270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Hypothetical United States (Rump Nation) Presidential Election 2048 - A Starting Scenario

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

same username

Sorry I missed meeting you in Steam yesterday. I was very suddenly busy. Will you be on this weekend?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Sorry I missed meeting you in Steam yesterday. I was very suddenly busy. Will you be on this weekend?

Hard to tell. Will be random. You usually seem to catch me one there. 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:01 AM, RI Democrat said:

It was an allusion to these two geniuses:

Beavis_and_Butt-head_titlecard.png

I thought that said MARK Judge's Beavis and Butthead for a moment there and thought "wow he's still as immature as they were in Kavanaugh's yearbook."

6 minutes ago, Wiw said:

A question: why is it called "Rump Nation"?

The term "rump nation" (or rump party or rump organization, in other usages) refers to a historical context where a larger nation (or other entity) has been greatly reduced or has schismed in size, but a given successor entity can claim, with a greater validity, de jure or de facto, to be the true claimant of being the actual "successor" entity, and styling itself such, despite a significant reduction in size. The term is only ever unofficial, and is NEVER a formally recognized part of the "successor rump" entity's claimed name, which is almost always the name of the original entity before reduction or schism, or a very close term.