270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

October Surprise 2018

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, given Trump, Cruz, Santorum, Huckabee, and Gingrich have said equally ridiculous, incendiary, off-the-wall, and bizarre statements (just different specific subject matter), and you're not excoriating them or viewing them in the same light, given your last words on those particular candidates, it must all be a matter of perspective from whom your intelligence and sensibilities being insulted is completely inappropriate, for whom it's acceptable, and for whom it's even laudable.

(BTW, this post is ON TOPIC).

You know I don't like Trump, Santorum and Huckabee are so-so, not really sure to what you're referring regarding Cruz and Gingrich. 

31 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I wouldn't call being ok with Americans joining the Taliban and then also calling Arizona the Crazy state repeated times as well as the "Meth Lab of Democracy" about her being merely "anti-war".

I'm surprised this 1) hasn't been broadcast more or 2) hasn't had an effect on the polls. Did she really straight up say it is okay for American's to join the Taliban? That sounds like it might be taken out of context, since I'm surprised she could say that and get elected a US Rep in the first place. The only criticism I see that is repeated about her, including at the AZ Senate election debate, was her being "anti-war" (spun as anti-military...her voting record says otherwise), and something about her wearing a pink tutu.