Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Moving Forward

Recommended Posts

@willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders  @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams @FrancisXKennedy @MBDemSoc @Ido@Thunder@Wiw@Harris/Ernst 2020@jnewt@Ishan@manlex @LokiLoki22 @IonicAmalgam @jdm06ltd @Berg2036 @MBDemSoc @POLITICALBOMB @thr33 @Hestia11 @NYConservative

So, even though I've come to this conclusion before, I've always allowed myself to be drawn or goaded out, but I firmly believe that most discussion about ACTUAL politics and religion themselves on these forums quickly become toxic, hostile, vicious, incendiary, irresolvable, and lead to very bad fellowship and even insults thrown. Thus, I will no longer participate in such debate, and will devote myself to making scenarios and aiding others with their with material and advice. I'd appreciate not to be tagged or goaded in any thread or poll devoted the debate of politics or religion, or other such matters themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had a dime....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

If I had a dime....

It's like quitting smoking (although I don't smoke, and you don't seem like the type either, but this is a good analogy). VERY few people quit a bad habit the first time they try to give it up. But if they never try, or stop trying, they'll never break the habit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

@willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders  @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams @FrancisXKennedy @MBDemSoc @Ido@Thunder@Wiw@Harris/Ernst 2020@jnewt@Ishan@manlex @LokiLoki22 @IonicAmalgam @jdm06ltd @Berg2036 @MBDemSoc @POLITICALBOMB @thr33 @Hestia11 @NYConservative

So, even though I've come to this conclusion before, I've always allowed myself to be drawn or goaded out, but I firmly believe that most discussion about ACTUAL politics and religion themselves on these forums quickly become toxic, hostile, vicious, incendiary, irresolvable, and lead to very bad fellowship and even insults thrown. Thus, I will no longer participate in such debate, and will devote myself to making scenarios and aiding others with their with material and advice. I'd appreciate not to be tagged or goaded in any thread or poll devoted the debate of politics or religion, or other such matters themselves.

Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Patine said:

It's like quitting smoking (although I don't smoke, and you don't seem like the type either, but this is a good analogy). VERY few people quit a bad habit the first time they try to give it up. But if they never try, or stop trying, they'll never break the habit.

I tried vaping once and I felt like such a degenerate after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I tried vaping once and I felt like such a degenerate after.

Why does a self-described Libertarian use a word like "degenerate," which just reeks Paleoconservative, and very OLD Paleoconservative, all the time, if I may ask? Which, in fact, @Reagan04 has not even used once on these forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 5:54 PM, Patine said:

Why does a self-described Libertarian use a word like "degenerate," which just reeks Paleoconservative, and very OLD Paleoconservative, all the time, if I may ask? Which, in fact, @Reagan04 has not even used once on these forums.

Idk, it just appears to be one of my favorite words in my vocab. Pretty accurate though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Idk, it just appears to be one of my favorite words in my vocab. Pretty accurate though.

How can a word that, by it's very nature and definition in any context, is, and can only be, purely subjective, ever be called "accurate?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 7:52 PM, Patine said:

So, even though I've come to this conclusion before, I've always allowed myself to be drawn or goaded out, but I firmly believe that most discussion about ACTUAL politics and religion themselves on these forums quickly become toxic, hostile, vicious, incendiary, irresolvable, and lead to very bad fellowship and even insults thrown. Thus, I will no longer participate in such debate, and will devote myself to making scenarios and aiding others with their with material and advice. I'd appreciate not to be tagged or goaded in any thread or poll devoted the debate of politics or religion, or other such matters themselves.

I agree. I'm not a high volume poster, but I've tried to avoid the main board as it has been increasingly full of heated political debates - far too much anger and vitriol for me. I've been busy though so it's worked out. I'm really looking forward to the 10/15 favorability update, I think I'll be back to my normal posting once it's released. Pretty excited about the possibilities for the gameplay engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Patine said:

How can a word that, by it's very nature and definition in any context, is, and can only be, purely subjective, ever be called "accurate?"

You've never seen anything and instantly assigned an emotional adjective to it? Get outta here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

You've never seen anything and instantly assigned an emotional adjective to it? Get outta here

Oh, I have. I admit it. But I also admit, in retrospect, it was almost never objectively "accurate."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also want to make scenarios, my scenarios are more on the silly side though (not many fictional scenarios around here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 12:52 AM, Patine said:

@willpaddyg @daons @LegolasRedbard @Prussian1871 @wolves @SirLagsalott @michaelsdiamonds @victorraiders  @Falcon @jnewt @President Garrett Walker @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @SeanFKennedy @vcczar @jvikings1 @harveyrayson2 @lizarraba @TheMiddlePolitical @CalebsParadox @MrPrez @msc123123 @NYrepublican  @RI Democrat @servo75  @Presidentinsertname  @ThePotatoWalrus @Sunnymentoaddict @TheLiberalKitten @Quebecois @avatarmushi @Sami @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Lyly @President Trenton Adams @FrancisXKennedy @MBDemSoc @Ido@Thunder@Wiw@Harris/Ernst 2020@jnewt@Ishan@manlex @LokiLoki22 @IonicAmalgam @jdm06ltd @Berg2036 @MBDemSoc @POLITICALBOMB @thr33 @Hestia11 @NYConservative

So, even though I've come to this conclusion before, I've always allowed myself to be drawn or goaded out, but I firmly believe that most discussion about ACTUAL politics and religion themselves on these forums quickly become toxic, hostile, vicious, incendiary, irresolvable, and lead to very bad fellowship and even insults thrown. Thus, I will no longer participate in such debate, and will devote myself to making scenarios and aiding others with their with material and advice. I'd appreciate not to be tagged or goaded in any thread or poll devoted the debate of politics or religion, or other such matters themselves.

Well, I won't be joining these debates any more, either. I am somewhat sick of all this rubbish. It's bad for my mentality, it's all a mess - as you've seen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this isn't the right place for this, but I didn't feel like it warranted a new thread.

@Reagan04, bet you're happy with the new Cruz poll? You think its a safe red state now or are you not ready to relax yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I know this isn't the right place for this, but I didn't feel like it warranted a new thread.

@Reagan04, bet you're happy with the new Cruz poll? You think its a safe red state now or are you not ready to relax yet?

It's a very ironic thread to post that, in fact...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×