270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
westwoodblvd

How do I make the game more difficult?

Hello everybody,

I gave this game a few rounds and not to sound cocky but I find it too easy. I've now figured out how to basically always win and that doesn't feel realistic to me anymore. Like in no possible scenario would a Democrat win Florida by 25 points, e.g. Is there a way to make it more difficult or to somehow make sure that the margins stay somewhat realistic?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, westwoodblvd said:

Hello everybody,

I gave this game a few rounds and not to sound cocky but I find it too easy. I've now figured out how to basically always win and that doesn't feel realistic to me anymore. Like in no possible scenario would a Democrat win Florida by 25 points, e.g. Is there a way to make it more difficult or to somehow make sure that the margins stay somewhat realistic?

Thanks.

Besides the difficulty, I would say trying to play "realistically" instead of playing "to win" or cheesing the system would make it a better and more difficult experience. The last part of your question is also something longtime member @vcczar brings up often, about realistic margins.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Besides the difficulty, I would say trying to play "realistically" instead of playing "to win" or cheesing the system would make it a better and more difficult experience. The last part of your question is also something longtime member @vcczar brings up often, about realistic margins.

Yeah I think that will come with favorability and demographics-when they get implemented. But I feel @westwoodblvd try playing as a bottom tier candidate for one of the major parties and see if you can win the primary. 

How does the decided/leaning/undecided metric in the campaign editor work? Is it related to the percentages you set in the campaign editor? Because I tried to set like 95% of people already decided, it makes the game harder but in the end the margins can be just as unrealistic.

7 hours ago, westwoodblvd said:

How does the decided/leaning/undecided metric in the campaign editor work? Is it related to the percentages you set in the campaign editor? Because I tried to set like 95% of people already decided, it makes the game harder but in the end the margins can be just as unrealistic.

This is also something I've struggled to understand~~

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, westwoodblvd said:

Hello everybody,

Thanks.

Download vcczar's 2020 and run as Kokesh (Libertarian Party), now there's a challenge.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:14 PM, westwoodblvd said:

Hello everybody,

Thanks.

can you tell me your secrets?

i want to have Mondale win in 84'