270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lizphairphreak

Taylor Swift 2020?

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, NYConservative said:

Suprisingly, the South really isn't huge on Country- in fact, no place is except for the small towns etc, like where I am.

Marketing and music sales data statistics, please?

On 11/3/2018 at 9:45 PM, lizphairphreak said:

Added Taylor Swift as a potential third party candidate into VCCzar's 2020 scenario, despite her age. Used this map of her popularity to make some (very!) loose percentages by state.

Image result for taylor swift popularity map

Starting a playthrough now, starting at January 1, 2020. Swift has good or very good relationships with most candidates aside from Trump, who she has a "bad" relationship with. The candidates I have on are Trump and Kasich for the GOP, Jill Stein for the Greens, and Biden, Sanders, Harris, Booker, Gillibrand, Warren, and Gabbard for the Dems.

Swift is beginning at a 13.6% nationally (the game did some math with the semi-nonsense I gave) and is Not Seeking. Will update if this turns out fun.

what program did you use?

On 12/17/2018 at 5:14 PM, lizphairphreak said:

So, after today's news from Tennessee, if anyone has a TN 2020 senatorial campaign in the works... Swift will be 30 next year and therefore old enough to become a senator.. just a thought.......

considering what happen to the last guy who was running for senate who she endorse i dont think she winning anything in the state.

On 11/15/2018 at 1:47 PM, NYConservative said:

Suprisingly, the South really isn't huge on Country- in fact, no place is except for the small towns etc, like where I am.

Have to remember that large swaths of the south is heavily black- a demographic that typically doesn't listen to country music.

1 hour ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Have to remember that large swaths of the south is heavily black- a demographic that typically doesn't listen to country music.

You'd never know that by most of the politicians who get elected from the South - even 54 years after the Voters' Rights Acts...

11 hours ago, Patine said:

You'd never know that by most of the politicians who get elected from the South - even 54 years after the Voters' Rights Acts...

Eh. We shouldn't confuse land area and overall population. But even then 90% of southern whites vote Republican, essentially negating the sizable black population.

9 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Eh. We shouldn't confuse land area and overall population. But even then 90% of southern whites vote Republican, essentially negating the sizable black population.

Yeah, if, to take your state, for example, SC-6 wasn't drawn to get a black majority, Jim Clyburn would have a tough re-election race every year.

17 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Yeah, if, to take your state, for example, SC-6 wasn't drawn to get a black majority, Jim Clyburn would have a tough re-election race every year.

This compact 538 map proves your theory. He could run for reelection in the redrawn 2nd District(Columbia and its suburbs such as Lexington County) but that will difficult in a Republican friendly year. The 6th includes Orangeburg(home to SC State, the state's only historically black college), so it'll give Clyburn a slight edge. However the district also includes Beaufort County(home to a large military population, and many retirees); so once again in a Republican year he will most likely lose- and we haven't even gotten.  I should note, that if we were to make compact districts, no district in SC would have a majority black voting population. 

8 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

This compact 538 map proves your theory. He could run for reelection in the redrawn 2nd District(Columbia and its suburbs such as Lexington County) but that will difficult in a Republican friendly year. The 6th includes Orangeburg(home to SC State, the state's only historically black college), so it'll give Clyburn a slight edge. However the district also includes Beaufort County(home to a large military population, and many retirees); so once again in a Republican year he will most likely lose- and we haven't even gotten.  I should note, that if we were to make compact districts, no district in SC would have a majority black voting population. 

Yes, I recently did I project in the endeavor of getting every state to have compact districts, that how I happened to know about South Carolina and Clyburn's case.

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Yes, I recently did I project in the endeavor of getting every state to have compact districts, that how I happened to know about South Carolina and Clyburn's case.

Yeah I've been experimenting with the redistricting app/website to see how Congress might look if the Wyoming Rule was implemented. Also, I think SC and Arkansas are the only southern states that would not have a minority-majority district if we were to adopt a compact district rule.

45 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Yeah I've been experimenting with the redistricting app/website to see how Congress might look if the Wyoming Rule was implemented. Also, I think SC and Arkansas are the only southern states that would not have a minority-majority district if we were to adopt a compact district rule.

If you put Kentucky in the South, it wouldn't either.