270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Delaney/Becerra defeats Trump/Pence in 2020

I seriously doubt such a ticket would be winning for Democrats, but Delaney/Becerra defeated Trump/Pence in President Infinity today. I played as "watcher" to see how well Beto O'Rourke would do (he dropped out after Super Tuesday). The Democratic Convention was deadlocked with Biden, Delaney, Sanders, Booker as the frontrunners. After several ballots, it came down to Delaney vs. Sanders, with Biden making the final decisions. Delaney got Biden's endorsement. The selection of Becerra was surprising, since I thought he would have picked someone closer to Sanders. 

I expected Trump to bounce back in the polls after the Democrats fielded a weak ticket, but he seems to take a break during the General Election. Delaney won with about the same score that Trump won with in 2016, but Delaney won the popular vote.

For whatever reason, the computer seems to be more active in the primaries than the general election. 

On 11/10/2018 at 11:26 PM, vcczar said:

I seriously doubt such a ticket would be winning for Democrats, but Delaney/Becerra defeated Trump/Pence in President Infinity today. I played as "watcher" to see how well Beto O'Rourke would do (he dropped out after Super Tuesday). The Democratic Convention was deadlocked with Biden, Delaney, Sanders, Booker as the frontrunners. After several ballots, it came down to Delaney vs. Sanders, with Biden making the final decisions. Delaney got Biden's endorsement. The selection of Becerra was surprising, since I thought he would have picked someone closer to Sanders. 

I expected Trump to bounce back in the polls after the Democrats fielded a weak ticket, but he seems to take a break during the General Election. Delaney won with about the same score that Trump won with in 2016, but Delaney won the popular vote.

For whatever reason, the computer seems to be more active in the primaries than the general election. 

The computer spends its money quickly and is generally poor at fundraising to bounce back up. For some reason this matchup causes some weird stuff to happen in my scenario too, though I substituted Gov. Gavin Newsom for Becerra. Both candidates annihilated each other in momentum and it ended with some strange margins.

image.thumb.png.20febacda971280e8e33637e0f14f76e.png

I've been focusing specifically on adjusting %s and positions to prevent that sort of stuff from happening but momentum overpowers all. In Arizona, Delaney had something like -30 momentum and Trump only had about -4 with the percentages being even, and Trump won 64-33.

10 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

The computer spends its money quickly and is generally poor at fundraising to bounce back up. For some reason this matchup causes some weird stuff to happen in my scenario too, though I substituted Gov. Gavin Newsom for Becerra. Both candidates annihilated each other in momentum and it ended with some strange margins.

image.thumb.png.20febacda971280e8e33637e0f14f76e.png

I've been focusing specifically on adjusting %s and positions to prevent that sort of stuff from happening but momentum overpowers all. In Arizona, Delaney had something like -30 momentum and Trump only had about -4 with the percentages being even, and Trump won 64-33.

Yeah, I hope @admin_270 solves these issues.