270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Preferred 2020 Democratic Candidate

Actually after doing some more research I may vote Barletta for Senate. Still voting for Wolf.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:03 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Actually after doing some more research I may vote Barletta for Senate. Still voting for Wolf.

This is what I recommend doing. Even I wouldn't vote for Scott Wagner, I'd probably vote Libertarian or write-in Paul Mango since I wouldn't vote for Wolf either.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:59 PM, vcczar said:

Rank the following 10 potential candidates from most preferred to least preferred:

Biden, Warren, Booker, Avenatti, K. Harris, J. Castro, Sanders, Gillibrand, H. Clinton, Trump.

I hate this so much.

Castro, Biden, Harris, Gillibrand, Booker, Clinton, Warren, Sanders, Trump, Avenatti.

Avenatti is one of the few people that would ever cause me to pick Trump in a two-way race.

20 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

I hate this so much.

Castro, Biden, Harris, Gillibrand, Booker, Clinton, Warren, Sanders, Trump, Avenatti.

Avenatti is one of the few people that would ever cause me to pick Trump in a two-way race.

My ranking has changed since I last put this up. Avenatti has dropped below Clinton now. I'd still prefer Avenatti to Trump, only because I think he's more likely to bring in Democrats and appoint better judges than Trump. To me they're basically just as bad, but the platforms still matter. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

My ranking has changed since I last put this up. Avenatti has dropped below Clinton now. I'd still prefer Avenatti to Trump, only because I think he's more likely to bring in Democrats and appoint better judges than Trump. To me they're basically just as bad, but the platforms still matter. 

Avenatti is definitely just here for the attention. I expect him to pull a lot of absurd publicity stunts like picking, say, Stormy Daniels as VP. Or cabinet. Trump at least has a (dwindling) number of decent advisors like Kelly and Mattis, and formerly Haley - maybe even Tillerson, he was a lot better than I expected. Avenatti is going to be doing anything for attention over the course of the campaign but will adopt whatever is popular with the party - after all, he's never been under pressure to have political stances until now. I don't trust him to do anything serious or helpful.

5 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Avenatti is definitely just here for the attention. I expect him to pull a lot of absurd publicity stunts like picking, say, Stormy Daniels as VP. Or cabinet. Trump at least has a (dwindling) number of decent advisors like Kelly and Mattis, and formerly Haley - maybe even Tillerson, he was a lot better than I expected. Avenatti is going to be doing anything for attention over the course of the campaign but will adopt whatever is popular with the party - after all, he's never been under pressure to have political stances until now. I don't trust him to do anything serious or helpful.

Ah, yes. General Mattis "callously abandon the boys to die in the wastes of Afghanistan when rescue was logistically possible and relatively easy" is considered a reliable military advisor and a Secretary of Defense the remaining servicepeople can feel confidant as a commander and can truly get behind. :S

I've never understood the confidence many have in him. He's a negligent officer who should have been court-martialed for several counts of fratricidal manslaughter, not given a big promotion.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Ah, yes. General Mattis "callously abandon the boys to die in the wastes of Afghanistan when rescue was logistically possible and relatively easy" is considered a reliable military advisor and a Secretary of Defense the remaining servicepeople can feel confidant as a commander and can truly get behind. :S

I've never understood the confidence many have in him. He's a negligent officer who should have been court-martialed for several counts of fratricidal manslaughter, not given a big promotion.

I hadn’t heard that about him, but I know he’s been a rather sane voice in the Trump administration opposing withdrawing from the nuclear deal, supporting climate change prevention, and taking a hard line on Russia and other human rights abusers. 

On 10/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, Patine said:

Is there any modern political figure or government that you do like?

15 minutes ago, Harris/Ernst 2020 said:

Is there any modern political figure or government that you do like?

Jose Mujica of Uruguay! I also liked Jack Layton, the Federal leader of the Canadian NDP from 2003 until his death in 2011, but his successor, Thomas Mulcair, didn't sit well with me at all.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I agree,I think Casey is one of those few candidates that could very easily appeal greatly to both sides. My family is basically all Republican,But even though there voting down ballot Republican,there still voting for Casey (my family supports Trump,I think it's cause Casey really doesn't speak out against Trump really that much. I fully expect Casey to win with between 58-60% of the vote,However Wolf is a different side of the story. It seems as if he doesn't appeal nearly as much to Republicans as Casey does (I have been Canvassing,and working for the PA Democrats this whole year,and I event started the Young Democrats branch for my county) I can defiantly say it's alot easier for Republicans to vote for Casey,rather than Wolf (Though I still think Wolf will win with around 53-54% of the vote). So many people in PA support Trump greatly,but when it comes to State wide elections,they still stick to Democrats. 

There probably are U.S. political figures today I would likely greatly approve of out there, but, the problem is, because of the current American political culture and zeitgeist, they don't get touted or promoted and they aren't very visible, because they don't epitomize, and fall firmly in line with, the extremes of the main camps of the two major U.S. parties, or are not "political outsider loudmouths" like Trump, Cuban, and all the actors, singers, and wrestlers threatening to run. The only moderate, level-headed non-extremist or partisan iconics who are serious major figures are very old and entrenched. Thus, while there probably are political figure in the U.S. today I'd greatly admire, they're likely Mayors, State Legislators, local judges, and maybe a few Congresspeople, who I have not heard of and likely have few long-term political perspectives for higher office.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

There probably are U.S. political figures today I would likely greatly approve of out there, but, the problem is, because of the current American political culture and zeitgeist, they don't get touted or promoted and they aren't very visible, because they don't epitomize, and fall firmly in line with, the extremes of the main camps of the two major U.S. parties, or are not "political outsider loudmouths" like Trump, Cuban, and all the actors, singers, and wrestlers threatening to run. The only moderate, level-headed non-extremist or partisan iconics who are serious major figures are very old and entrenched. Thus, while there probably are political figure in the U.S. today I'd greatly admire, they're likely Mayors, State Legislators, local judges, and maybe a few Congresspeople, who I have not heard of and likely have few long-term political perspectives for higher office.

I'm wondering if @vcczar can see what I'm saying here.

17 minutes ago, Patine said:

I understand that. I agree. 

I personally would like (no I'm not saying someone who would lose just because I am very center/center-right)  Harris as the democratic candidate.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:58 AM, Patine said:

I do like someone like Beto O'Rourke a lot,only cause I'm young and also am running for election (though in 2019,for my city council seat,which my city has 50,000 residents). I think he brings a new kind of energy to the political parties,that I think is very much needed,I think young people are currently the "trend" for politicians. Just around my are alone there are 4 people under the age of 30 running in the general election for state rep and state senate seats. For state rep theirs a 22,22,and 23 year old running and for state senate a 27 year old,all Democrats facing incumbents,and all there districts are within 30 minutes of me. 

10 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I do like someone like Beto O'Rourke a lot,only cause I'm young and also am running for election (though in 2019,for my city council seat,which my city has 50,000 residents). I think he brings a new kind of energy to the political parties,that I think is very much needed,I think young people are currently the "trend" for politicians. Just around my are alone there are 4 people under the age of 30 running in the general election for state rep and state senate seats. For state rep theirs a 22,22,and 23 year old running and for state senate a 27 year old,all Democrats facing incumbents,and all there districts are within 30 minutes of me. 

It seems you care more about the energy of the politician than political issues. 

50 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It seems you care more about the energy of the politician than political issues. 

Energy has alot to do with leadership. Honestly me,and my generation are tired of the same old kind of politician,the out of touch "articulate" politician. I think the last 4 presidents including Trump have had that energy. You can't get young people interested if you want to fall asleep when you hear that person talking. The issues matter to also yes. But a majority of politicians in a political party are the same (a problem with the two party system). People are tired of it. I know you and @Patine like the articulate,Harvard grad,who all they do is give out there issues. But young people want somebody with energy. 

I think modern major politicians who have this energy are

-Donald Trump

-Bernie Sanders

-Beto O'Rourke

-John Kennedy III

-Elizabeth Warren

-Cory Booker

and honestly,thats all I can think off the top of my head.

And also I can't stand the "politician" David Hogg,I literally can't stand him. 

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Energy has alot to do with leadership. Honestly me,and my generation are tired of the same old kind of politician,the out of touch "articulate" politician. I think the last 4 presidents including Trump have had that energy. You can't get young people interested if you want to fall asleep when you hear that person talking. The issues matter to also yes. But a majority of politicians in a political party are the same (a problem with the two party system). People are tired of it. I know you and @Patine like the articulate,Harvard grad,who all they do is give out there issues. But young people want somebody with energy. 

Issues should easily be more important than energy. I, too, think energy is important, but who can possibly delude themselves that energy is more important than issues and ideas? A person with energy and bad issues or ideas is terrible for a country. That's like saying that you want to be ruled with the person with the strongest force powers, regardless if they are Jedi or Sith. One wants to life people up and save lives, and the other wants to destroy planets. I guess it matters less than having force-lightning ability. 

This is how I see it:

Issue stances>competency>Knowledge>Energy>Looks>background (where educated, past experience, home state)>Articulate. 

So harvard grad that is articulate isn't exactly at the top of my list. The platform, competency, knowledge are my top three, followed by energy. 

You aren't looking for a president; you want a cult leader. I don't think most young people are looking for that. 

59 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Issues should easily be more important than energy. I, too, think energy is important, but who can possibly delude themselves that energy is more important than issues and ideas? A person with energy and bad issues or ideas is terrible for a country. That's like saying that you want to be ruled with the person with the strongest force powers, regardless if they are Jedi or Sith. One wants to life people up and save lives, and the other wants to destroy planets. I guess it matters less than having force-lightning ability. 

This is how I see it:

Issue stances>competency>Knowledge>Energy>Looks>background (where educated, past experience, home state)>Articulate. 

So harvard grad that is articulate isn't exactly at the top of my list. The platform, competency, knowledge are my top three, followed by energy. 

You aren't looking for a president; you want a cult leader. I don't think most young people are looking for that. 

For me: Issue stances>competency>Knowledge>Articulation>background>Energy>Looks

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

This is how I see it:

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

This is how I see it:

I think you mistook me for what I said. I think someone with high,great energy is needed in corelation with having great ideas and stances on issues.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

For me: Issue stances>competency>Knowledge>Articulation>background>Energy>Looks

Good order. Did you get the doc. from the other thread?

43 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I think you mistook me for what I said. I think someone with high,great energy is needed in corelation with having great ideas and stances on issues.

Ok. It didn't come off that way.