270soft Forum
vcczar

Game idea

18 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'll come up with the scoring. I'm just wondering, would having to calculate a score after every event is handled by the president or congress be a deterrent to you as a gamer? I'd also like to see what @Reagan04 and @Hestia11 think about this. This will help a lot in me figuring out how to do the scoring system. I'd like it to be as simplified as possible without losing the complexity of the game play. Sadly, I think frequent calculating may be required for a more realistic experience. If it is a deterrent, I may have to simplify the game. 

I think a "score card" would make this easier, and still allow the games full potential to be used. I am beginning to work on the Position Cards now. 

38 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

I think a "score card" would make this easier, and still allow the games full potential to be used. I am beginning to work on the Position Cards now. 

Yeah, a score card is a good idea. 

5 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

A rough draft of the office cards. Because there are so many, I ran out of color ideas. Please feel free to give feedback. I am still trying to work on where to put the "points" at.

Office Cards.docx

Excellent once again! You can put the point section in the area with the voter support bonus. Voter support bonus won't require a lot of text, so it can share some space. Maybe make another circle on the bottom right corner. 

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Excellent once again! You can put the point section in the area with the voter support bonus. Voter support bonus won't require a lot of text, so it can share some space. Maybe make another circle on the bottom right corner. 

Yeah, great minds think alike I guess. I divided that box into two boxes.

Just now, AmericanChaos said:

Yeah, great minds think alike I guess. I divided that box into two boxes.

Awesome

2 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

Okay, update #1.

Office Cards.docx

Perfect!

Okay, for the sake of colorization, what if we had categories?

Executive Offices (POTUS, VP, Ex-POTUS/Ex-VP)

Cabinet Offices (Cabinet Positions, Ex Cabinet)

Diplomatic Offices (SecState, ExSecState, Ambassadors)

Military Offices (Chief Military Officer, Focus Military Officer, SecDev)

Judiciary Offices (SCOTUS, Fmr. SCOTUS, Any other Justices, Attn Gen)

Gubernatorial Offices (9 regions)

Congressional Offices (9 Regions, same as Governor regions, plus a tenth card for Speaker, could be expanded to include PresProTempore as well)

I could add these designations to the cards as well. 

Okay, for the sake of colorization, what if we had categories?

Executive Offices (POTUS, VP, Ex-POTUS/Ex-VP)

Cabinet Offices (Cabinet Positions, Ex Cabinet)

Diplomatic Offices (SecState, ExSecState, Ambassadors)

Military Offices (Chief Military Officer, Focus Military Officer, SecDev)

Judiciary Offices (SCOTUS, Fmr. SCOTUS, Any other Justices, Attn Gen)

Gubernatorial Offices (9 regions)

Congressional Offices (9 Regions, same as Governor regions, plus a tenth card for Speaker, could be expanded to include PresProTempore as well)

I could add these designations to the cards as well. 

I'd put Sec state and former sec of state with cabinet. Amb could be its own color. Pres Pro Tempore is a good idea. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'd put Sec state and former sec of state with cabinet. Amb could be its own color. Pres Pro Tempore is a good idea. 

I could add ambassador as a "Sub-Cabinet" office?

I could add ambassador as a "Sub-Cabinet" office?

Yeah, that might be best. 

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, that might be best. 

Instead of "Former Secretary of State", should I just make a "Former Cabinet Secretary" card? @Condeleeza Rice, Eric Holder, etc.

8 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

Instead of "Former Secretary of State", should I just make a "Former Cabinet Secretary" card? @Condeleeza Rice, Eric Holder, etc.

Yeah, that's probably best anyway. Good idea!

@vcczar I just added another design idea for the back of the "position" cards. I could make a back for the Player Cards as well, or we could just design a generic background for all of the cards based on the Game name?

Office Cards.docx

I like the back for the card. We can decide how we make the backs later, but something like that would be cool. I noticed you had Chief Justice twice. One of those is probably the Assoc Justice. 

Just now, AmericanChaos said:

Some other proposed cards:
Former Senator - Congressional
Former Representative - Congressional
Former Military Officer - Military

Just an idea.

Maybe Former Governor as well? Ex: Gary Johnson or Tim Pawlenty, also Romney before his senate run. These are all former governors (at the time) who ran for President. I don't believe Johnson or Pawlenty are on your list, but this card could still be useful...?

49 minutes ago, AmericanChaos said:

Maybe Former Governor as well? Ex: Gary Johnson or Tim Pawlenty, also Romney before his senate run. These are all former governors (at the time) who ran for President. I don't believe Johnson or Pawlenty are on your list, but this card could still be useful...?

I can see Former Military, but not the others, since I don't think a sitting former Senator or former US Rep really get any advantage over a sitting Senator/Rep. It would diminish the Focus Sen and Focus Gov. 

I would think someone who was a senator the last cycle but isn't now would have some advantage. Ex: Outgoing Governor Bryan Sandoval  of Nevada or retiring Senator Bob Corker.