270soft Forum
TheMiddlePolitical

Dr. Ward vs Judge Kavanaugh who is telling the truth? (poll)

Who is telling the truth?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. ?

?

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

?

I don't know, I don't pretend to know, and would be HIGHLY dubious of any poster here who claimed they outright knew, like past posters such as @Presidentinsertname and @Dallas have outright claimed to KNOW the truth outright of similar issues to these in past threads.

Edit: Although, checking the voting results, four posters have already claimed to personally have privileged and exclusive that there's no possible way they could remotely have. These types of opinions by the masses where different groups of people DECIDE they just happen to inexplicably KNOW who did what and who didn't in these types of cases, when there's no POSSIBLE way at all any but a very few involved around the actual act itself could absolutely know, and "trials by popular opinion" open and are given weight and credence, has become a an absolutely DISGUTING aspect of modern culture - one that is vile enough, that it should be excised utterly from current zeitgeist. It lowers the level and standard of civilization itself, and EVERYONE EVERYWHERE who has involved themselves in such witchhunting gossip should feel utter shame for their complete stupidity!

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

Edit: Although, checking the voting results, four posters have already claimed to personally have privileged and exclusive that there's no possible way they could remotely have. These types of opinions by the masses where different groups of people DECIDE they just happen to inexplicably KNOW who did what and who didn't in these types of cases, when there's no POSSIBLE way at all any but a very few involved around the actual act itself could absolutely know, and "trials by popular opinion" open and are given weight and credence, has become a an absolutely DISGUTING aspect of modern culture - one that is vile enough, that it should be excised utterly from current zeitgeist. It lowers the level and standard of civilization itself, and EVERYONE EVERYWHERE who has involved themselves in such witchhunting gossip should feel utter shame for their complete stupidity!

Where does anyone claim to have absikute knowledge?It's an opinion poll.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Where does anyone claim to have absikute knowledge?It's an opinion poll.

The question is worded, "Who is telling the truth?" In English grammar, that's a request for a fact, not an opinion. But even so, even as opinions, these conversations always turn ugly, self-righteous, and into mob justice, and people always end up talking as though they know for sure, or it must be obvious. It still feeds into a disgusting cultural zeitgeist. I believe, in these cases, both the victim and the accused deserve full right of due process with the taint and poison and plague and Internet speculation that has because such a blight on the system in many of these regards.

@admin_270, I am requesting, based, on my argument above, and the fact such threads ALWAYS veers quickly off topic, to have this thread closed and all future threads on these topics as soon as is possible, to help maintain thread harmony.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

@admin_270, I am requesting, based, on my argument above, and the fact such threads ALWAYS veers quickly off topic, to have this thread closed and all future threads on these topics as soon as is possible, to help maintain thread harmony.

And I request not. As long as it's respectful it doesn't violate the rules.

10 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

And I request not. As long as it's respectful it doesn't violate the rules.

I do not believe this type of conversation on the Internet CAN be respectful, by very nature alone, and the existence of this intrusive culture of virulent GOSSIP (the capitalized word is there for you, @NYrepublican, because it's frowned upon by the Jewish rabbis (in fact, it's originally a Yiddish term for an activity to avoid in a community) that's what such chatter on these kinds of always comes down to), and it always ends up as a violation of privacy and, across the Internet and "weighing in" culture as a whole, most of whose contributors are absolute idiots or people playing on stereotypes and knowing nothing of what actually occurred, or the really knowing the people involved themselves that well, prejudices the right of due process to both the victim and accused. And, while this won't shut the toxic circus across the Internet and media, I reiterate my request to Anthony to shut it down here, at least.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

I do not believe this type of conversation on the Internet CAN be respectful, by very nature alone, and the existence of this intrusive culture of virulent GOSSIP (the capitalized word is there for you, @NYrepublican, because it's frowned upon by the Jewish rabbis (in fact, it's originally a Yiddish term for an activity to avoid in a community) that's what such chatter on these kinds of always comes down to), and it always ends up as a violation of privacy and, across the Internet and "weighing in" culture as a whole, most of whose contributors are absolute idiots or people playing on stereotypes and knowing nothing of what actually occurred, or the really knowing the people involved themselves that well, prejudices the right of due process to both the victim and accused. And, while this won't shut the toxic circus across the Internet and media, I reiterate my request to Anthony to shut it down here, at least.

This stuff is already out there on the airwaves and CNN,FOX,MSNBC and BBC regardless of the bubble you wish to live in.

26 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

This stuff is already out there on the airwaves and CNN,FOX,MSNBC and BBC regardless of the bubble you wish to live in.

Yes, it is, and all a very disgusting, vile, loathesome bunch of cultural filth, promoted by supposedly mature, professional adults in media outlets, of all partisan biases, who have become nothing vile predatory vultures in their fields, and ALWAYS do more harm than good to the right to due process by their utter stupidity and pandering to the most low-grade of audiences. YOU should be ashamed for supporting and standing in defense of this cancer in our modern culture, AND defending bringing to this forum and having it entrenched solidly, against all challenge here.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Yes, it is, and all a very disgusting, vile, loathesome bunch of cultural filth, promoted by supposedly mature, professional adults in media outlets, of all partisan biases, who have become nothing vile predatory vultures in their fields, and ALWAYS do more harm than good to the right to due process by their utter stupidity and pandering to the most low-grade of audiences. YOU should be ashamed for supporting and standing in defense of this cancer in our modern culture, AND defending bringing to this forum and having it entrenched solidly, against all challenge here.

Whoa. This is a massive accusation against the media where you're evidence for it?

3 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

Whoa. This is a massive accusation against the media where you're evidence for it?

The evidence is in your face every single time you turn on a cable news channel, go to an Internet news site, or (for those that still print hardcopy), read a news magazine or newspaper. The evidence is overwhelming, and you, yourself, link tonnes of video and text links of such evidence all the time. If they WEREN'T doing what I say they are, what explanation could there possibly for the choices of focus, subject matter, repetitively harping on certain topics over others, asking public figures often irrelevant to the affair, or only tangentially involved, and often odd choices of such figures, to "weigh in" on affairs all the time, and definite slants and biases to one side or the other obviously dripping from their broadcasts or texts (such blatant betrayals of bias, which most big news outlets take for granted as a matter of course, and the small, fringe, outlets, are even more overt, was actually considered a sign of journalistic unprofessionalism, when I was young, believe it or not).

This thread is off-topic. If someone wants to discuss these issues, a better thread topic would be 'Should a Kavanaugh issue be added to Congress Infinity?', say.