270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Preferred 2020 Democratic Candidate

Rank the following 10 potential candidates from most preferred to least preferred:

Biden, Warren, Booker, Avenatti, K. Harris, J. Castro, Sanders, Gillibrand, H. Clinton, Trump.

Just now, vcczar said:

Rank the following 10 potential candidates from most preferred to least preferred:

Biden, Warren, Booker, Avenatti, K. Harris, J. Castro, Sanders, Gillibrand, H. Clinton, Trump.

Booker, Biden, Sanders, Warren, K. Harris, Gillibrand, J. Castro, H. Clinton, Avenatti, Trump

The Dems need stronger candidates. I would rank Booker as perhaps the strongest of these, but I wouldn't put him as a strong candidate.

Which of these Dem candidates would be over 70 in Nov. 2020?

Sanders 79

Biden 78 (both of these would be almost octogenarians! to be fair, turns 78 on Nov. 20, 2020)

Clinton 73

Warren 71

None of the Dem candidates listed are high charisma. I would say Biden has the highest charisma, but even there I would probably put him at 6 or 7/10. Clinton 4/10. Sanders 4/10. Warren 5/10. Booker 5/10. Harris 5/10. Gillibrand 5/10. Avenatti 5/10.

Assuming "most preferred for me":

1. Warren

2. Sanders

3. Clinton

4. Harris

5. Booker

6. Biden

7. Gillibrand

8.  Castro

9. Avenatti

10. Trump

26 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The Dems need stronger candidates. I would rank Booker as perhaps the strongest of these, but I wouldn't put him as a strong candidate.

The U.S. needs a far better political schematic. In a nation of 300 million opinionated people protected by freedom of speech, conscience, and the press, are these 10 candidates (including Trump here, definitely) the best that be mustered for an election for chief executive? Really?

53 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Which of these Dem candidates would be over 70 in Nov. 2020?

Sanders 79

Biden 78 (both of these would be almost octogenarians! to be fair, turns 78 on Nov. 20, 2020)

Clinton 73

Warren 71

None of the Dem candidates listed are high charisma. I would say Biden has the highest charisma, but even there I would probably put him at 6 or 7/10. Clinton 4/10. Sanders 4/10. Warren 5/10. Booker 5/10. Harris 5/10. Gillibrand 5/10. Avenatti 5/10.

I'd put Warren at a 4/10 too. I like her platform a lot, but she isn't personally energizing, I don't think. Booker could be a 6/10

1. Gillibrand

2. Biden

3. Booker

4. Harris

5. Castro

6. Sanders

7. Warren

8.  Clinton

9. Avenatti

10. Trump

1. Trump
  2. Biden
  3. Clinton
  4. Harris
  5. Castro
  6. Avenatti
  7. Booker
  8. Sanders
  9. Gillibrand
  10. Warren

Not the most familiar with Harris and especially Castro, but here's my rankings if they were to take the Presidency right now.

1.Bernie

2.Warren

3.Biden 

4.Booker

5.Castro

6.Harris

7.Gillibrand

8.Hillary

9.Avenatti

10.Trump

Trump

Biden

Booker

H. Clinton

Sanders

Gillibrand

K. Harris

J. Castro

Warren

Avenatti

22 hours ago, vcczar said:

Warren, Sanders, K Harris, H Clinton, Biden, J Castro(Honestly can someone explain to me the appeal to him? He seems like a rather generic Democrat), Booker, Avenatti, Trump.

43 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Warren, Sanders, K Harris, H Clinton, Biden, J Castro(Honestly can someone explain to me the appeal to him? He seems like a rather generic Democrat), Booker, Avenatti, Trump.

He’s young, Hispanic, and has a little name recognition as 2012 keynote speaker. There really isn’t much appeal outside that. He needs more experience (we’ve had two inexperience presidents in a row), and he really isn’t a very aggressive person, which might be essential to taking on Trump. He’s likeable, rather than charismatic, much like Biden. Unlike Biden, he seems more canned, like Rubio, rather than conversational like Biden. 

1. Sanders
  2. Warren
  3. Gillibrand
  4. Castro
  5. Biden
  6. Avenatti
  7. Booker
  8. Clinton
  9. Harris 
  10. Trump

17 hours ago, vcczar said:

He’s young, Hispanic, and has a little name recognition as 2012 keynote speaker. There really isn’t much appeal outside that. He needs more experience (we’ve had two inexperience presidents in a row), and he really isn’t a very aggressive person, which might be essential to taking on Trump. He’s likeable, rather than charismatic, much like Biden. Unlike Biden, he seems more canned, like Rubio, rather than conversational like Biden. 

Yeah, without coming across as too brash, but he feels like the DNC was checking off a list and Castro was their candidate that covered, "the hispanic vote" and "potential candidate that can flip Texas." Much like how the RNC treated Rubio in 2016.

That said, whomever is working the PR in his office must have a nice salary; if the press constantly toys with the idea of him being a VP or Presidential candidate. 

Honestly my top one isn’t on this list. Sen. Amy Klobuchar from Minnesota is by far my top choice. Smart, pragmatic, bipartisan, Midwestern, she would be the one that could win an election.

1.Trump,He is going to win re-election despite his unpopularity,he may not be likable,he has been a pretty damn good president in my opinion. (even though for this election for example I'm voting Governor>Democrats , Senate> Democrat, State Sen> Democrat, State Rep>Republican

2.  Bernie Sanders

3.Joe Biden

I literally don't like any of the other Democrats on that list. 

3 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

1.Trump,He is going to win re-election despite his unpopularity,he may not be likable,he has been a pretty damn good president in my opinion. (even though for this election for example I'm voting Governor>Democrats , Senate> Democrat, State Sen> Democrat, State Rep>Republican

2.  Bernie Sanders

3.Joe Biden

I literally don't like any of the other Democrats on that list. 

Tom Wolf for Governor is fine, but Lou Barletta for Senate on the other hand....

22 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Tom Wolf for Governor is fine, but Lou Barletta for Senate on the other hand....

It's too bad for you there's no conservatives on the list of 10 at the top of this thread, eh?

11 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I'm voting Casey for Senate,lol 

13 hours ago, Patine said:

It's too bad for you there's no conservatives on the list of 10 at the top of this thread, eh?

Indeed it is....

2 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

And that's a shame

3 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I just moved to Philadelphia from Texas a year ago. Obviously, you know Wolf and Casey are my choices in the Midterms. However, I'm surprised that most of the TV ads I get are for NJ elections. 

I really don't think any politician that is indicted should run. As such, I really don't want Menendez, and I only hope he wins because I want Democrats to get as close as they can to splitting the senate. However, if Hugin should beat Menendez, I won't be too upset because Menendez deserves to lose. I think the same of Barbour in California or any other indicted politician, regardless of party. 

I think Casey would be a good choice in a presidential general election in a normal election year (post-Trump that is). He's got a sort of Biden likability. Even if you are a conservative, you can expect him to not do anything completely far-left. 

On 10/21/2018 at 3:54 PM, vcczar said:

I just moved to Philadelphia from Texas a year ago. Obviously, you know Wolf and Casey are my choices in the Midterms. However, I'm surprised that most of the TV ads I get are for NJ elections. 

I really don't think any politician that is indicted should run. As such, I really don't want Menendez, and I only hope he wins because I want Democrats to get as close as they can to splitting the senate. However, if Hugin should beat Menendez, I won't be too upset because Menendez deserves to lose. I think the same of Barbour in California or any other indicted politician, regardless of party. 

I think Casey would be a good choice in a presidential general election in a normal election year (post-Trump that is). He's got a sort of Biden likability. Even if you are a conservative, you can expect him to not do anything completely far-left. 

I agree,I think Casey is one of those few candidates that could very easily appeal greatly to both sides. My family is basically all Republican,But even though there voting down ballot Republican,there still voting for Casey (my family supports Trump,I think it's cause Casey really doesn't speak out against Trump really that much. I fully expect Casey to win with between 58-60% of the vote,However Wolf is a different side of the story. It seems as if he doesn't appeal nearly as much to Republicans as Casey does (I have been Canvassing,and working for the PA Democrats this whole year,and I event started the Young Democrats branch for my county) I can defiantly say it's alot easier for Republicans to vote for Casey,rather than Wolf (Though I still think Wolf will win with around 53-54% of the vote). So many people in PA support Trump greatly,but when it comes to State wide elections,they still stick to Democrats. 

27 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I agree,I think Casey is one of those few candidates that could very easily appeal greatly to both sides. My family is basically all Republican,But even though there voting down ballot Republican,there still voting for Casey (my family supports Trump,I think it's cause Casey really doesn't speak out against Trump really that much. I fully expect Casey to win with between 58-60% of the vote,However Wolf is a different side of the story. It seems as if he doesn't appeal nearly as much to Republicans as Casey does (I have been Canvassing,and working for the PA Democrats this whole year,and I event started the Young Democrats branch for my county) I can defiantly say it's alot easier for Republicans to vote for Casey,rather than Wolf (Though I still think Wolf will win with around 53-54% of the vote). So many people in PA support Trump greatly,but when it comes to State wide elections,they still stick to Democrats. 

Long-lineage down ballot party voting parties families and individuals. One of the big banes and crippling flaws, even Achilles' heels, of the electoral system, along with populism, the power of wealthy campaign donors to have more influence over a candidate than that candidates' own constituents, and candidates never being able to be held accountable for lying and deception on the campaign once elected.