270soft Forum
vcczar

Game idea

1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

Just send me a PM when I can start the work haha

Did you get my email? I may have @Reagan04 work on Republicans and you could work on Democrats, actually. I'll get you that list when I can. I actually need to add more Democrats, I think. I'm still waiting for @President Trenton Adams to respond to my follow up. Actually, Trenton, if you could make sure the templates are exactly the same size as playing cards, and if you somehow press them together like a sheet of cards (so they're easy to cut) that would be awesome. Also, one document for Rep card templates and one for Dem card templates. 

Thanks everyone, this will really speed this up. I'm going to fine tune the event/decisions cards. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Did you get my email? I may have @Reagan04 work on Republicans and you could work on Democrats, actually. I'll get you that list when I can. I actually need to add more Democrats, I think. I'm still waiting for @President Trenton Adams to respond to my follow up. Actually, Trenton, if you could make sure the templates are exactly the same size as playing cards, and if you somehow press them together like a sheet of cards (so they're easy to cut) that would be awesome. Also, one document for Rep card templates and one for Dem card templates. 

Thanks everyone, this will really speed this up. I'm going to fine tune the event/decisions cards. 

Yeah just let me know who you need and I can fill it in with the template.

@vcczar I think I could help a bit as well when I have a free hour. I would do Republicans as well and I am most interested into states like Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee but also the mid-west like Nebraska, the Dakotas and so on.

I do not have special developing skills but if you give me a template to just fill in, I could help a bit.

15 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

@vcczar I think I could help a bit as well when I have a free hour. I would do Republicans as well and I am most interested into states like Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee but also the mid-west like Nebraska, the Dakotas and so on.

I do not have special developing skills but if you give me a template to just fill in, I could help a bit.

Ok thanks! I think you could trade off with Reagan. When he stops, he could send it to you, and vice versa. I'll let you know when we start. I have your email address to, so I'll send you the list of expected Republicans right now.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Currently don't have access to that email until tonight. I'll check on that. Actually, yes, I got the emails. Do you need more Dems? I can look for some if you need them. Yeah, that should work for me. If you get the Dem card template ready, I could start making some. If you need any ideas for Dems, I could think up some as well. Ag. Sec. Tom Vilsack comes to mind. To make the cards, I'd just need a screenshot of it so I can paste it onto the pixlr thing.

37 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Currently don't have access to that email until tonight. I'll check on that. Actually, yes, I got the emails. Do you need more Dems? I can look for some if you need them. Yeah, that should work for me. If you get the Dem card template ready, I could start making some. If you need any ideas for Dems, I could think up some as well. Ag. Sec. Tom Vilsack comes to mind. To make the cards, I'd just need a screenshot of it so I can paste it onto the pixlr thing.

No need to add more Democrats yet. Vilsack is a good suggestion. I'm going to try an avoid pixlr if the template that Trenton Adams made is fine tuned a bit. I'd prefer carrying the conversations on email so we aren't flooding Anthony's message board with an off-topic conversation. 

16 hours ago, President Trenton Adams said:

These were made in like 5 minutes. Just an example of how the template could be used.

Player Card Examples.docx

Actually, ignore my previous comments. I made a google doc. Is there a way to copy+paste the entire template so I can put it in the google doc? This way all of the cardmakers can share the same document. If you PM me your email address, I can link you to the document. I'm trying to copy+paste it myself, but I'm having issues getting it to convert into the google doc. Thanks

@vcczarthere is a "game" called 'Tabletop Simulator' where you can make the game, I can help

BTW you could give Hillary some more positive traits she was a powerhouse after all

5 hours ago, Ido said:

@vcczarthere is a "game" called 'Tabletop Simulator' where you can make the game, I can help

BTW you could give Hillary some more positive traits she was a powerhouse after all

Lol the Hillary card was me. It was a joke. 

Just now, President Trenton Adams said:

Lol the Hillary card was me. It was a joke. 

lol i just thought Hillary should be buffed, (having the other card being serious didn't help XD)

On 10/9/2018 at 11:50 AM, vcczar said:

Actually, ignore my previous comments. I made a google doc. Is there a way to copy+paste the entire template so I can put it in the google doc? This way all of the cardmakers can share the same document. If you PM me your email address, I can link you to the document. I'm trying to copy+paste it myself, but I'm having issues getting it to convert into the google doc. Thanks

I replied to your message, and I will see if it's possible to copy/paste. Unfortunately, Google Docs isn't very Word-friendly so I'm not sure if that will be possible. 

also is there any list of traits? i want to try and make my own examples too

5 minutes ago, Ido said:

lol i just thought Hillary should be buffed, (having the other card being serious didn't help XD)

I honestly just copied and pasted Paul's traits from vccar's McConnell card. Hillary's were the same, until I changed them to the emails thing lol. But the rest of their information should be pretty decent. Except the typo in Clinton's bio.

yeah, Rand Paul isn't much of an establishment candidate tbh, he is more to the fringe side

Just now, Ido said:

yeah, Rand Paul isn't much of an establishment candidate tbh, he is more to the fringe side

And much less homely than McConnell. And I'd probably not label him "reserved" or "corrupt" either. 

yeah, also this game is like an All Stars game of US politics

Huey Long fighting Donald Trump for example would be totally awesome imo

1 minute ago, Ido said:

yeah, also this game is like an All Stars game of US politics

Huey Long fighting Donald Trump for example would be totally awesome imo

Earl Browder vs. David Duke... :P

we need to make a Smash style trailer to this

EVERYONE IS HERE

@vcczar I'm currently messing around with the template, seeing what I can do to make it more user friendly. It does appear the cards I've created are slightly larger than playing cards, and I could probably fix them within an hour or so. If not, I have a few other changes to make and we're good to go...

Except one thing. The template will most likely not transfer into Google Docs. Not sure how you'd like to proceed.

Just now, Patine said:

Smash? Not familiar with that...

Nintendo's All Star fighting game, it's trailer has become a meme

Just now, Ido said:

Nintendo's All Star fighting game, it's trailer has become a meme

Oh. I lost touch with "fighting games" and their culture on computers after Street Fighter: the New Challengers and Mortal Kombat 3 were no longer "the thing."

i can make a trailer for it right now for the lols

Just now, Ido said:

i can make a trailer for it right now for the lols

I'd prefer you didn't, personally. I find those types of "joke videos" on the annoying side. Others MIGHT like them though.