Democrats would have supported him would he have won in Texas - but now, I don't see him gaining ground. A US Rep. has rarely been elected to the Presidency, and I think the party would keep that in mind. His support would be lower than a former cabinet official, senator, or governor. 

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I agree that O'Rourke should be off. Most Democrats would have supported him would he have won in Texas - but now, I don't see him gaining ground. A US Rep. has rarely been elected to the Presidency, and I think the party would keep that in mind. His support would be lower than a former cabinet official, senator, or governor. 

Iowa Democrats have invited O'Rourke to Iowa, presumably because there is interest in him there. He also scored 8%---3rd place---in the latest poll. This is below Biden and Sanders and above Booker, Harris and everyone else. 

Just now, vcczar said:

Iowa Democrats have invited O'Rourke to Iowa, presumably because there is interest in him there. He also scored 8%---3rd place---in the latest poll. This is below Biden and Sanders and above Booker, Harris and everyone else. 

Get ready to constantly add a bunch of "undecided" candidates right now! 😂

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This is likely because of the post-election celebrations. It will fade as the national attention turns to Washington again, as the legislative cycle begins, and he isn't there.