270soft Forum
POLITICALBOMB

My 2020 Presidential Election Result (vcczar)

I made a promise sometime ago when @vcczar Released a poll on his 2020 Scenario. It mention about promising to play and post a play through I think? I finally got to it so here it is.

1565258556_TrumpV.Harris2020.PNG.124520d65cd28ef46d8108e74ad384b7.PNG

I'm Trump by the way.

Harris/Booker V. Trump/Pence

Normal Mode

13 hours ago, POLITICALBOMB said:

I made a promise sometime ago when @vcczar Released a poll on his 2020 Scenario. It mention about promising to play and post a play through I think? I finally got to it so here it is.

I'm Trump by the way.

Normal Mode

Thanks! Seems like a realistic result. 

7 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

image.png.46b1b307b3ba83a64e234fd28db90fb8.png

What's going on here?

I don't know. Never understood what those numbers meant.

1 minute ago, POLITICALBOMB said:

I don't know. Never understood what those numbers meant. 

They're the net gain/loss in electoral votes since the previous election.

For some reason it appears Democrats won 285 electoral votes in the previous election, and Republicans won 253, in that scenario. Probably something for vcczar to fix.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:13 AM, POLITICALBOMB said:

I'm Trump by the way.

Normal Mode

I think that result is fairly realistic, but I must say @vcczar really made the stats in that campaign biased.

On 10/28/2018 at 2:08 PM, NYConservative said:

I think that result is fairly realistic, but I must say @vcczar really made the stats in that campaign biased.

I agree. The polling drops and scandals are ridicolous. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:08 PM, NYConservative said:

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I agree. The polling drops and scandals are ridicolous. 

I recall, when I was first active on these forums back in the 2007-2009 period, and practically all the scenario designers were different (except myself, @RI Democrat, and the odd one who "pops back in"), there a LOT of speculative 2012 U.S. Presidential scenarios (for P4E2008) - in fact, they were VERY common. Many of those were HIGHLY biased to a Republican perspective, often very overtly so, to the point of  @vcczar's work above looking as though little bias could be detected by anyone. There was one designer going by the handle @President9, who was really bad for this. He would have a single hypothetical touchstone event (almost always a fictional targeting of Obama -  whom he obviously had a personal thing against, not just a political one), like, Obama gets impeached, or even assassinated, and somehow, the Democratic Party as a whole just collapses suddenly, inexplicably, and, irretrievably, to the point that, by his scenario's 2012 election, the Republicans are polling at 90-95% or more (I kid you not) in almost every state, and where they're not (but are never under 70-75%), the Democrats are STILL immensely outpolled by the Libertarians, and thus still irrelevated and have no statistical chance in a single state. And somehow, this was supposed to be more fun to play as an election simulation game (and not a political wank) than say, a Supreme Soviet scenario from the height of the Cold War.

6 hours ago, Patine said:

I recall, when I was first active on these forums back in the 2007-2009 period, and practically all the scenario designers were different (except myself, @RI Democrat, and the odd one who "pops back in"), there a LOT of speculative 2012 U.S. Presidential scenarios (for P4E2008) - in fact, they were VERY common. Many of those were HIGHLY biased to a Republican perspective, often very overtly so, to the point of  @vcczar's work above looking as though little bias could be detected by anyone. There was one designer going by the handle @President9, who was really bad for this. He would have a single hypothetical touchstone event (almost always a fictional targeting of Obama -  whom he obviously had a personal thing against, not just a political one), like, Obama gets impeached, or even assassinated, and somehow, the Democratic Party as a whole just collapses suddenly, inexplicably, and, irretrievably, to the point that, by his scenario's 2012 election, the Republicans are polling at 90-95% or more (I kid you not) in almost every state, and where they're not (but are never under 70-75%), the Democrats are STILL immensely outpolled by the Libertarians, and thus still irrelevated and have no statistical chance in a single state. And somehow, this was supposed to be more fun to play as an election simulation game (and not a political wank) than say, a Supreme Soviet scenario from the height of the Cold War.

That is hilarious.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:13 AM, POLITICALBOMB said:

I'm Trump by the way.

Normal Mode

I must say, getting New Mexico to flip is an accomplishment, despite your losses of Michigan, Wisconsin, Virginia and Pennsylvania. 

1 minute ago, NYConservative said:

I must say, getting New Mexico to flip is an accomplishment, despite your losses of Michigan, Wisconsin, Virginia and Pennsylvania. 

I know, but it sucks because all those states were decided by 1% and all I needed was one and I could of won.

4 minutes ago, POLITICALBOMB said:

I know, but it sucks because all those states were decided by 1% and all I needed was one and I could of won.

I would have just spam barnstormed and policy speech and rally Pennsylvania, and either if no scandal, focus on insights, and if a scandal, continue insights and spin to try to neutralize the scandal.