270soft Forum

Map background turning color of certain section + money issues in editor

I finally made a decent map of my hometown last night, but for some reason the map background does not remain the grid-- the game engine has determined that the entire map background is also the area of one small region. It's weird because I am able to click through most of the regions and use the map as is, it's just this one specific issue. Note: the region that the map background follows is an island off of the coast of my town, while the rest of the regions are all together. Also note that I did the "fill-in" test that Anthony recommended in the tutorial video, and it worked.

Another issue I've had in this scenario is that the game has bumped all money up to massively high levels, when I was trying to decrease it. It seemed most realistic to me that candidates would have less than $5k and could maybe fundraise smaller amounts, but for some reason the game turned that into numbers like (and I'm not kidding) 140050090 M. How can I stop this from happening?

Lastly, I couldn't find a way to alter the types of ads that could be used. It doesn't seem realistic to have TV and radio ads in a small town, so I was thinking of having web, newspaper, yard signs, and maybe a billboard (for larger sums) but couldn't find the area to edit ad types as I have been able to in the past.

Any idea what's going on?

1 hour ago, lizphairphreak said:

I finally made a decent map of my hometown last night, but for some reason the map background does not remain the grid-- the game engine has determined that the entire map background is also the area of one small region. It's weird because I am able to click through most of the regions and use the map as is, it's just this one specific issue. Note: the region that the map background follows is an island off of the coast of my town, while the rest of the regions are all together. Also note that I did the "fill-in" test that Anthony recommended in the tutorial video, and it worked.

Another issue I've had in this scenario is that the game has bumped all money up to massively high levels, when I was trying to decrease it. It seemed most realistic to me that candidates would have less than $5k and could maybe fundraise smaller amounts, but for some reason the game turned that into numbers like (and I'm not kidding) 140050090 M. How can I stop this from happening?

Lastly, I couldn't find a way to alter the types of ads that could be used. It doesn't seem realistic to have TV and radio ads in a small town, so I was thinking of having web, newspaper, yard signs, and maybe a billboard (for larger sums) but couldn't find the area to edit ad types as I have been able to in the past.

Any idea what's going on?

This sounds like a single- (or several-) pixel breach in a border between political regions on the map somewhere.

1 minute ago, lizphairphreak said:

What does a pixel breach mean?

In the solid "true black" lines that divide the political regions on the map.bmp, if any black pixels are missing AT ALL - that is, there's a gap, however small, these are the kinds of things that result.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:12 PM, lizphairphreak said:

Thanks! Going to try to remake the map before the next time I play.

Still not entirely sure how to edit ads, but I had seen an earlier comment about an XML editor that isn't here any longer

Just use any XML editor and open up ads.xml from the scenario folder. Most of the stuff inside is self explanatory.