Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Beto O'Rourke ratings

Recommended Posts

I'm going to add Beto O'Rourke as a 2020 candidate. How would you rank O'Rourke in these categories? I'll post my opinion, but I'd like feedback. I'm using @admin_270 new 10 point system. 

Leadership: 5 (could see a 4, considering he hasn't held many leadership positions)

Experience: 4 (I don't tend to give US Reps a lot of experience points)

Integrity: 8

Charisma: 8 (Could also see a 7)

Debate: 6 (could also see a 5)

Issue Knowledge: 5 (could also see a 6)

His campaign will be weak, as is expected for a US Rep. He may start with a higher ground support than most US Reps would have, however.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think it suits him well, he is fairly charismatic, he can be a bit stronger version of Kander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His integrity would be more a 6,I mean the man dropped an F-bomb at his concession speech and put other lives in danger with a DUI...However I do like him so I'm not being biased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

His integrity would be more a 6,I mean the man dropped an F-bomb at his concession speech and put other lives in danger with a DUI...However I do like him so I'm not being biased. 

I don't think the F-bomb thing is really an impact. In fact, it's argued that it makes him more authentic. You do have a good point about the DUI. I'm wondering how much that matters. I feel like GW Bush's DUI's (which were way more numerous) had no impact on his perceived integrity, whatever one thought it was. 

Let's see what others in this former think of the DUI as integrity restricting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don't think the F-bomb thing is really an impact. In fact, it's argued that it makes him more authentic. You do have a good point about the DUI. I'm wondering how much that matters. I feel like GW Bush's DUI's (which were way more numerous) had no impact on his perceived integrity, whatever one thought it was. 

Let's see what others in this former think of the DUI as integrity restricting. 

A single DUI in the late 1980's destroyed the career of a British Columbia Premier (Bill Vander Zalm) and forced his resignation from that office, and from politics completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leadership: 8 (he hasn't held many leadership positions, but he ran a fantastic campaign proving his leadership abilities which I think should increase his leadership rating greatly)

Experience: 4 (anywhere in the 3-5 range would be fine)

Integrity: 7

Charisma: 9

Debate: 6 

Issue Knowledge: 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patine said:

A single DUI in the late 1980's destroyed the career of a British Columbia Premier (Bill Vander Zalm) and forced his resignation from that office, and from politics completely.

Honestly I'd put it at a 5/6,Trumps at a 3. I think an 8 is someone like Paul Wellstone,Jeff Flake,Carl Levin,To name some more modern ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×