270soft Forum
Patine

Hypothetical United States (Rump Nation) Presidential Election 2048 - A Starting Scenario

16 hours ago, Patine said:

@NYrepublican @Conservative Elector 2 or any other good map makers: Is there any way I could possibly request a map that only includes the New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Mid-West (except Minnesota) U.S. States, as well as Iowa, Maryland, Delaware, the District of Columbia, and the current Canadian Provinces of Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland & Labrador, possibly, please?

Firstly I think the needed skills are higher than my own hahah and secondly I remain very busy until at least February 10th. So I have to disappoint you here. I am sorry

On 1/2/2019 at 9:16 PM, Patine said:

@willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders  @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams @FrancisXKennedy @MBDemSoc @Ido@Thunder@Wiw@Harris/Ernst 2020@jnewt@Ishan@manlex @LokiLoki22 @IonicAmalgam @jdm06ltd @Berg2036 @ZedWilliamsR @Demon Taka @NYConservative@MBDemSoc @POLITICALBOMB @thr33 @Hestia11 

Additions to the issues stated above that are being considered are:

-Lunar, Martian, Antarctic, and Orbital Colonies (reminded by @jvikings1) - complicated by the fact that almost all of them were established pre-schism, and the sovereignty over them is now disputed by the Rump U.S., the Christian States, the WNAF, the Republic of California, and these own colonies growing endemic autonomist and independtist movements.

-Aftermath of the hasty and rushed agreements of the distribution of U.S. Federally-owned (especially Military) assets amongst the U.S. successor nations, which left many within and between those successor nations very dissatisfied.

-Experimental new energy sources.

-Legal code revisitation, review, and update.

-Educational reform and update.

-Rise of "dangerous cults" and their continued recognition under Freedom of Religion.

-Environmental issues (far more prevalent than today).

-And, I have yet to figure out a good way to parse @vcczar's suggested issue ideas into several issues.

These are some new ideas, here.

Sorry for my delay!
Ideas for events to make the game dynamic:

Violent storms within the nation! Extremist cults that try to hold rallies within cities- i feel some of these cults will try to reject technology given how AI will displace many workers.