270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ThePotatoWalrus

Texas Race

ummm, Cruz is down about half a percent with 72% of the vote in lmao. Good to see him go, but idk about O'Rouke lmao

In Ohio the race is like 1.5% in favor of Sherrod Brown, of course it is. F

Also looks like Scott will win Florida and WV will stay with Manchin. Interesting election. Looks like the Senate will be split 50-50 if these stay the same.

cruzlosing.png

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

ummm, Cruz is down about half a percent with 72% of the vote in lmao. Good to see him go, but idk about O'Rouke lmao

In Ohio the race is like 1.5% in favor of Sherrod Brown, of course it is. F

Also looks like Scott will win Florida and WV will stay with Manchin. Interesting election. Looks like the Senate will be split 50-50 if these stay the same.

cruzlosing.png

Again, more than two real choices would be nice. It would even give the voters, you know, ACTUAL choice, instead of the insulting illusion of it...

Just now, Patine said:

Again, more than two real choices would be nice. It would even give the voters, you know, ACTUAL choice, instead of the insulting illusion of it...

I'm 90% sure that Texas has a Libertarian and Green party.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'm 90% sure that Texas has a Libertarian and Green party.

My point went over your head again. You're such a limited-scope, over-literal, short-term thinker. Like a huge number of the political leaders and captains of industry in this world who are collectively driving all of civilization into ruin and an inevitable and foreseeable demise.

This race was far closer than I imagined it could've been. For a couple of hours that night, I legitimately thought Beto O'Rourke was going to win.

Not only this, looking at the results map, Beto O'Rourke had even flipped some conservative leaning counties, such as Tarrant County. This year, the Democrats ran up the vote in the urban areas much more than they did in 2012. Cruz won Harris County in 2012 by a 20,000 vote margin, and lost it in 2018 by over 200,000 votes. Many other urban areas within Texas have been purple, however this election they voted solidly blue. Could this be a warning sign to republicans that the state's demographics are changing, and that they must fix their message?

2018 Race Results:

1024px-Results_of_the_2018_Senate_electi

2012 Results:

Texas_Senate_Election_Results_by_County,