Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

What’s Wrong With Politics Poll

What’s Wrong With Politics Today?  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Are the following bad for America? Click those that apply.

    • Only two major parties
    • Republicans becoming too conservative
    • Democrats become too liberal
    • SC Justices appointments becoming too politicized.
    • Nasty rhetoric on both sides
    • Populism, both Sanders and Trump
    • Too many candidates and office holders older than 70.
    • Too much big money donors in elections
    • Lack of regular bipartisanship
    • Use of social media to sway voters
    • Lack of neutrality of the mainstream media
    • Fake News outlets like Info Wars and Drudge Report.
    • Lack of a separation of church and state
    • Too much secularism
    • Too much focus on identity politics
    • The military-industrial complex
    • Lack of real quality politicians
    • Lack of informed voters
    • Something else (list below)


Recommended Posts

New poll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, POLITICALBOMB said:

I wanted to add that we don't have term limits for certain Political positions. that cause problems as well.

Good point. Also, where in Texas are you located? I was born in Dallas, but I also lived in Austin, San Marcos, Greenville, Plano, Richardson at various times in my life. Mostly Dallas, Austin, and San Marcos though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Good point. Also, where in Texas are you located? I was born in Dallas, but I also lived in Austin, San Marcos, Greenville, Plano, Richardson at various times in my life. Mostly Dallas, Austin, and San Marcos though. 

 Born in Dallas and stayed in Dallas all my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, POLITICALBOMB said:

 

 Born in Dallas and stayed in Dallas all my life.

What high school did you go to? Except for brief stays in Greenville, Plano, and Richardson, I lived in Dallas my entire life until I moved away for college. I'm still a Dallas Cowboy fan, even though I've spent a lot of time in NYC and am now in Philadelphia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, POLITICALBOMB said:

I'm actually a High School student right now.

Oh ok, never mind. I graduated before you born. Wow, that makes me feel old. I went to Highland Park High School. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, vcczar said:

New poll

There we go. Most of them on the list. Note, though, I didn't choose "Republicans becoming too conservative" or "Democrats becoming too liberal" because I personally believe the words "conservative' and "liberal" and what they actually and really mean, as well as certainly words like "socialist," "social democratic," "communist," "fascist," "Nazi," and even, sadly "liberty," "Christian," and "Moslem" are not nearly as properly used by definition or understood by so Americans as they should be, given how often they come up in rhetoric. In fact, @NYrepublican gave a quote to me a while back from a Rabbi when I was using some term (I can't remember incorrectly) highly incorrectly to the detriment of what I was saying that "concise definition of language was essential" (I'm probably paraphrasing it there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, vcczar said:

What high school did you go to? Except for brief stays in Greenville, Plano, and Richardson, I lived in Dallas my entire life until I moved away for college. I'm still a Dallas Cowboy fan, even though I've spent a lot of time in NYC and am now in Philadelphia. 

Cowboys fan in Philadelphia of all places lmao, bet you get a lot of hate for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Patine said:

There we go. Most of them on the list. Note, though, I didn't choose "Republicans becoming too conservative" or "Democrats becoming too liberal" because I personally believe the words "conservative' and "liberal" and what they actually and really mean, as well as certainly words like "socialist," "social democratic," "communist," "fascist," "Nazi," and even, sadly "liberty," "Christian," and "Moslem" are not nearly as properly used by definition or understood by so Americans as they should be, given how often they come up in rhetoric. In fact, @NYrepublican gave a quote to me a while back from a Rabbi when I was using some term (I can't remember incorrectly) highly incorrectly to the detriment of what I was saying that "concise definition of language was essential" (I'm probably paraphrasing it there).

It wasn't from a Rabbi it was from a book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×