270soft Forum

6 hours ago, jdm06ltd said:

Is there a way to add in the ability to 'draft' a candidate at the convention? @admin_270

Let this dark horse roam! :P

Couldn't, in theory, a candidate remain "not seeking" through the primaries and then join the race a few turns before the convention and leverage positive relationships?

3 hours ago, lizphairphreak said:

Couldn't, in theory, a candidate remain "not seeking" through the primaries and then join the race a few turns before the convention and leverage positive relationships?

That's exactly what I was thinking in a contested convention if a player controlled character isnt seeking or still undecided they can enter the race before the convention to try to get drafted on the floor. Like in 2016 if the convention is brokered and the Donald is in the lead....and Romney is not seeking he can enter the race after the last primary and try to be drafted on the floor

27 minutes ago, jdm06ltd said:

That's exactly what I was thinking in a contested convention if a player controlled character isnt seeking or still undecided they can enter the race before the convention to try to get drafted on the floor. Like in 2016 if the convention is brokered and the Donald is in the lead....and Romney is not seeking he can enter the race after the last primary and try to be drafted on the floor

I think that would be really cool gameplay, though the AI would probably NEVER make that happen with a non-player controlled character. But maybe someone with massive amounts of PIPs could make it happen by getting multiple candidates to endorse before the convention... if you try it, report back!