270soft Forum
Patine

Advice for Certain Party Leader Situation in PMI

@admin_270

I seem to have gotten past the previously reported issues with the PMI and CI editors. But now I have a question. In PMI, in the Party Leader profiles, it asks for you to select from a drop-down the constituency they're running in. I'm currently working on an election scenario that actually makes that a bit challenging. I'm doing the 1935 Alberta General Election. In it, the Alberta Social Credit Association, running it's very first election, didn't actually really intend to win enough seats to form a government - they're plan and prognosis was to form a powerful enough legislative bloc to pressure the new government to adopt Major C.H. Douglas' Social Credit monetary policy mixed with the Alberta Social Credit Association's founder and president, the Reverend William "Bible Bill" Aberhart's Evangelical Baptist Christian Social Conservative doctrine, and even to be in a kingmaker role if a minority government was elected. Because of this, the Social Credit went into the election effectively "headless" (without an official party leader), as Aberhart did not actually run in the General Election itself, though he was very much strongly and powerfully the campaign leader, making most of the biggest and most frequent campaign and stump speeches, organizing the campaign and tactics, wording the ads and campaign himself, speaking personally in radio ads, etc., and was obvious to everyone in Alberta as the de facto Social Credit leader indisputably - but not running for a seat himself. When the Social Credit shocked and surprised everyone - including themselves - and won in a landslide - the biggest political upset and turnover in a single election in all of North American history, in fact - they needed a leader to be Premier, and it was only THEN that Aberhart ran in a by-election in a constituency in Southern Alberta, near Lethbridge (though he was resident in Calgary), several months after the election. What should I enter in the Party Leader profile as his home constituency?

I would put Aberhart, and put his constituency as where he ran in the by-election. But, for that constituency in the game, put whoever was the actual candidate.

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I would put Aberhart, and put his constituency as where he ran in the by-election. But, for that constituency in the game, put whoever was the actual candidate.

Thank-you!