270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheMiddlePolitical

Please add election being affected by previous election feature

You could almost just add a mode called "timeline" and we could save these timelines so each election is effected by the last ones results,and we can just place modifiers for how the president performed and that would effect it to. This would be amazing for us who do play by plays and love playing consecutive elections in a row-please!

@admin_270

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

You could almost just add a mode called "timeline" and we could save these timelines so each election is effected by the last ones results,and we can just place modifiers for how the president performed and that would effect it to. This would be amazing for us who do play by plays and love playing consecutive elections in a row-please!

@admin_270

I don't think this would be as simple to implement as you make it out to be. Especially if the scenario were alternate history, hypothetical future, state gubernatorial, city mayoral, other nation's (or Lord help us, fictitious nation's) apex executive office, etc., this feature would likely be all but useless.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I don't think this would be as simple to implement as you make it out to be. Especially if the scenario were alternate history, hypothetical future, state gubernatorial, city mayoral, other nation's (or Lord help us, fictitious nation's) apex executive office, etc., this feature would likely be all but useless.

It would basically just save the previous elections results,then u just add the modifiers. 

2 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

It would basically just save the previous elections results,then u just add the modifiers. 

But how would the last winner's performance and success in office be determined between elections? That's the part that's not so simple.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:23 PM, Patine said:

But how would the last winner's performance and success in office be determined between elections? That's the part that's not so simple.

The modifiers,lol,That's the point of them 

3 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

The modifiers,lol,That's the point of them 

You haven't really answered my question at all here.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

You haven't really answered my question at all here.

Literally the modifiers are how successful the president was,on different subjects,giving him an overall popularity 

1 minute ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Literally the modifiers are how successful the president was,on different subjects,giving him an overall popularity 

But, how are they determined when you win one scenario and then carry over with the character to the next? How is it determined if their term in office was successful, mediocre, or a failure; whether they rose to the challenges or "played it safe;" whether they accomplished their agendas or got gridlocked from them; how foreign affairs (including wars) and the often unpredictable elements of the bull and bear economy affected their fortunes? How are all of these thing generated into modifiers for the next election the candidate is carried into? What engine or algorithm decides these elements for the period between elections? Is my question clear now?

There is probably a simplified way to do it, but I don't think I'd want it included unless it could be more comprehensive. You would have to have the candidate_id's aligned properly from one version to the other. If "barack_obama" wins in 2000, then "barack_obama" has incumbency advantage in 2004. If "barack_obama" wins 2000 and 2004, then ineligible for 2008. However, I can't see how election results from one election has much to do about election results in the next election. What would be better is a presidential support meter that can be randomized, similar to economic meter being randomized. I could see this being a part of the favorability thing that Anthony is adding.

On 10/18/2018 at 10:18 PM, Patine said:

The result to those is simple: leave no modifiers at all. Every modifier at 0 would make the past irrelevant as heck.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:10 PM, NYConservative said:

The result to those is simple: leave no modifiers at all. Every modifier at 0 would make the past irrelevant as heck.

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Exactly. 

I think you just agreed to a flippant, dismissive non-answer that's exactly the opposite of what you were saying at the start of the post.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:41 PM, Patine said:

I think you just agreed to a flippant, dismissive non-answer that's exactly the opposite of what you were saying at the start of the post.

Flippant, dismissive non-answer? It is definitely an answer and not dismissive nor flippant, because if you actually read the post properly instead of reading the username above it and assuming it's an arrogant mindless post you would have read I clearly answered, as because if you leave modifiers at 0, nothing will happen.

6 hours ago, NYConservative said:

Flippant, dismissive non-answer? It is definitely an answer and not dismissive nor flippant, because if you actually read the post properly instead of reading the username above it and assuming it's an arrogant mindless post you would have read I clearly answered, as because if you leave modifiers at 0, nothing will happen.

I thought it was easily understandable also,lol. 

15 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I know, the concept seems quite simple to me and I wholeheartedly say that this should be a feature.

22 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

21 hours ago, NYConservative said:

I know, the concept seems quite simple to me and I wholeheartedly say that this should be a feature.

Well, I'm still definitely NOT for this feature. There's no way to do the idea any true justice without being overly complex, and taking into account factors that cannot be judged by the game engine, and simplifying it like suggested would make it not worth even having. Plus, it strikes me as a an onus and irritation to make custom scenarios if extant, not a feature.

36 minutes ago, Patine said:

Well, I'm still definitely NOT for this feature. There's no way to do the idea any true justice without being overly complex, and taking into account factors that cannot be judged by the game engine, and simplifying it like suggested would make it not worth even having. Plus, it strikes me as a an onus and irritation to make custom scenarios if extant, not a feature.

Do you realize it's just plugging in numbers into a modifier? You seriously find that to complex? ehh....

12 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Do you realize it's just plugging in numbers into a modifier? You seriously find that to complex? ehh....

I'm trying to say that doesn't even remotely begin to take into account the many variables that can occur in a Presidential term, many of them unpredictable upon inauguration, and outside the scope of an Administration, to prevent (or cause in the first place). If it's just "plugging in numbers into a modifier" your looking for, then it's not worth a whole new mechanic built into the game for, taking up Anthony's limited resources - just make a succession custom scenario with your desired modifiers and changed issues and political landscape using the editor, and play your own handiwork.

18 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm trying to say that doesn't even remotely begin to take into account the many variables that can occur in a Presidential term, many of them unpredictable upon inauguration, and outside the scope of an Administration, to prevent (or cause in the first place). If it's just "plugging in numbers into a modifier" your looking for, then it's not worth a whole new mechanic built into the game for, taking up Anthony's limited resources - just make a succession custom scenario with your desired modifiers and changed issues and political landscape using the editor, and play your own handiwork.

Whatever you say, matey.

2 minutes ago, NYConservative said:

Whatever you say, matey.

Well, I may be the only one ACTIVELY criticizing this idea, but it doesn't seem to have fire - nobody on this forum except you and @TheMiddlePolitical is showing any support or enthusiasm for it or backing it, and Anthony hasn't deigned to respond to this thread himself. Just pointing this out as you dismissively and imperiously brush off my criticisms and seem to be claiming a "victory" there's no evidence at all you've achieved.