Jump to content
270soft Forum
jdm06ltd

Political Parties

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

I beg to differ. Liberals are veering farther and farther to the left. All of those people except Duckworth have adapted the socialist ideology that we are in a global economy and that no we are not the greatest nation on earth

We are in a global economy, most of the world runs off the exploitation of third world peoples.

20 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

10 years ago a liberal would say "I disagree with your opinion, but I will fight to the death for your right to speak it" now most liberals think that any speech that disagrees with theirs is hate speech

Really? Most Liberals I see decry Antifa as the real fascists, and cling to a perceived need to be civil and remained united.

20 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Some liberal positions I get behind. I may be a Republican but I am a centrist.

Well to be fair the Republican party is in many ways a Liberal party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

I beg to differ. Liberals are veering farther and farther to the left. All of those people except Duckworth have adapted the socialist ideology that we are in a global economy and that no we are not the greatest nation on earth, 10 years ago a liberal would say "I disagree with your opinion, but I will fight to the death for your right to speak it" now most liberals think that any speech that disagrees with theirs is hate speech....I didnt say they were the same thing yet, Duckworth, and FeinStein and even Joe Donnelly and Joe Manchin all still have some Sanity.....but that is slowly vanishing. Some liberal positions I get behind. I may be a Republican but I am a centrist. 

The greatest nation on Earth - for now, but rapidly committing "national suicide" with their vicious, artificial socio-political conflict that is centred at the axis by the two main parties, but has infiltrated every level and layer of American society and culture - even areas it logically and rationally should not be constantly intruding and a factor. And both sides are just as guilty, before anyone throws the "partisan blame" card out. This growing, festering internal would and cancer is the Achilles' Heel of the United States, and far more likely to be the cause of the nation's demise than any outside nation, ideology, terrorist group, economic pressure, or migrant horde.

And, for the record, liberalism is NOT socialism. Only idiots think that - even though the number of such vocal idiots is ratcheting up every day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patine said:

The greatest nation on Earth - for now, but rapidly committing "national suicide" with their vicious, artificial socio-political conflict that is centred at the axis by the two main parties, but has infiltrated every level and layer of American society and culture - even areas it logically and rationally should not be constantly intruding and a factor. And both sides are just as guilty, before anyone throws the "partisan blame" card out. This growing, festering internal would and cancer is the Achilles' Heel of the United States, and far more likely to be the cause of the nation's demise than any outside nation, ideology, terrorist group, economic pressure, or migrant horde.

And, for the record, liberalism is NOT socialism. Only idiots think that - even though the number of such vocal idiots is ratcheting up every day!

Again you are twisting my words. I said they have similar leanings on several issues. Not that they were the same ideologies. I dont believe they are 'worlds different' but the Democratic party seems to be moving more toward the left and the GOP is moving more toward the right. I wont have a party anymore when that happens. 

 

And @WVProgressive its not a global economy. Its the US Economy. America comes first. I dont care if all the other economies go belly up or if anyone else but us and a select few allies prosper....because if you arent with America you are against it. But then again I am very much a nationalist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdm06ltd said:

Again you are twisting my words. I said they have similar leanings on several issues. Not that they were the same ideologies. I dont believe they are 'worlds different' but the Democratic party seems to be moving more toward the left and the GOP is moving more toward the right. I wont have a party anymore when that happens. 

 

And @WVProgressive its not a global economy. Its the US Economy. America comes first. I dont care if all the other economies go belly up or if anyone else but us and a select few allies prosper....because if you arent with America you are against it. But then again I am very much a nationalist. 

Your ideology is influencing on who you think is a liberal. You’re completely and utterly inaccurate. Klobuchar is definitely no Socialist and the average democrat is not a Socialist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

I beg to differ. Liberals are veering farther and farther to the left. All of those people except Duckworth have adapted the socialist ideology that we are in a global economy and that no we are not the greatest nation on earth, 10 years ago a liberal would say "I disagree with your opinion, but I will fight to the death for your right to speak it" now most liberals think that any speech that disagrees with theirs is hate speech....I didnt say they were the same thing yet, Duckworth, and FeinStein and even Joe Donnelly and Joe Manchin all still have some Sanity.....but that is slowly vanishing. Some liberal positions I get behind. I may be a Republican but I am a centrist. 

Also, I should qualify when I agree with "greatest nation on Earth," that it's only the greatest within certain areas. Military power, diplomatic influence, overall economic wealth, technology edge - yes. Standard of living, contentment of the population, political electoral constitutional functioning and choice in leaders, judicial fairness and competence, government accountability and transparency, minority and women's rights de facto, average wages of workers, and average education - absolutely not - among the very worst in the First World in all of those qualities. So "greatest nation on Earth," does have to be qualified there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Again you are twisting my words. I said they have similar leanings on several issues. Not that they were the same ideologies. I dont believe they are 'worlds different' but the Democratic party seems to be moving more toward the left and the GOP is moving more toward the right. I wont have a party anymore when that happens. 

 

And @WVProgressive its not a global economy. Its the US Economy. America comes first. I dont care if all the other economies go belly up or if anyone else but us and a select few allies prosper....because if you arent with America you are against it. But then again I am very much a nationalist. 

Hard nationalism (especially to the degree of siege mentality proclamations, as above), regardless of the nation in question, is one (not the only one, one of a top few) of the destructive and ruinous ideologies in the world today. A hard nationalist is an enemy, by  default, of the whole human species!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Your ideology is influencing on who you think is a liberal. You’re completely and utterly inaccurate. Klobuchar is definitely no Socialist and the average democrat is not a Socialist. 

I dont have an Ideology I am a centrist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdm06ltd said:

I dont have an Ideology I am a centrist. 

Being a centrist does not mean lacking an ideology. Lacking an ideology is called being "apathetic."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

Again you are twisting my words. I said they have similar leanings on several issues. Not that they were the same ideologies. I dont believe they are 'worlds different' but the Democratic party seems to be moving more toward the left and the GOP is moving more toward the right. I wont have a party anymore when that happens. 

 

And @WVProgressive its not a global economy. Its the US Economy. America comes first. I dont care if all the other economies go belly up or if anyone else but us and a select few allies prosper....because if you arent with America you are against it. But then again I am very much a nationalist. 

1: What! How are Democrats moving left, they're ineffectual flailing in the wind babbling about Russia, and failing at every semblance of being an opposition party. 

 

 

2: Yes it is, you only need to look at the IMF and how it forces countries to serve it and it's people to the interests of capital. It's a global economy, America and the west rely on the exploitation of the thirld world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

Your ideology is influencing on who you think is a liberal. You’re completely and utterly inaccurate. Klobuchar is definitely no Socialist and the average democrat is not a Socialist. 

To be completely accurate, there aren't any elected Democrats who are Socialists, let alone the "average Democrat".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jnewt said:

To be completely accurate, there aren't any elected Democrats who are Socialists, let alone the "average Democrat".

True. I simply was using some examples. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jdm06ltd Just curious; who do you serve as a political consultant for? I don't mean to be insulting, but your spelling errors and the fact that you have "Girls" listed under your interests led me to believe you were much too young to be serving as a political consultant. I've always wondered how one gets into political consulting. I would also recommend proof-reading your blog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jnewt said:

@jdm06ltd Just curious; who do you serve as a political consultant for? I don't mean to be insulting, but your spelling errors and the fact that you have "Girls" listed under your interests led me to believe you were much too young to be serving as a political consultant. I've always wondered how one gets into political consulting. I would also recommend proof-reading your blog. 

Neither "political blogger" nor "political consultant" have nearly as high a bar of competence to be accepted into in much of the modern U.S. as his boasts and overinflated ego would initially indicate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Neither "political blogger" nor "political consultant" have nearly as high a bar of competence to be accepted into in much of the modern U.S. as his boasts and overinflated ego would initially indicate.

I know "blogger" doesn't carry any weight, but doesn't "consultant" imply having worked on or with political campaigns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I know "blogger" doesn't carry any weight, but doesn't "consultant" imply having worked on or with political campaigns?

Probably. But if Joe the Bartender one night, in a Friday Happy Hour, announces to a drunken crowd he's running for Mayor of a town of 150, and hires his tap boy and waitress as "political consultants," I suppose they, by default, have qualified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jnewt said:

@jdm06ltd Just curious; who do you serve as a political consultant for? I don't mean to be insulting, but your spelling errors and the fact that you have "Girls" listed under your interests led me to believe you were much too young to be serving as a political consultant. I've always wondered how one gets into political consulting. I would also recommend proof-reading your blog. 

I am actually fighting age discrimination in politics. I cant tell you who I work for currently(non disclosures). But I started as a Volunteer when I was 13 and kept at it. I most recently was a political director on a US Senate campaign in my home state of PA. Currently I live in Texas. And this is a better HQ. I am starting my own consulting firm. Yes. Im 23. I have run school board campaigns, worked judges races, County Council, and state house. My next contracts (2020) are for Texas State House and US Congress.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jnewt said:

@jdm06ltd Just curious; who do you serve as a political consultant for? I don't mean to be insulting, but your spelling errors and the fact that you have "Girls" listed under your interests led me to believe you were much too young to be serving as a political consultant. I've always wondered how one gets into political consulting. I would also recommend proof-reading your blog. 

As far as how someone gets into it....volunteer enough to get a paid staff position, then get in good with a consulting firm or start your own once you are well known and respected in the political scene. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as ideologies go I dont align with conservative, Liberal or anything else. I have some very liberal ideas that those on the right hate and call the right out when I think its wrong. But I agree more with the Republican party than Democratic so I stay a party loyalist. Are there things I would change? Absolutely. Will I vote for a Democrat, I can only think of 1 or 2 I can fathom ever supporting. Sometimes I dont vote for either and I vote libertarian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

As far as ideologies go I dont align with conservative, Liberal or anything else. I have some very liberal ideas that those on the right hate and call the right out when I think its wrong. But I agree more with the Republican party than Democratic so I stay a party loyalist. Are there things I would change? Absolutely. Will I vote for a Democrat, I can only think of 1 or 2 I can fathom ever supporting. Sometimes I dont vote for either and I vote libertarian. 

Earlier disagreements and incendiary exchanges last night between us aside - you seem to be one of the American voters that are cheated in their choice at the ballot box by the unfair (corrupt, rigged, arguably illegal) power of the Duopoly, which certain other posters seem to think is not an issue at all, is a well-oiled machine working as intended, is actually functional and good political culture (the best in world, some say, to my incredulity), and that I'm a crackpot for bringing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...