270soft Forum
Ido

Project Israel

Yeah I'm waiting for the party submission deadline in February 21st to make a 2019 scenario

Also we should really give Peres a better pic in 1996

On 2/1/2019 at 12:44 PM, Ido said:

Yeah I'm waiting for the party submission deadline in February 21st to make a 2019 scenario

Also we should really give Peres a better pic in 1996

IK

@NYrepublican I'm working on a new model for Israeli elections, since a lot of parties aren't very clear on policies, I'll minimize the amount of issues in the scenario, but I added a new issue called "Identity" which makes parties that cater to specific groups of people (let's say Russian Jews) more accurate, I'll use PMI for that, and all the parties will be present (even though Patine won't be satisfied because it's only the parties that appear in the polls). my first scenario in this new model will be the 2019 election

1 hour ago, Ido said:

@NYrepublican I'm working on a new model for Israeli elections, since a lot of parties aren't very clear on policies, I'll minimize the amount of issues in the scenario, but I added a new issue called "Identity" which makes parties that cater to specific groups of people (let's say Russian Jews) more accurate, I'll use PMI for that, and all the parties will be present (even though Patine won't be satisfied because it's only the parties that appear in the polls). my first scenario in this new model will be the 2019 election

I think some of these smaller Israeli parties are similar enough in ideology and far more likely to gravitate to the same coalitions that some glombing together could be done. Since K4E still has, as one of it's biggest flaws (along with a maximum of 70 separate political regions on a scenario map being recognized) a 16-party limit, I admit, I'm often more willing to engage in that kind of tactic than leave parties out entirely, if possible. I just like to make sure I can justify enough ideological similarity, and all such parties being small, to feel right in doing that. But I admit, it's something I have done, and have planned for in future K4E scenarios.

yeah I don't blame you for wanting max representation but I have like 12 parties already, so it should be expansive enough @Patine

P.S I'm trying to differentiate the parties via the Identity issue

1 minute ago, Ido said:

yeah I don't blame you for wanting max representation but I have like 12 parties already, so it should be expansive enough @Patine

How about adding a "Minor Arab," Minor Revisionist Zionist," and MAYBE a third such "glombing bloc?"

I mean I have all the major religious parties, the Arab parties pretty much united under the Joint List and the New Yamin is getting the revisionist vote, I don't really see any point in mentioning them beyond endorsers

Just now, Ido said:

I mean I have all the major religious parties, the Arab parties pretty much united under the Joint List and the New Yamin is getting the revisionist vote, I don't really see any point in mentioning them beyond endorsers

Fair enough, then. I hadn't looked at the party lineup for this election first, or knew your full list, and was judging by past election party lists.

here is the list

Likud
Avodah (Labor)
Hosen L'Yisrael
Joint List
Yesh Atid
Jewish Home
New Yamin
Kulanu
Shas
United Torah Judaism
Ta'al
Yisrael Beitenu
Orly Levy's Gesher
Meretz
Zehut

P.S (yes @NYrepublican I'm adding Feiglin)

2 minutes ago, Ido said:

here is the list

Likud
Avodah (Labor)
Hosen L'Yisrael
Joint List
Yesh Atid
Jewish Home
New Yamin
Kulanu
Shas
United Torah Judaism
Ta'al
Yisrael Beitenu
Orly Levy's Gesher
Meretz
Zehut

For their party symbol, are you using their one-letter ballot party ID, or a banner or more formal logo, like most other nations' parties tend to use (as I believe most Israeli parties have both on hand and available attached to them, just like parties in India and Sri Lanka have simple "electoral symbols" AND then party flags each)?

I'm using their official logo (to look less boring tbh) @Patine

another P.S: parties like Zehut don't have an id yet iirc

5 minutes ago, Ido said:

image.png.a0ef924105f89c9c730c3d054d0c24d9.png

here is an example on how it looks like @Patine

By the way, I'm to figure out how the currency symbol Unicode works, so I could have ruble, rupee, won, hratva, dinar, murat, lev, dram, and other currency symbols other than the dollar/peso, pound, euro, and yen/yuan symbols I'm currently stuck with. Once I've figured these out, I'll send you a shekel symbol that should work in a .xml file.

good to know, good luck with that

@NYrepublican the Scenario is pretty much complete, I will upload it now

tips: each party has 150 PIP, use that to gain allies as quickly as possible, also if you're Gantz, use your wide support to try and campaign in more vulnerable seats in the conservative bloc, in addition to the centrist and swing blocs. also many candidates have no chance on getting any seat in some blocs, for example you won't gain nationalist votes if you're Avodah (Labor)

Israel 2019.rar

P.S I made some last minute tweaks (fixed some typos and adjusted starting cash)

Israel 2019.rar

@Patine aargh, so I didn't look for one day at the news and already two parties formed a Coalition and one of the parties splits up, I'm gonna need to update this scenario

Israel 2019.rar

Updated version, adds the Kachol Lavan coalition and splits the Joint List in too (it adds a spectator too)

Bibi tends to lose around 2-3 seats in most of my runs.

I've seen AI Gantz form a coalition

Israel 2019.rar

yet another update, changed the Jewish Home to "Union of Right Wing Parties"

experience from testing the game: It can go either way, I've seen Gantz get a coalition twice, and I won as Bibi once.

@Patine @NYrepublican

I would be happy to hear your opinion

Just now, Ido said:

Israel 2019.rar

yet another update, changed the Jewish Home to "Union of Right Wing Parties"

experience from testing the game: It can go either way, I've seen Gantz get a coalition twice, and I won as Bibi once.

@Patine @NYrepublican

I would be happy to hear your opinion

I'll get to you on that Monday or Tuesday. It looks like a busy weekend coming up for me.

ok, would be happy to hear your opinion on the matter.

I may upload this scenario to the campaigns website

On 2/21/2019 at 9:41 PM, Ido said:

ok, would be happy to hear your opinion on the matter.

I may upload this scenario to the campaigns website

Feiglin actually has a shot BTW. Among Jewish voters he's at 6.5%. 13% of young secular Israelies said they would vote for him in the biggest poll (4,500 people) conducted to date. His base isn't solely among the Right Wing religious (Surprisingly)